Minion Beta! - Help us test our new AddOn updater. Get it now!
Download
(216 Kb)
Download
Updated: 10-14-10 05:58 AM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:10-14-10 05:58 AM
Created:unknown
Downloads:20,828
Favorites:420
MD5:
Fortress  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 1.1.5
by: Borlox [More]
Fortress is a display addon for LDB data feeds. It shows each plugin as a block, which is freely movable and can stick to other blocks. Blocks can be unstuck by holding the ctrl-key while dragging them.

Commands:
Use /fortress or /ft to open the configuration (also accessible via Main Menu -> Interface -> Addons -> Fortress).

Configuration:
The configuration has two parts: The master settings and the individual plugin settings. At first each option is controlled by the master settings and therefore it has the same effect for each plugin. Once you change something individually for one plugin, this setting is no longer controlled by the master mode (for this plugin).
You can select the mode for each option at the "Select master" tab in each plugin's config screen.

Bug Reports:
To report a bug, please open a ticket here.

Other versions:
The latest beta version is available here.
1.1.5
- Update for patch 4.0.1

1.13.1
- fixed bug #41 (reappearing labels)
- removed embeds.xml
- TOC update for patch 3.3

1.13
- ability to create empty blocks (as spacers)
- simpler block layout options
- hide out of combat setting

1.2
- Some bugfixes
- TOC update

1.11.2
- Removed debug messages

1.11
- Fixed many bugs
- Added support for .icon[RGB] and .iconCoord (for TomTom brokers)
- Some locale updates
- Added some more options ("Enable new plugins", "Edge Size", Icon/Text alignment)

1.1
- Implemented profile support
- Added support for LibSharedMedia-3.0 (and many block config options)
- Plugin list is now sorted
- Added "Show Linked" setting: Show all linked blocks, when you mouseover one
- Some more minor changes I've already forgotten

1.05
- Toc update
- Fixed a bug with the 'hide tooltip in combat' setting
- Added 'Disable tooltip' setting
- Updated locales: enUS, deDE and koKR (by Sayclub)

1.041 (WotLK change only)
- Fixed an error in the slash command handler for WotLK

1.04
- Fixed a bug, where plugins with a tooltip were not hiding properly.
- Added "Fixed Width" setting
- Added "Hide Border" setting

1.03
- New locales: zhCN (by cwd) and koKR (by sayclub)

1.02
- Fixed a bug, where the label color was not applied (by ag).
- Fixed a bug, where new blocks weren't cascaded.
- Fixed a bug, where block scaling wasn't applied.

1.01
- New locales: ruRU (by StingerSoft), frFR (by pettigrow) and deDE

1.0
- First release version
Archived Files (2)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.14
163kB
Borlox
07-22-10 10:51 AM
1.13.1
157kB
Borlox
12-08-09 12:35 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 09-02-08, 12:46 PM  
str1k3r
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 4
Uploads: 0
Re: how to unstick blocks?

Originally posted by thunderpaw
How does one unstick/unglue two blocks once they are together?
press Ctrl and move block
Last edited by str1k3r : 09-02-08 at 12:47 PM.
str1k3r is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-08, 10:08 AM  
ShaneSveller
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 17
Uploads: 2
Thumbs up Options panel LDB-block sorting

I already love this addon, but I would love it so much more if the tree list of LDB-blocks in my options panel were sorted by name or even by the addon that provides, just something to keep them from being scattered into the order the providers registered with LDB. (At least, I think that's the order they're showing up in.) Is that at all feasible?
ShaneSveller is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-08, 06:15 AM  
Borlox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Borlox's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 13
File comments: 40
Uploads: 12
Re: Options panel LDB-block sorting

Originally posted by mellerfal
I already love this addon, but I would love it so much more if the tree list of LDB-blocks in my options panel were sorted by name or even by the addon that provides, just something to keep them from being scattered into the order the providers registered with LDB. (At least, I think that's the order they're showing up in.) Is that at all feasible?
The order of the options panels is manages by the Blizzard interface options. There's no way to let it sort the list.
Borlox is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-08, 12:43 PM  
Darkspell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Forum posts: 17
File comments: 48
Uploads: 0
Just installed this. So far I love it but... getting this error:

[2008/09/22 11:41:08-527-x6]: Fortress-1.0\Options.lua:489: attempt to call global 'InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToFrame' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3189: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2909: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2930: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>
Darkspell is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-23-08, 10:07 AM  
Borlox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Borlox's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 13
File comments: 40
Uploads: 12
Originally posted by Darkspell
Just installed this. So far I love it but... getting this error:

[2008/09/22 11:41:08-527-x6]: Fortress-1.0\Options.lua:489: attempt to call global 'InterfaceOptionsFrame_OpenToFrame' (a nil value)
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3189: in function `ChatEdit_ParseText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2909: in function `ChatEdit_SendText':
Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:2930: in function `ChatEdit_OnEnterPressed':
<string>:"*:OnEnterPressed":1: in function <[string "*:OnEnterPressed"]:1>
Thanks for reporting, fixed in version 1.041.
Note: This is a WotLK change, only Beta/PTR players need this update.
Borlox is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-08, 04:10 AM  
fred
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Forum posts: 208
File comments: 363
Uploads: 0
Still working o.k.? Was thinking to switch one pc too all data broker mods,but I don't care for the other front end brokers.
fred is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-08, 03:46 PM  
saanlem
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 124
File comments: 37
Uploads: 4
For some reason no profiles are saved. I have tried to copy from onr toon to another, pull the name, but the block stays blank.
__________________
Saanlem
US Nazgrel - Bikutanda
EU Lightbringer - Saanlem
saanlem is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-08, 06:32 PM  
Kerecha
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Kerecha's Avatar

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 200
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by saanlem
For some reason no profiles are saved. I have tried to copy from onr toon to another, pull the name, but the block stays blank.
Reload UI after selecting/copying the profile.
Kerecha is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-01-08, 09:20 PM  
Nefarion
A Defias Bandit
 
Nefarion's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 57
Uploads: 20
Any plans to implement text alignment options?

Oh, and setting "step = 10" for the width option is the easiest way to make people nerdrage. Things like that should never be step-locked. Ever. Ever.
Nefarion is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-08, 04:40 PM  
Frayol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Frayol's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 127
Uploads: 4
Not sure if this is counted as a bug or not, but with version 1.1 whenever I click on block to change a setting the tooltip vanishes. It never used to do this and I reverted to 1.05 in order to test and the problem and with the older version it went away. If this is not intended behaviour, please let me know and I will add a bug report for it if you require.

Just to add that I am not using anything other than native LDB addons as the last non-native one I did use was OutfitterFu which is no longer required thanks to support for LDB being added.
Frayol is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-08, 04:09 PM  
Borlox
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Borlox's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 13
File comments: 40
Uploads: 12
Originally posted by Frayol
Not sure if this is counted as a bug or not, but with version 1.1 whenever I click on block to change a setting the tooltip vanishes. It never used to do this and I reverted to 1.05 in order to test and the problem and with the older version it went away. If this is not intended behaviour, please let me know and I will add a bug report for it if you require.

Just to add that I am not using anything other than native LDB addons as the last non-native one I did use was OutfitterFu which is no longer required thanks to support for LDB being added.
This is working as intended. I changed this because many brokers open a config window when they're clicked without hiding the tooltip. I'll add a switch to disable this feature.
Borlox is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-08, 05:30 PM  
Frayol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
Frayol's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 10
File comments: 127
Uploads: 4
Originally posted by Borlox
This is working as intended. I changed this because many brokers open a config window when they're clicked without hiding the tooltip. I'll add a switch to disable this feature.
Not sure about that myself, IMHO it is really down to each broker addon author to ensure that a click on the button closes the tooltip if the click then opens another window that would be covered by the tooltip. Or perhaps that just me being awkward, but then perhaps not. Anyways, thanks in advance for adding a switch to disable the feature, that will be great.
Frayol is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-08, 10:24 PM  
Tebasile
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 12
Uploads: 0
Is there any way to adjust the tooltip font size?
Tebasile is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-08, 07:20 AM  
dwarfintank
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
dwarfintank's Avatar

Forum posts: 12
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
fubar addons

is there a way to show fubar addons in fortress?
nvm i found it
Last edited by dwarfintank : 11-22-08 at 07:36 AM.
dwarfintank is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-08, 03:30 PM  
FarseerLolotea
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 11
File comments: 110
Uploads: 2
Fortress is misbehaving. It's not letting me disable individual add-ons.
FarseerLolotea is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: