Prat is a chat addon framework, and collection. It consists of 30+ modules which each add some functionality to the WoW chat interface. There is literally a module for just about everything chat related. While large in size, i have been working to keep the runtime memory usage down, and eliminate the costs of the unused modules without littering the addon directory with a slew of folders.
For the options menu, type "/prat", or if you have a broker host mod installed you will get a launcher icon.
You control the load behavior of modules via the module control screen. You have 3 choices "Don't load", "Disabled", and "Enabled"
You can report any bugs you find here:
Prat has just about every feature you can think of, and then some. Really. When I get some more time, I'll try and put together a full list (Even I have lost count)
(Thanks to Dreamsight for this partial list)
* Change arrows, buttons, mouse scroll for chat scroll, scroll speed
* you can add color per channel, color per lvl, color per class
* timestamp color
* whether to show timestamp (what format the timestamp should be in)
* whether to show players lvl
* you can select the option for channel "stickys" (last channel you used you auto use when hitting enter, that sort of thing – or last thing someone said)
* change the looks of the chat's editbox - as well as where it appears (you can even undock it and move it to where you'd like it to be)
* chat fading, fading delay
* You can change the font to a list of fonts, add an outline to it, monochrome it (if you don’t mind messing with files a bit you could prolly even add other fonts to that list)
* change the chat frame/chat box appearance
* set Chat history
* set channel abbreviations
* set brackets and color(or something instead of brackets)round player/lvl
* alt invite option (press keyboard “alt” button and click on the player’s name to auto inv them)
* raid icon
* invite links
* info keeping
* url copying
* full chat copying + options (html,bbcode, plain, forum) + copy button
* allows pop-up msgs
* enables tell target /tt
* Alias options
* altnames options
* you can enable/disable all prat modules - dont have to have the ones you dont use running
* change chat sounds (incoming and outgoing as well as per channel
For those interested:
There is an additional folder Prat-3.0_HighCPUUsageModules.
Note: These features use CPU, so they have been placed in a special folder so that is 100% clear.
3.4 - Live and Beta compatibility
3.3.7 - Various server name related fixes/enhancements, e.g tab-completion (in bg's for example)
3.3.6 - Fixes issue where you were unable to change the sound for the new GROUP_LEAD type
3.3.5 - Adds GROUP_LEAD as an option in the sounds module.
3.3.4 - Prat now comes with a selection of "chat-friendly" fonts. So you don't have to worry about downloading a separate font collection which may only have 2-3 fonts which are usable for chat. Prat includes 9 chat friendly fonts in addition to the fonts Blizzard provides.
3.1.0 - updated chat filter code to work on live and ptr
-- Change logs are included in each zip --
Addition fixes, and other fun stuff
Changed the way the addon is packaged. Pulled out the high cpu module for you.
Added global name coloring, There is no option for it at present, it gets enabled when you use the HighCPU use pullout.
Other minor tweaks and fixes. Please continue to report any issues you may encounter.
Ace3 is included in the zip - it should fix issues with the config not opening on beta. I haven't tested on live.
I added a simple button module, it was hastily added, because I have been so busy playing on beta.
Fixed the copy bug which would hang the client for a few seconds then give an error.
Added ability to set the incoming and outgoing whisper colors independently via the blizz ui. currently this is part of the experimental module
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com