Download
(454 Kb)
Download
Updated: 04-08-14 05:30 PM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4)
Escalation (5.3)
Thunder Isle (5.2)
Landfall (5.1)
Mists of Pandaria (5.0.4)
Updated:04-08-14 05:30 PM
Created:unknown
Downloads:396,357
Favorites:983
MD5:
5.4
Ion  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: Hydrogen-9 Beta
by: Maul, anseloth, chinoloco, kouik

Ion!
A macro-based action bar addon. It can stand on its own or supplement any other action bar addon or even the default Blizzard UI.

Buy Maul a Coke!

"Feel the power of the macro side..."
A WoW 5.x Mists of Pandaria addon.

Help Localize Ion!

Still need:

French(frFR) • German(deDE) •
Russian(ruRU)
Latin American Spanish(esMX) • Spanish(esES) • Russian(ruRU) Brazilian Portuguese(ptBR)
Korean(koKR) Simplified Chinese(zhCN) • Traditional Chinese(zhTW)

Official Forum!

/flyout FAQ!

Bug Reports - Report bugs here

Feature Requests - Request features here


Be sure to check out the Optional Ion Addons to give you additional control over UI elements other than buttons using the Ion UI configuration framework.


Features -
  • An unlimited number of macros, create as many bars/buttons as you want/need per character!
  • Are you a keybinder extreme? Use the button storage area for all your macros/keybinds! No buttons on screen needed!
  • Are you a clicker extrodanaire? As many buttons on the screen you want where you want, when you want!
  • Macros the size of Texas! Up to 1024 characters in length!
  • Maul's unique mouseover key-binding system - where the mouseover binding system was born!
  • Many other of the favorite desired bar addon features and then some!
  • Button Facade support!
  • Every button in Macaroon is a macro button by default and in many ways they behave like normal action buttons. Buttons can also be set to be "action" or "pet" buttons.
Commands -
  • Type /ion to display a list of available commands, which are:
menu: Toggle the main menu
storage: Open the button storage area
create: Create a blank bar
delete: Delete the currently selected bar
config: Toggle configuration mode for all bars
add: Adds buttons to the currently selected bar (add or add #)
remove: Removes buttons from the currently selected bar (remove or remove #)
edit: Toggle edit mode for all buttons
bind: Toggle binding mode for all buttons
scale: Scale a bar to the desired size.
snapto: Toggle SnapTo for current bar
autohide: Toggle AutoHide for current bar
shape: Change current bar's shape
name: Change current bar's name
strata: Change current bar's frame strata
alpha: Change current bar's alpha (transparency)
alphaup: Set current bar's conditions to 'alpha up'
arcstart: Set current bar's starting arc location (in degrees)
arclen: Set current bar's arc length (in degrees)
columns: Set the number of columns for the current bar
padh: Set current bar's horizontal padding
padv: Set current bar's vertical padding
padhv: Adjust both horizontal and vertical padding of the current bar incrementally
showgrid: Toggle the current bar's showgrid flag
x: Change current bar's horizontal axis position
y: Change current bar's vertical axis position
state: Toggle states for the current bar (/mac state <state>). Type /mac statelist for vaild states
statelist: Print a list of valid states
load: Load a profile
lock: Lock buttons
Just remember: "With great flexibility comes great configuration..." - Maul
Trinity/Trinity Bars Note:
Ion, a World of Warcraft® user interface addon.
Copyright© 2006-2012 Connor H. Chenoweth, aka Maul


Hydrogen-9 Beta
- Debug spam fix

Hydrogen-8 Beta
- Minor update to fix smaller issues

Hydrogen-7 Beta
- Updated for patch 5.4.1

Hydrogen-6 Beta
- Updated for patch 5.3

Hydrogen-5
- Spell Count bug fix (i.e. Death Knight's Scent of Blood count update)
- Spell Charges fix properly implemented

