Download
(454 Kb)
Download
Updated: 04-08-14 05:30 PM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4)
Escalation (5.3)
Thunder Isle (5.2)
Landfall (5.1)
Mists of Pandaria (5.0.4)
Updated:04-08-14 05:30 PM
Created:unknown
Downloads:396,002
Favorites:984
MD5:
5.4
Ion  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: Hydrogen-9 Beta
by: Maul, anseloth, chinoloco, kouik

Ion!
A macro-based action bar addon. It can stand on its own or supplement any other action bar addon or even the default Blizzard UI.

Buy Maul a Coke!

"Feel the power of the macro side..."
A WoW 5.x Mists of Pandaria addon.

Help Localize Ion!

Still need:

French(frFR) • German(deDE) •
Russian(ruRU)
Latin American Spanish(esMX) • Spanish(esES) • Russian(ruRU) Brazilian Portuguese(ptBR)
Korean(koKR) Simplified Chinese(zhCN) • Traditional Chinese(zhTW)

Official Forum!

/flyout FAQ!

Bug Reports - Report bugs here

Feature Requests - Request features here


Be sure to check out the Optional Ion Addons to give you additional control over UI elements other than buttons using the Ion UI configuration framework.


Features -
  • An unlimited number of macros, create as many bars/buttons as you want/need per character!
  • Are you a keybinder extreme? Use the button storage area for all your macros/keybinds! No buttons on screen needed!
  • Are you a clicker extrodanaire? As many buttons on the screen you want where you want, when you want!
  • Macros the size of Texas! Up to 1024 characters in length!
  • Maul's unique mouseover key-binding system - where the mouseover binding system was born!
  • Many other of the favorite desired bar addon features and then some!
  • Button Facade support!
  • Every button in Macaroon is a macro button by default and in many ways they behave like normal action buttons. Buttons can also be set to be "action" or "pet" buttons.
Commands -
  • Type /ion to display a list of available commands, which are:
menu: Toggle the main menu
storage: Open the button storage area
create: Create a blank bar
delete: Delete the currently selected bar
config: Toggle configuration mode for all bars
add: Adds buttons to the currently selected bar (add or add #)
remove: Removes buttons from the currently selected bar (remove or remove #)
edit: Toggle edit mode for all buttons
bind: Toggle binding mode for all buttons
scale: Scale a bar to the desired size.
snapto: Toggle SnapTo for current bar
autohide: Toggle AutoHide for current bar
shape: Change current bar's shape
name: Change current bar's name
strata: Change current bar's frame strata
alpha: Change current bar's alpha (transparency)
alphaup: Set current bar's conditions to 'alpha up'
arcstart: Set current bar's starting arc location (in degrees)
arclen: Set current bar's arc length (in degrees)
columns: Set the number of columns for the current bar
padh: Set current bar's horizontal padding
padv: Set current bar's vertical padding
padhv: Adjust both horizontal and vertical padding of the current bar incrementally
showgrid: Toggle the current bar's showgrid flag
x: Change current bar's horizontal axis position
y: Change current bar's vertical axis position
state: Toggle states for the current bar (/mac state <state>). Type /mac statelist for vaild states
statelist: Print a list of valid states
load: Load a profile
lock: Lock buttons
Just remember: "With great flexibility comes great configuration..." - Maul
Trinity/Trinity Bars Note:
Ion, a World of Warcraft® user interface addon.
Copyright© 2006-2012 Connor H. Chenoweth, aka Maul


Hydrogen-9 Beta
- Debug spam fix

Hydrogen-8 Beta
- Minor update to fix smaller issues

Hydrogen-7 Beta
- Updated for patch 5.4.1

Hydrogen-6 Beta
- Updated for patch 5.3

Hydrogen-5
- Spell Count bug fix (i.e. Death Knight's Scent of Blood count update)
- Spell Charges fix properly implemented

Hydrogen-4
- Forum version, include most hotfixes appearing on the forum (flyx, Nephyrin, chinoloco,kouik)
- should now display the appropriate tooltip in all cases.
- GetSpellCount replaced by GetSpellCharges (roll charges issues)
- spells with distinct subtypes between specs should be shown as useable in all cases.
- spell cooldowns should update (trash, symbiosis, disconnect/reconnect after a spec change should not show questionmark anymore)
- flyout should show the proper spell

Hydorgen-3

Hydrogen-2 Beta
- Updated for patch 5.1
- Fixed texture issue
- Dual spec toggle should work now
- Fixed extra bar action ID
- Other minor changes
- Sorry folks, that is all :(

Hydrogen-2 Beta
-Now scans profession spells
-Tentatively enabling/disabling of the Blizzard Main Bar should work
-Blizzard ExtraAction button should now only show if the Blizzard Bar is used
-Moved localization to one file

