In my quest to find the perfect tooltip mod, I decided to create my own and have a learning experience. Thus, TipTop was born. TipTop seeks to modify the default tip instead of replace it.
Apparently, my comments are a magnet for bug reports and feature requests, despite the buttons for them to the right to put them on my portal, the FAQ saying to put them on my portal (with links even!), and repeated requests in the comments section to put them at my portal. So I'll put it here in big, colorful, bold letters.
FEATURE REQUESTS AND BUG REPORTS NEED TO BE PUT ON MY PORTAL. IF YOU PUT THEM IN MY COMMENTS, THEY WILL MOST LIKELY BE FORGOTTEN AND/OR IGNORED.
I appreciate the time that you take to report bugs and request things, but please appreciate the time/effort that it takes me to go through them and remember them, and please just put them in the correct location.
optional class-colored border for units (optional support for !ClassColors)
optional difficulty-colored border for units
option to display class icon before unit's name in tooltip (off by default)
option to display guild rank (off by default)
added target text line
"faded" tip if unit is tapped, dead, or offline
custom border, background, and status bar textures
custom font selection, plus option of Outline, etc.
custom background color/alpha
custom health bar color, including class-colored
ability to move the tooltip or attach to cursor
can show health on statusbar in four different formats
health bar may be above or below the tooltip, or be contained inside the tooltip
item-quality colored border for items
raid icon display
added talent text line
displays (Rare), (AFK), and (DND) when possible, next to the unit's name
option to display elite/rare elite graphic for those units
adjust tip background alpha
each character has a choice of using either a global or character specific profile
Where are the options?
The options panel is located on the addons page of the Interface Options panel. Hit escape, go to Interface, click the AddOns tab, and you'll see TipTop listed there. You can also use the slash commands /tiptop or /tip
How do I move the tooltip?
In the TipTop config window, scroll down until you see the anchor settings. You may either anchor the mouse to the cursor, or to a side/corner of the screen. Note that x,y offsets only work when the tip is *not* anchored to the cursor. This is a limitation set by the game's API, and I will not code in the hacks that other tooltip addons use to get around this. I suggest using the alpha setting instead so the tip doesn't block your view so much.
I want the tooltip offset from the cursor - will you add it or is it bugged?
Where can I find more fonts/borders/bar textures?
For further font choices, I suggest the SharedMedia addon. Have a font you want to use that's not in there? Read the "Instructions for MyMedia.txt" file in the SharedMedia folder.
How can I give feedback?
Feel free to leave your comments/questions here, but all bug reports and feature requests need to go to my portal if you want me to remember to do them.
Can I use your code/textures?
All use of my code and custom textures separate from TipTop must be for your own personal use and they may not be redistributed separate from the addon. You may use snippets of my code in addons you intend to distribute only after receiving permission, and credit must be given.
Can I redistribute this addon?
My addons may only be redistributed in UI compilations, and any mention of the addon must point to its download page or my portal, both on wowinterface.
Do you accept cookies?
I love cookies! Unfortunately, they may turn to crumbs in the mail. Instead, you may donate to my cookie fund via PayPal.
- added missing logic check to fix error on line 296
- logic check to fix error in 5.4
- updated Ace3 libs
- updated TOC for 5.4
- fix for nil error reported by Ookami.kun
- updated TOC for 5.2
- updated libraries
- added new feature: ability to display guild rank (off by default)
- updated TOC to 5.1
- put in fix for white borders on clickable tooltips when border is hidden or not set to color by item quality
- skin Blizz's new compare tips for clickable tooltips
- fixed level logic for difficulty coloring
- put in check to only set percent health text if <= 100%
- this fixes errors where the client would wrongly report a maxhp of 1
- updated TOC for MoP
- updated libs
- added Monk class icon
- fixed talents - they now only show Specialization, no talent points
- added option to truncate health text
- cleaned up code a tad
- localized new globals in the upvalues list
- added optional faction icon to tooltip (settings located in "Extra Stuff" section)
- removed "MONOCHROME" font flag because it currently crashes the client
- changed "THICK OUTLINE" font flag to "MONOCHROME OUTLINE" (this won't crash you)
- changed two included statusbar textures - converted to .blp properly this time
- updated TOC for 4.3
- updated libs
- fixed a bug with the short talents option when mousing over someone with no talent spec
- that was quick! today's mini-patch fixed heirloom item colors (removed override code from TipTop)
- attempt to fix Blizz bug where Heirloom items are colored white (this only fixes the tooltip borders, I filed a bug report to fix on the servers)
- added option to only show main spec name (hiding the talent points)
- bumped TOC number for 4.2
- all seems to be working as expected!
- updated libs
- fixed: health bars now stay your custom color!
- the health bar on the tooltip may now be colored by class
- FIXED: nil error when trying to get talents from players who haven't chosen their spec yet
- NEW: draggable frame for quick repositioning of the tooltip. X,Y coordinates are still available for fine tuning. Don't want to use the mover frame? It's not created or anything until you click the config button for it.
- optimizations to talent gathering code
- updated for Cataclysm
- changed "INSPECT_TALENT_READY" to "INSPECT_READY"
- use GUID returned by new event to only grab talents for the unit I requested
- fix for changes to GetTalentTabInfo()
- updated all libraries
- fiddled with padding between statusbar and frame border when the health bar is inside
- can now color the border by level difficulty (if class and difficulty are *both* selected, friendly units will be colored by class, and others will be by difficulty)
- changed hp display for units with no maxhp (ex. walls in WG) so that maxhp is 1 - this displays their current health, at least, instead of forcing the text to be blank
- fix for random/rare error with talents
- refix for talent spam
- hopefully fixed: nil error and repeating icon bug
- fixed: minimum width for tooltip (code is for aesthetics and to fit in health display)
- updated: libs and TOC number
- Fixed: talent text spamming the tooltip for some raid frames
- Fixed: Elite graphic not obeying its checkbox in options
- Added: option to display class icon next to name in tooltip (off by default)
- you can now set the font flags for the tooltips' text (Outline, etc)
- if you have the elite graphic enabled, it will now show for bosses too
- added support for WorldMapTooltip
- fixed health percent display for "units" with no health (gates in Wintergrasp, for example)
- added a couple additional checks to silence a couple errors
- added some additional options for profiles (copy from default profile and reset profile)
- fixed error for custom created frames/tooltips that try to look like the game tooltip - let me know if something's still awry
- fixed an oopsie - target text works again (had accidentally deleted the line that called its function >.< )
- semi-rewrite of 1.x
- the ability to have the health bar inside the tip is back
- rearranged options
- new health bar color option
- added an elite/rare elite graphic option for hubby
- changed directory structure and pushed media into a media subdirectory
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com