Hydrogen-4
- Forum version, include most hotfixes appearing on the forum (flyx, Nephyrin, chinoloco,kouik)
- should now display the appropriate tooltip in all cases.
- GetSpellCount replaced by GetSpellCharges (roll charges issues)
- spells with distinct subtypes between specs should be shown as useable in all cases.
- spell cooldowns should update (trash, symbiosis, disconnect/reconnect after a spec change should not show questionmark anymore)
- flyout should show the proper spell

Hydorgen-3

Hydrogen-2 Beta
- Updated for patch 5.1
- Fixed texture issue
- Dual spec toggle should work now
- Fixed extra bar action ID
- Other minor changes
- Sorry folks, that is all :(

Hydrogen-2 Beta
-Now scans profession spells
-Tentatively enabling/disabling of the Blizzard Main Bar should work
-Blizzard ExtraAction button should now only show if the Blizzard Bar is used
-Moved localization to one file

Hydrogen-1 Beta
- beta release for patch 5.0.4
Optional Files (11)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
Type
Hydrogen-6 Beta
12kB
03-31-14 08:50 AM
Addon
Hydrogen-5 Beta
43kB
03-31-14 08:47 AM
Addon
Hydrogen-4 Beta
5kB
10-29-13 01:08 PM
Addon
Hydrogen-4 Beta
5kB
10-29-13 01:07 PM
Addon
40300.1
6kB
11-29-11 09:01 AM
Addon
40300.1
15kB
11-29-11 08:59 AM
Addon
40000.2.0.1
23kB
07-02-11 11:28 PM
Patch
40000.2.0.1
2kB
07-02-11 07:51 PM
Addon
40101
45kB
11-07-10 03:21 PM
Patch
30300.21
13kB
06-13-10 08:55 PM
Patch
30200.1
10kB
08-06-09 09:23 PM
Addon


Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
 Ion
Hydrogen-8 Beta
417kB
Maul
03-31-14 08:51 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 05-21-11, 04:35 AM  
Kou
A Murloc Raider
 
Kou's Avatar

Forum posts: 4
File comments: 19
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by perenor
Anyone else having issues with the text being off when Button Facade went to Masque? The keybind text is above the button and the item count is below.

It seems like that day somehow Button Facade took a dump and I was forced to go to Masque. All the textures I have with Button Facade need both the core BF and Masque mod running to actually use..
I had this problem then I updated to Masque and it was fixed =/... Maybe try uninstalling BF, The packs, Masque, and deletting the variable before reinstalling? -Shrugs- It'll screw your settings to hell, but it might work...

THe problem I am having with this, and I don't know of its Macaroon or Masque, but I have my current style set to "onyx" in masque and whenever I press a button it goes from Onyx to Blizzard style buttons. Before 4.2 I fixed this with a simple disable/enable of masque for the whole of Macaroon but it doesn't seem to be working. I amma check out Masque more.
__________________
~Signed
~Kou
Kou is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-11, 03:40 PM  
crazyivan
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 8
File comments: 80
Uploads: 0
So a problem on the 4.2 ptr. The new buttons on the game menu do not show up.
crazyivan is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-11, 07:42 PM  
MMOGames
A Murloc Raider
 
MMOGames's Avatar

Forum posts: 8
File comments: 158
Uploads: 0
I love Macaroon but maybe we should consider an alternative since Maul is gone for a long time
MMOGames is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-11, 09:07 PM  
Jynks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Forum posts: 133
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
can somone explain to me how this works?

I can make a New Bar,, then what.... I go "edit buttons".... now what?

If i click the empty icon area icon select comes up but clicking on a icon dose nothing.. the name macro dose nothging, click here to edit macrto note dose nothing..... clicking in the text area were you right teh macro dose nothing....

Can somone please tell me how to MAKE a button?
Jynks is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 05-31-11, 01:07 PM  
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Dwargh's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 64
File comments: 660
Uploads: 2
Originally posted by Jynks
can somone explain to me how this works?

I can make a New Bar,, then what.... I go "edit buttons".... now what?

If i click the empty icon area icon select comes up but clicking on a icon dose nothing.. the name macro dose nothging, click here to edit macrto note dose nothing..... clicking in the text area were you right teh macro dose nothing....

Can somone please tell me how to MAKE a button?

First you make a bar, then go to the bar editor and add buttons to the bar.
Then you configure the buttons in the button editor.
Dwargh is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-11, 12:05 AM  
Jynks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Forum posts: 133
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by Dwargh

First you make a bar, then go to the bar editor and add buttons to the bar.
Then you configure the buttons in the button editor.
Yea but HOW...

I make a new Bar, then I hit EDIT BUTTONS... and I get thisa screen


Now thing here seams to do anything... I can not name the macro, I can select a icon for it.. but after i click the icon space and the nclick the icon nothign happens it just stays as blank like in this picture...

I can not type in teh macro text area


So like I asked..

HOW do I in fact make a button / macro?
Jynks is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-11, 02:35 PM  
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Dwargh's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 64
File comments: 660
Uploads: 2
Originally posted by Jynks
Yea but HOW...

I make a new Bar, then I hit EDIT BUTTONS... and I get thisa screen


Now thing here seams to do anything... I can not name the macro, I can select a icon for it.. but after i click the icon space and the nclick the icon nothign happens it just stays as blank like in this picture...

I can not type in teh macro text area


So like I asked..

HOW do I in fact make a button / macro?
Right you add buttons to the bar then edit the buttons (can't see if you've done that allready).
Then you simply click in the macro text box and start scribbling.
Then you choose an icon for your macro.

You can do em in the opposite order.. first select the icon, but it will not show until you've actually written something in the macro text box.

Here's how in video format... though I use a 47" TV as screen so it looks really small probably: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9pnTwxKAM
Dwargh is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-11, 02:43 PM  
anseloth
Coding Archmage
 
anseloth's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 50
File comments: 267
Uploads: 3
Originally posted by Jynks
Yea but HOW...

I make a new Bar, then I hit EDIT BUTTONS... and I get thisa screen


Now thing here seams to do anything... I can not name the macro, I can select a icon for it.. but after i click the icon space and the nclick the icon nothign happens it just stays as blank like in this picture...

I can not type in teh macro text area


So like I asked..

HOW do I in fact make a button / macro?
just a thought, but, i THINK your problem MIGHT be that you are entering 'edit buttons' mode before you have added buttons. (i think you have to be in the bar editor to add buttons.)

then again, i am probably a bit out practice with macaroon, since i haven't been able to run it at all for awhile now.

you see, my gaming desktop computer's primary hard drive is on the fritz, in such a way that the computer will only work if i boot it into safe mode. so, i am stuck using my netbook computer for everything till i can get the hard drive replaced. and, its something of a miracle that my netbook can run WoW at all. so, it handle only a few addons for WoW.
__________________



Last edited by anseloth : 06-02-11 at 02:46 PM.
anseloth is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-11, 02:49 AM  
Jynks
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Forum posts: 133
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by Dwargh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn9pnTwxKAM[/color] [/b]
Ahhhh.... I see... I need to add a button though that right menu thing form the minimnap icon...

See - Macaroon! How to - Make a bar and a macro button @ 28secs

Awesome... As soon as I get a chance I'll have a play with this. Thanks Dwargh especially and anseloth.
Jynks is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-11, 05:26 AM  
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Dwargh's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 64
File comments: 660
Uploads: 2
Originally posted by Jynks
Ahhhh.... I see... I need to add a button though that right menu thing form the minimnap icon...

See - Macaroon! How to - Make a bar and a macro button @ 28secs

Awesome... As soon as I get a chance I'll have a play with this. Thanks Dwargh especially and anseloth.
Well you can do at least most of it with slash commands as well (not edit the macro or choose an icon for it) if you prefer.
But yes you need to have a button to edit before you can edit it.
Dwargh is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-11, 02:52 PM  
Katana994
A Defias Bandit

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 10
Uploads: 0
Options Issues

For some reason I can't find the option to cast spells on down click anymore. I'm aware that it's in the default settings and I have it enabled, but it doesn't seem to affect spells keybound to Macaroon. Any ideas?

Also, I have 2 profiles saved that have a full colon in the name. I didn't know that this would cause a problem since it saved the profile fine (Hunter: Survival and Hunter: Beast Master). Those profiles won't load, delete, or save over those profiles. I'm rather anal and would love a tip on how to remove them to have fewer options to scroll through.