Hydrogen-1 Beta
- beta release for patch 5.0.4
Optional Files (11)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
Type
Hydrogen-6 Beta
12kB
03-31-14 08:50 AM
Addon
Hydrogen-5 Beta
43kB
03-31-14 08:47 AM
Addon
Hydrogen-4 Beta
5kB
10-29-13 01:08 PM
Addon
Hydrogen-4 Beta
5kB
10-29-13 01:07 PM
Addon
40300.1
6kB
11-29-11 08:01 AM
Addon
40300.1
15kB
11-29-11 07:59 AM
Addon
40000.2.0.1
23kB
07-02-11 11:28 PM
Patch
40000.2.0.1
2kB
07-02-11 07:51 PM
Addon
40101
45kB
11-07-10 02:21 PM
Patch
30300.21
13kB
06-13-10 08:55 PM
Patch
30200.1
10kB
08-06-09 09:23 PM
Addon


Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
 Ion
Hydrogen-8 Beta
417kB
Maul
03-31-14 08:51 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Old 07-24-14, 03:41 PM  
Pantses
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quest Issues

Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall
Originally Posted by Pantses
Ah, well I do have it installed as I do have a Hunter, Mage and Warlock as well. It's still not popping up these quest dependant buttons that you have to have to complete or do the quest. That's what is puzzling me. I've been sitting here on my rogue working on Unmasking the Yaungol. I still can't get it to show up and I've tried every type of setting change I can think of.

I do appreciate your help here by the way. Is there any kind of player written guide showing the details of Ion's settings anywhere?

Edit: So I just noticed I was using v7 not the most recent v9. It looks like the extra action button is no longer dependent on the Pet Bar Module. So it should be active with just the core Ion Addon. Try the steps below to see if you can manually add it again.

I don't think that there is any good guide anywhere. I know about this issue because I helped someone with it 5 or 6 pages back. If the Extra Action Bar is not showing, here is how to manually recreate the extra action bar.


1. Open the Ion Bar Config window: Left click on the ION icon, then right click on any bar.
2. Check to see if you have a "Extra Action Bar 1" in the list of bar names in the Ion menu. If so skip to step 7
3. If you do not see that bar type this command: "/ion create extrabar".
4. A new bar should appear, right click on it while still in the Bar Config Mode
5. With the bar selected type this command: "/ion vis extrabar 0 hide"
6. The following should be printed in the chat window:

0: No Extra Bar - Hide

1: Extra Bar - Show

This sets the bar to only show if there is a ability associated with it.
7. With the Ion Bar Config open and the "Extra Action Bar" selected, click on the right arrow to set the button Count to 1.

This should allow you to now use the Extra Action options when available. If the Extra Bar does not hide after leaving the config mode, try reloading/relogging and it should be hidden until active.
Well I did figure out something, didn't know I had deleted the "Extra Bar" on my original installation, but I must have. When I did the reinstall of all my addons recently, including Ion, it showed up. All is good now! By the way, thanks for all the input and help!
Pantses is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 04:04 PM  
SLOKnightfall
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 19
Uploads: 2
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Quest Issues

Originally Posted by Pantses
Ah, well I do have it installed as I do have a Hunter, Mage and Warlock as well. It's still not popping up these quest dependant buttons that you have to have to complete or do the quest. That's what is puzzling me. I've been sitting here on my rogue working on Unmasking the Yaungol. I still can't get it to show up and I've tried every type of setting change I can think of.

I do appreciate your help here by the way. Is there any kind of player written guide showing the details of Ion's settings anywhere?

Edit: So I just noticed I was using v7 not the most recent v9. It looks like the extra action button is no longer dependent on the Pet Bar Module. So it should be active with just the core Ion Addon. Try the steps below to see if you can manually add it again.

I don't think that there is any good guide anywhere. I know about this issue because I helped someone with it 5 or 6 pages back. If the Extra Action Bar is not showing, here is how to manually recreate the extra action bar.


1. Open the Ion Bar Config window: Left click on the ION icon, then right click on any bar.
2. Check to see if you have a "Extra Action Bar 1" in the list of bar names in the Ion menu. If so skip to step 7
3. If you do not see that bar type this command: "/ion create extrabar".
4. A new bar should appear, right click on it while still in the Bar Config Mode
5. With the bar selected type this command: "/ion vis extrabar 0 hide"
6. The following should be printed in the chat window:

0: No Extra Bar - Hide

1: Extra Bar - Show

This sets the bar to only show if there is a ability associated with it.
7. With the Ion Bar Config open and the "Extra Action Bar" selected, click on the right arrow to set the button Count to 1.

