|Go to Page...|
The Traveller's Reference: A DataBroker Plugin
The Traveller's Reference is an easy to use guide to provide you with information about the current zone you're in, and pointers to other places you could go. This mod is also a DataBroker plugin, which means there are many ways in which you can display this information (see the section below for DataBroker information).
Here's the bulleted feature list.
The information display (see screenshot):
- Shows the zone you're currently in and the level-range of that zone is shown.
- The display style can be toggled between two modes via alt + click.
- Long display: Shows the zone, sub-zone in brackets, then the level-range.
- Short display: Shows the sub-zone if present, otherwise the zone, then the level-range.
- Shift + clicking the display will toggle showing the range.
- Control + clicking the display toggles plugin-dragging mode*.
- Clicking the display opens/closes the World Map.
* When in this mode, the tooltip is mode small and most click based operations are disabled. This is in order to make the plugin easier to drag into position.
The tooltip (see screenshot):
- A list of neighbouring zones (zones that border the one you're currently in).
- A list of instances within your level-range.
- A list of zones within your level-range.
- The level-ranges are colour-coded so they can be easily recognised at a glance.
- Holding shift makes the tooltip small, for ease of movement.
I'd like to thank Beoko, I helped work on his Navigator plugin and I learned a lot from doing so, some of that is present in The Traveller's Reference. Navigator was instrumental in helping me set foot down the road of DataBroker plugin creation in general, too. So really, kudos to him. Check out his Navigator mod!
What is DataBroker?
DataBroker is part of a system that's similar to FuBar and its plugins, what you have here is a plugin but you'll also need something to display the output of the plugin. You have many options for this, and I've listed a number of them below for your perusal, just pick the one that interests you the most.
- Fortress: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10401-Fortress.html
- ButtonBin: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10474-ButtonBin.html
- StatBlockCore: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9221-StatBlockCore.html
- MakeRocketGoNow: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info9771-MakeRocketGoNow.html
- Carousel: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info10295-Carousel.html
- Titan: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info8092-TitanPanel.html
If you want further information, that nice feller tekkub has put together some information on his wiki. And it's good information too, information that you should probably read if you're just getting into DataBroker plugins. (Not to mention that poor old tek puts these pages together and not many people seem to read them, so I thought I'd do my part to help remedy that situation. )