And the third thing that I can recall as of this moment (I have a rather lengthly list of questions, it seems half the settings I enjoyed are gone) is a question about the cooldown timers that used to be built into Macaroon!. I can't seem to find that option either. I loved Macaroon! because it was almost 12 addons in one. It was all from the same person, so there was no clash issue. I had to download OmniCC to monitor my cooldown timers on my Macaroon! bars but it's affecting my X-Perl HOT timer count as well (which I have separate settings and needs for that). If the cooldown timers aren't in Macaroon! right now, is there a plan to put it back in?

Most of my questions that I had were focused on all the options in the main config menu that were removed when Macaroon! was updated for 4.0. I just came back from a 7 month break and haven't had much chance to catch up on all the changes in the game itself. Any help with these problems would be GREATLY appreciated.
Katana994 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-11, 04:53 PM  
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Dwargh's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 64
File comments: 660
Uploads: 2
Re: Options Issues

Originally posted by Katana994
For some reason I can't find the option to cast spells on down click anymore. I'm aware that it's in the default settings and I have it enabled, but it doesn't seem to affect spells keybound to Macaroon. Any ideas?

Also, I have 2 profiles saved that have a full colon in the name. I didn't know that this would cause a problem since it saved the profile fine (Hunter: Survival and Hunter: Beast Master). Those profiles won't load, delete, or save over those profiles. I'm rather anal and would love a tip on how to remove them to have fewer options to scroll through.

And the third thing that I can recall as of this moment (I have a rather lengthly list of questions, it seems half the settings I enjoyed are gone) is a question about the cooldown timers that used to be built into Macaroon!. I can't seem to find that option either. I loved Macaroon! because it was almost 12 addons in one. It was all from the same person, so there was no clash issue. I had to download OmniCC to monitor my cooldown timers on my Macaroon! bars but it's affecting my X-Perl HOT timer count as well (which I have separate settings and needs for that). If the cooldown timers aren't in Macaroon! right now, is there a plan to put it back in?

Most of my questions that I had were focused on all the options in the main config menu that were removed when Macaroon! was updated for 4.0. I just came back from a 7 month break and haven't had much chance to catch up on all the changes in the game itself. Any help with these problems would be GREATLY appreciated.
Let's see now, To remove the profiles which you can't remove in game I believe there is only one option: edit them out in the WTF saved vars.

As for the down clicks and the Macaroon! timers they are all in button editors general tab. The timers are the Aura Watch Text and the Cooldown Text for the numbers.

Don't forget to change the Modify: indicator for your preferred change.
Dwargh is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-03-11, 09:16 PM  
Katana994
A Defias Bandit

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 10
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Options Issues

Originally posted by Dwargh
Let's see now, To remove the profiles which you can't remove in game I believe there is only one option: edit them out in the WTF saved vars.

As for the down clicks and the Macaroon! timers they are all in button editors general tab. The timers are the Aura Watch Text and the Cooldown Text for the numbers.

Don't forget to change the Modify: indicator for your preferred change.
You have no idea how happy you just made me! I didn't think to go into the button editor for the CD text (used to that being only for the macro script, nothing else). I'm used to more of the options being in the open. Macaroon! has so many more options now! Awesome! I can even change the color of out of range indicator. And I found the little option to turn off the annoying keybind and macro text too! SO happy! And a little option to turn off error messages. That takes another addon off my list to load each day. Thanks a LOT for that obvious pointer. heh

Though I had a bit of a problem with the Profile editing, but that was mainly because I didn't realize at first that I had to get an LUA editing program... notepad saves it as a text document. *facepalm* The only thing I can't seem to find though (I have no idea what to look for else it'd be easier) is how to change if the stored keybinds are locked or unlocked. I seem to have somehow gotten 14 of them on one row and it's locked. One button is over the lock option so I can't delete the extra buttons. Do you know what I should be looking for in the LUA text to adjust/unlock that? Today was my first day editing LUA script, so I'm sorry for that newb question. Better to ask than go unaware I hope.