This should allow you to now use the Extra Action options when available. If the Extra Bar does not hide after leaving the config mode, try reloading/relogging and it should be hidden until active.
Last edited by SLOKnightfall : 07-20-14 at 05:14 PM.
SLOKnightfall is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 03:07 PM  
Pantses
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Re: Re: Quest Issues

Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall
Originally Posted by Pantses
Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall
Make sure that you have the "Ion: Pet Bar" installed and active. If you don't then the Extra Action button for those instances will not display.
Curious, why would I need a pet bar on a class that has no pet? I mean I do have it installed because I do play a few classes that have pets, but this was on my warrior that I had this problem as well as my Rogue. It's like something is blocking the Quest's Active button it produces from showing up.

You don't actually need to set up a pet bar for the character, but you need to have the"Ion: Pet Bar" module enabled in the addon list. Looking at the Ion code, the extra action bar is dependent on the Pet Bar module being loaded. If you don't have the module enabled then ION does not even create the Extra Action bar.
Ah, well I do have it installed as I do have a Hunter, Mage and Warlock as well. It's still not popping up these quest dependant buttons that you have to have to complete or do the quest. That's what is puzzling me. I've been sitting here on my rogue working on Unmasking the Yaungol. I still can't get it to show up and I've tried every type of setting change I can think of.

I do appreciate your help here by the way. Is there any kind of player written guide showing the details of Ion's settings anywhere?
Pantses is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 10:25 AM  
SLOKnightfall
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 19
Uploads: 2
Re: Re: Re: Quest Issues

Originally Posted by Pantses
Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall
Make sure that you have the "Ion: Pet Bar" installed and active. If you don't then the Extra Action button for those instances will not display.
Curious, why would I need a pet bar on a class that has no pet? I mean I do have it installed because I do play a few classes that have pets, but this was on my warrior that I had this problem as well as my Rogue. It's like something is blocking the Quest's Active button it produces from showing up.

You don't actually need to set up a pet bar for the character, but you need to have the"Ion: Pet Bar" module enabled in the addon list. Looking at the Ion code, the extra action bar is dependent on the Pet Bar module being loaded. If you don't have the module enabled then ION does not even create the Extra Action bar.
Last edited by SLOKnightfall : 07-20-14 at 10:27 AM.
SLOKnightfall is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-14, 01:37 AM  
Pantses
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Quest Issues

Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall
Make sure that you have the "Ion: Pet Bar" installed and active. If you don't then the Extra Action button for those instances will not display.
Curious, why would I need a pet bar on a class that has no pet? I mean I do have it installed because I do play a few classes that have pets, but this was on my warrior that I had this problem as well as my Rogue. It's like something is blocking the Quest's Active button it produces from showing up.
Pantses is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-14, 04:27 AM  
leobolin
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 21
Uploads: 1
Any change of seing a WoD beta version soon? It's pretty broken at the moment. Green boxes everywhere, can't configure bars. Blizzard bars are not hidden either.

Message: Interface\AddOns\Ion\Ion__Core.lua:1026: attempt to index local 'v' (a number value)
Time: Fri Jul 18 12:27:30 2014
Count: 2
Stack: Interface\AddOns\Ion\Ion__Core.lua:1026: in function `UpdateIconIndex'
Interface\AddOns\Ion\Ion__Core.lua:2330: in function <Interface\AddOns\Ion\Ion__Core.lua:2214>
Last edited by leobolin : 07-18-14 at 04:29 AM.
leobolin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 06:19 PM  
SLOKnightfall
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 19
Uploads: 2
Re: Quest Issues

Originally Posted by Pantses
Ok, maybe someone here can help me.

I'm confused about an issue I have with certain types of quests. One in the Kun-Lai Summit for instance. You have to go up to this NPC and lure him into a trap, once he's trapped then a button should appear on your screen that allows you to interact with the Targeted NPC to remove a mask. Then you kill him and done!

Problem is, I keep having to log out, disable Ion and then log in and finish that quest then log out and turn Ion back on. I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong here or not understanding how to set a button up to do this for me. Not sure how though, any thoughts?
Make sure that you have the "Ion: Pet Bar" installed and active. If you don't then the Extra Action button for those instances will not display.
SLOKnightfall is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 06:13 PM  
Pantses
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Question Quest Issues

Ok, maybe someone here can help me.

I'm confused about an issue I have with certain types of quests. One in the Kun-Lai Summit for instance. You have to go up to this NPC and lure him into a trap, once he's trapped then a button should appear on your screen that allows you to interact with the Targeted NPC to remove a mask. Then you kill him and done!

