Ellipsis (indicating omission)
Typography - A mark consisting of three periods, colloquially known as 'dot-dot-dot'.
Ellipsis is an addon that features multi-target DoT and HoT tracking for spells that you cast on other people. It has support for all classes and can additionally be configured to track Cooldowns as well. Access the GUI by typing '/ellipsis' or by going to the WoW Main Menu, then Interface, then the Addons tab and selected Ellipsis from the AddOn list on the left; contained here are a rather large number of options to configure pretty much all aspects of the display (and a few functionality based options as well).
DoT's & HoT's
Ellipsis scans your target and focus for spells you can cast (as well as your pet's target and your group mates targets should you have either); and once found, it makes a timer for it. Timers are seperated onto their respective targets using the GUID identification system to provide full accuracy in determination of what goes where. Ellipsis additionally tracks your pets spells when cast on targets, tracks 'multi-target' spells like AoE's, and if your a shaman provides tracking of totem durations as well. You can also setup notifications (both audio and visual) for when your dots fade or are broken ahead of time.
Ellipsis also features a fairly minimal totem tracking ability. It will track totem durations no matter what happens to them when replaced, or destroyed early and you have a built-in option to ctrl click on a timer to cancel the associated timer as well.
Ellipsis can also create cooldown timers on a single exponentially growing bar for spells, pet abilities and item (including worn equipment) usage. The maximum cooldown duration to track can be set as well as the ability to block certain timers from appearing and the bar itself can be set to show varying sizes of timescale. In regards to its exponential nature, this means that a timer will countdown quicker the nearer it gets to the '0' end of the scale (eg, it will cover the same distance between 0-10 seconds as it will between 11-60 seconds on the base timer display).
There are two 'mods' included with Ellipsis, the main mod itself (folder: Ellipsis) and the congfiguration options (folder: Ellipsis_Options). Only the first is required to use the mod, though you will not be able to change options without the latter; Ellipsis_Options is also Load on Demand and thus won't use up any resources until you begin changing options (which is also why its a seperate folder/addon).
On first install (or a new character/profile), the 'anchors' for both Targets and Prominent Targets (text on a light blue background) will be visible. After you move them to their desired locations, you need to enter the mod options and "Lock" the interface elements to hide these anchors otherwise there will be some overlap with the actual mod targets.
-- 3.0.4 --
- Updated ToC and Libraries for 5.3
-- 3.0.3 --
- Updated ToC for 5.1
-- 3.0.2 --
- Fixed raid marking related bug that caused a LUA error.
-- 3.0.1 --
- Release build for Mists of Pandaria (same as MoP beta build)
-- 2.2.1 --
- Updated TOC for 4.3
- Fixed (long-standing) bug with Cooldown bar showing when not wanted. To hide the bar just disable tracking of all 3 cooldown types, the bar will hide itself once all tracked cooldowns have expired (if any).
-- 2.2.0 --
- Updated TOC for 4.2
-- 2.1.0 --
- Added minimum duration options for auras and cooldowns (set in seconds as opposed to minutes like the maximums)
- Fixed spell cooldown groups showing the wrong icon for Hunter Traps and Shaman Shocks (they were flipped)
- Cleaned up tooltips and made it more clear when mouseover options are disabled by the 'Clickable' option
- Still To Do: For those who are able and willing, the following strings need translating in all available languages other than English (if you have a translation, please PM me it and the language it's in).
L.MinAuraDuration = 'Min Aura Duration'
L.MinAuraDurationDesc = 'Set the minimum duration of auras (in seconds) that will be tracked by Ellipsis.'
L.MaxAuraDurationDesc = 'Set the maximum duration of auras (in minutes) that will be tracked by Ellipsis.\n\nA setting of 0 will disable max duration checking, allowing auras of any duration.'
L.CDMinDuration = 'Min CD Duration'
L.CDMinDurationDesc = 'Set the minimum duration of cooldowns (in seconds) that will be tracked by Ellipsis.\n\nThis setting will not go below 2 dseconds so as to avoid all cooldowns showing up due to the GCD.'
L.CDMaxDurationDesc = 'Set the maximum duration of cooldowns (in minutes) that will be tracked by Ellipsis.\n\nA setting of 0 will disable max duration checking, allowing cooldowns of any duration.'
-- 2.0.3 --
Fixed glitch with mages due to Water Elemental now being permanent or nothing rather than a talented duration buff.
-- 2.0.2 --
- 4.0.3 release.
-- 2.0.1 --
- Class Data changes made. I'm sure I missed some as I haven't been properly following the class changes for 4.0.1 so please let me know if anything errors, isn't tracked or has the wrong timer. Note: this is only for AoE spells and Totems, single targets are all handled via direct interaction with the game so should update properly.
- Howl of Terror: 6 -> 8 seconds
- Shadowflame: 8 -> 6 seconds
- Removed Unholy Blight
- Removed Shadow Fiend
- Removed Flare
- Added Ice Trap
- Blast Wave: 6 -> 3 seconds
- Removed Water Elemental
- Added Time Warp
- Thunderclap set to 30sec duration
- Removed Cleansing Totem
- Removed Fire Nova Totem
- Removed All 4 Resistance Totems
- Removed Sentry Totem (awr, I liked this one)
- Removed Totem of Wrath
- Searing Totem set to 60sec duration
- Tremor Totem: 120 -> 300 seconds
- Added Elemental Resistance Totem
- Added Tranquil Mind Totem
- Consecration: 8 -> 10 seconds
Once again, i'm sure i've missed some (probably newly added abilities), so please let me know if any problems occur.
-- 2.0.0 --
- Base update for compatibility with 4.0.1. No in-depth testing done due to lack of available time though most things should work. Things that are likely to be broken will apply to new/changed spells that had special requirements (such as some AoE's and shaman totems). Please let me know of any issues with these.
-- 1.5 --
- ToC Update
-- 1.4 --
- Fixed bug with detecting cooldown of Holy Shock & Penance (thanks Jzar)
- Fixed bug with Searing Totem duration detection (I swear there weren't 10 ranks last time I played!)
- Updated internal Libs to most recent versions
-- 1.3a --
- Corrected some missing translations in the zhTW Options locale.
-- 1.3 --
- Actually removed the Poison Cleansing Totem entry instead of just claming to.
-- 1.2 --
- Made the following changes to ClassData (internal spell ID references):
- - Divine Hymn: changed ID
- - Disease Cleansing Totem: replaced by Cleansing Totem
- - Poison Cleansing Totem: removed
- - Polymorph: added serpent, cat, rabbit and turkey
-- 1.1 --
- Made compatible with 3.1 LUA changes.
-- 1.0 --
- Full release.
-- 0.78 RC2 --
- Updated totem durations to new values.
- Added Feral Spirit to 'aoe' timer tracking.
-- 0.77 RC1 --
- Missing translations fixed.
- You can now add 'Do Not Track' entries by drag-n-drop on spell and item icons and all non-needed information should be stripped to ensure the setting works correctly
- You can now Ctrl+Right-Click on totem timers to destroy that particular totem.
- Shifted check for mage talents in regards to water elemental. Talent data was loading 'after' my check initially. Mages should get an accurate timers for water elemental now if they have the appropriate talents.
-- 0.76 --
- I'm an idiot and left debugging code in the WOTLK version, its gone now.
-- 0.75 --
- Will now track timers on target dummies.
- Cooldowns will now be announced to raid when in a raid group, and not party
- Rewrote notification system to handle locales better.
- Translations added for German (by Eltorrato@Kil'jaeden) and French (by Markam@Chants éternels).
-- 0.74 --
- Changed a Blizzard function call after its name was changed in a recent build to allow options to work properly again via /ellipsis
Note: The next version will most likely be 0.75 for both WOTLK and LIVE when required, as 0.74 is a WOTLK-only update.
-- 0.73 --
- Rewrote totem destruction handling to use a new event-based system (via an event I never previously knew existed), totems timers should now properly update when destroyed whether its manually, via Totemic Call or by going out of range.