Macaroon! is one of my two crutches for addons. I can't seem to play decent without this or X-Perl. >< All the help is GREATLY appreciated!
Katana994 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-11, 09:59 AM  
Dwargh
A Theradrim Guardian
 
Dwargh's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 64
File comments: 660
Uploads: 2
Re: Re: Re: Options Issues

Originally posted by Katana994
You have no idea how happy you just made me! I didn't think to go into the button editor for the CD text (used to that being only for the macro script, nothing else). I'm used to more of the options being in the open. Macaroon! has so many more options now! Awesome! I can even change the color of out of range indicator. And I found the little option to turn off the annoying keybind and macro text too! SO happy! And a little option to turn off error messages. That takes another addon off my list to load each day. Thanks a LOT for that obvious pointer. heh

Though I had a bit of a problem with the Profile editing, but that was mainly because I didn't realize at first that I had to get an LUA editing program... notepad saves it as a text document. *facepalm* The only thing I can't seem to find though (I have no idea what to look for else it'd be easier) is how to change if the stored keybinds are locked or unlocked. I seem to have somehow gotten 14 of them on one row and it's locked. One button is over the lock option so I can't delete the extra buttons. Do you know what I should be looking for in the LUA text to adjust/unlock that? Today was my first day editing LUA script, so I'm sorry for that newb question. Better to ask than go unaware I hope.

Macaroon! is one of my two crutches for addons. I can't seem to play decent without this or X-Perl. >< All the help is GREATLY appreciated!
Editing the saved vars and any addon should be done cautiously. Using Notepad it will always prefer *.txt but you can make it .lua as well, just have to Save As... I'm using Notepad++ myself. Free to get and got a bunch of beneficial stuff for editing code.

Now, locking a key bind is done with a click on the button. But you knew that. I'd suggest moving the button/bar that's covering the buttons you want to unlock the key bind for.

But if you'd prefer to go edit it out instead that's up to you.
Just that that's much more a bother as the locked binding is per button and the buttons don't have to come in the same order in the Saved Vars as they appear on screen. So you'd have to find the correct buttons in the Saved Vars and then change
Code:
["hotKeyLock"] = true,
to
Code:
["hotKeyLock"] = false,
OFC that could be done with the search and replace function and just turn em all to unlocked.
Dwargh is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-11, 02:15 PM  
Katana994
A Defias Bandit

Forum posts: 2
File comments: 10
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Re: Re: Options Issues

Originally posted by Dwargh
Editing the saved vars and any addon should be done cautiously. Using Notepad it will always prefer *.txt but you can make it .lua as well, just have to Save As... I'm using Notepad++ myself. Free to get and got a bunch of beneficial stuff for editing code.

Now, locking a key bind is done with a click on the button. But you knew that. I'd suggest moving the button/bar that's covering the buttons you want to unlock the key bind for.

But if you'd prefer to go edit it out instead that's up to you.
Just that that's much more a bother as the locked binding is per button and the buttons don't have to come in the same order in the Saved Vars as they appear on screen. So you'd have to find the correct buttons in the Saved Vars and then change
Code:
["hotKeyLock"] = true,
to
Code:
["hotKeyLock"] = false,
OFC that could be done with the search and replace function and just turn em all to unlocked.
"I'd suggest moving the button/bar that's covering the buttons you want to unlock the key bind for." That's why I asked for the tip, I can't move the buttons. It's in the actual stored buttons tab just above the profile option in the interface->addons tab. And by some weird coincidence, I ended up downloading Notepad ++ yesterday to help with the profile edit. It's a lot better than normal Notepad, with the minimize section option. That's bliss right there. I made sure to backup the original LUA file just in case I did screw something up.

I did manage to fix the stored buttons. They were nagging at me since I used that main druid setup to base all my others off of (so they ALL had that problem). I did notice the bit about the buttons not showing up in order, but still managed to fix it. Thanks for giving a place to start with the key lock thing too, I was starting to go cross-eyed while scrolling to try to find a hint in all that text.
Katana994 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.