Problem is, I keep having to log out, disable Ion and then log in and finish that quest then log out and turn Ion back on. I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong here or not understanding how to set a button up to do this for me. Not sure how though, any thoughts?
Pantses is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 11:51 AM  
SLOKnightfall
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 19
Uploads: 2
Originally Posted by kittykatmax
Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall

There might be another button somewhere that has the same shift-key binding. You might want to check in the WoW keybindings that there are no other things set to it and also try setting the button with the Priority flag by right clicking the button when in the ION edit keybind state.
I double-checked and nothing else is bound. What Priority flag? There's no such beast in the gui that I can find - Maul never finished Ion for MoP, so it's mostly blank options (as in Options, Action Data are blank - only Macro Data works, as well as macro name and macro note. There are three blank buttons that do nothing and have no labels - not sure what they were supposed to be.
The Priority flag is one of the options you have when you set up the button keybindings. It looks like you are looking for it in the Macro Editor state. Middle-Click the Ion Minimap button to enter the Ion Keybinder mode. Mouse over the button you want to set and Right-Click it and it should have the word priority in green appear in the button area. This setting will force Ion to give priority to this button over others that may have the same keybindings.
SLOKnightfall is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 11:40 AM  
kittykatmax
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
kittykatmax's Avatar

Forum posts: 16
File comments: 202
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by SLOKnightfall

There might be another button somewhere that has the same shift-key binding. You might want to check in the WoW keybindings that there are no other things set to it and also try setting the button with the Priority flag by right clicking the button when in the ION edit keybind state.
I double-checked and nothing else is bound. What Priority flag? There's no such beast in the gui that I can find - Maul never finished Ion for MoP, so it's mostly blank options (as in Options, Action Data are blank - only Macro Data works, as well as macro name and macro note. There are three blank buttons that do nothing and have no labels - not sure what they were supposed to be.
Last edited by kittykatmax : 07-13-14 at 11:41 AM.
kittykatmax is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 11:16 AM  
SLOKnightfall
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 19
Uploads: 2
Originally Posted by kittykatmax
I'm having an issue where random buttons on some of my bars don't react to key presses with modifiers. So I'll press shift, the icon changes to reflect that I pressed the modifier key, but when I hit the other key (say, F5), nothing happens. If I just click the button with my mouse, that works, but the point is to not HAVE to click.... The spell RIGHT NEXT TO IT (Shift plus F6) works just fine.

It doesn't work whether I create a macro from scratch, drag a spell to the button, or drag a spell and then edit it (and logging off/on doesn't fix it, either).

Any idea what could be causing this, and is there a fix beyond redoing Ion from scratch?
There might be another button somewhere that has the same shift-key binding. You might want to check in the WoW keybindings that there are no other things set to it and also try setting the button with the Priority flag by right clicking the button when in the ION edit keybind state.
SLOKnightfall is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-14, 10:27 AM  
kittykatmax
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
kittykatmax's Avatar

Forum posts: 16
File comments: 202
Uploads: 0
I'm having an issue where random buttons on some of my bars don't react to key presses with modifiers. So I'll press shift, the icon changes to reflect that I pressed the modifier key, but when I hit the other key (say, F5), nothing happens. If I just click the button with my mouse, that works, but the point is to not HAVE to click.... The spell RIGHT NEXT TO IT (Shift plus F6) works just fine.

It doesn't work whether I create a macro from scratch, drag a spell to the button, or drag a spell and then edit it (and logging off/on doesn't fix it, either).

Any idea what could be causing this, and is there a fix beyond redoing Ion from scratch?
kittykatmax is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 07:54 PM  
Sslith
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 0
moving main spec over to second spec as a template

Anyway to do this if i have dual spec selected... it will automatically set up a new set of empty bars which forces me to go in and redo the whole thing.

Anyway to copy the main one over to the secondary so that I can just edit it from that instead of from empty ?

I know i can unclick dual spec and use macros etc but I would prefer to avoid that and have different binds for it all

thanks
Sslith is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-14, 06:01 AM  
Sslith
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 40
Uploads: 0
Safe to go from hydrogen 7 to 9 ? I dont' want to have to redo my settings.

Lemme know
Sslith is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-14, 06:31 PM  
Invertigo
A Defias Bandit
 
Invertigo's Avatar

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 58
Uploads: 0
Hello. Running into a problem with the new Ion Status Bars. I think it's "Ion-StatusBars_50400_Hydrogen-5". I get this error when changing zones or looking at reputations in the character panel. This ONLY happens on a toon that also uses Pitbull 4.0. I reverted "Ion-StatusBars_Hydrogen-4" and the error went away. Anyway, here it is, care of Bugsack:

Code:
Ion-StatusBars\Ion-StatusBars-Hydrogen-5.lua:332: attempt to index local "colors" (a nil value)
Ion-StatusBars\Ion-StatusBars-Hydrogen-5.lua:332: in function <Ion-StatusBars\Ion-StatusBars.lua:300>
Ion-StatusBars\Ion-StatusBars-Hydrogen-5.lua:2403: in function <Ion-StatusBars\Ion-StatusBars.lua:2297>
Thanks.
__________________
Once you go gnome, you never go home...
Invertigo is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.