Important: Needs testing on WOTLK servers as i'm unable to do it myself (no Shaman :<)
-- 0.72 --
- Added the option to colour target identifiers based on the class of the target.
- Cleared player, pet and aoe timers appropriately on death.
- Default location for the Prominent Targets anchor shifted slightly so it does not overlap the Targets anchor.
- Fixed an error that was causing announcements to goto party chat instead of raid chat when in a raid.
-- 0.71 --
- If you cast a totem of one type while another totem of the same type is active, the timer should be destroyed as appropriate.
- AoE list updated for WOTLK version undoing a mistake made when 0.70 went live that prevented tracking of all 'wotlk only' aoe and unique spells.
-- 0.70 --
- Prominence: You can now make No Target (AoE), Player and Pet timers promienent, that is, attach them to a seperate anchor from the rest of your aura targets.
- Cooldown Offsets: You can now offset cooldown timers (icons) from the main bar, either with or without a 'tag' linking them back to their position on the bar.
- Transparency: You can now make certain gui elements transparent via their colour pickers, these include most of the cooldown bar elements and the background for aura timers.
- Pet Tracking: You can now track buffs you cast on your pet (used to be a package deal with player tracking).
- Profiles: Profiling options for settings have been included, if you are updating from a version of Ellipsis prior to 0.7, then the default profile for everyone is "Default", for new users, an individual profile will be generated for each player. In either case, you will need to change settings if you wish the alternative behaviour.
- LibSink: Ellipsis now uses LibSink for visual notification output for expired and broken timers, this includes options to output to all main Blizzard locations (raid warning, error frame, chat etc) as well as Channel, SCT and MikSBT options.
- Redone the options panel to be more informative and to better group option categories.
- Aura scanning re-written to more accurately track the status of player, pet, target, and focus timers. Please give this extra attention when testing.
- Aura Target Layout re-written to fix a few glitches and to improve performance, please give this extra attention (mainly the Configure Target Display and Max Targets options, please try as many combinations as you are willing).
- Fixed many other glitches and errors (hopefully all now, but I doubt it :p)
- When using offset tags for cooldown timers, the tag will bulge slightly while in motion, this is an artifact of how WoW renders the textures and there is no fix I know of for the time being. It is less prominent the further a timer moves, so the larger your bar and the shorter the timescale, the less pronounced it will be.
-- 0.68 --
- Fixed bug in Secondary Scanning which was causing lua errors (and for it not to work).
- Fixed a few spelling errors in the options.
-- 0.67 --
- Added the option to show raid icons on timer targets (needs additional testing that it accurately updates timers when icons change mid-combat)
- Fixed a few bugs introduced by the 'show stack in text' option.
- Moved cooldown icons 'behind' the timescale text to allow for reading the times.
- Fixed config updates to recognise the 'trackPlayers' setting properly.
-- 0.66 --
- Fixed a glitch where stacks weren't showing up properly for stackable spells (eg, Lifebloom)
- Hopefully fixed a glitch with cooldowns for some spells not showing up.
- Added an option to display spell stacks as part of the name display on the timer (this option will result in no stack being shown if your using icon mode as it has no spell text).
- Fixed a glitch where the secondary scan was picking up debuffs regardless of your options.
NOTE: For additional testing of the cooldowns on spells, added a debug option which will give you internal feedback about what the mod is up to. To activate it, type "/run Ellipsis.db.profile.debug = true" (without quotes) and to disable, the same but substitute 'true' for 'false'. If your not getting spell cooldowns showing up, please enable this and see if a) the spell missing is listed as being tracked and b) that its picked up when a cooldown event happens (obviously one of the above is failing).
-- 0.65 --
- Fixed a small glitch which was preventing some timers showing up.
-- 0.64 --
- There are now two versions of the mod, one for LIVE servers and the other for the WOTLK beta, please download the appropriate one for your game installation.
- Cooldown functionality now implemented.
- Can toggle ability to track auras (buffs) on player.
- Moved the 'lock' button for gui movement to a more prominant place.
- Numerous other tweaks and fixes.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com