Download
(3 Kb)
Download
Updated: 01-23-09 01:45 PM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:01-23-09 01:45 PM
Created:unknown
Downloads:10,655
Favorites:124
MD5:
PetList+  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 0.4.1
by: Syzgyn [More]
I disliked how the new Companion and Mount frames displayed the list of companions, so I created this mod to make it easier to go through the list, especially if you have large numbers of Critters or Mounts to page through.

It gives the Companion Frame a new layout, leading to better ease of use. It is also very tiny, coming in at a miniscule 16KiB.

Additionally I've added a button to summon a random non-combat pet. You can click it in the interface, or use a macro with the text:
/click PetListClickRandom
0.4.1
- Added total mounts/pets text next to the close button.
0.4
- Fixed display issues for people with actual pets. Buncha whiners.
0.3
- Added tooltips
- Added random pet button
0.2
- Fixed bug with dragging spells.
0.1
- Initial Commit
Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
0.4
3kB
Syzgyn
10-17-08 08:02 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 09-29-08, 04:23 PM  
Vampyrate
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 18
File comments: 65
Uploads: 3
Screenshot

Definitely would like to see a screenie of the new frame.
Vampyrate is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 09-29-08, 05:27 PM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
Re: Screenshot

Originally posted by Vampyrate
Definitely would like to see a screenie of the new frame.
I wasn't able to add a picture till it had been approved. There's one now.
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-08, 02:56 PM  
Chaotix
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 21
Uploads: 0
Love it, just one minor issue thats come up with pet classes.

For the actual pet display(e.g-hunter pet/lock pets) the small pet frame kinda meshes with it(as in you see the pet model but behind it you can also see all the mini models). The small pet/mount tabs remain ok though

I can provide a screenshot of the problem if you'd like.
Chaotix is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-08, 12:23 AM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
Re: Display Bug

Good call, fixed in the latest version.

Originally posted by Chaotix
Love it, just one minor issue thats come up with pet classes.

For the actual pet display(e.g-hunter pet/lock pets) the small pet frame kinda meshes with it(as in you see the pet model but behind it you can also see all the mini models). The small pet/mount tabs remain ok though

I can provide a screenshot of the problem if you'd like.
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-08, 07:29 PM  
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
IceShadow's Avatar

Forum posts: 15
File comments: 93
Uploads: 0
I like this a lot, thanks for the addon.

Would it be possible to add a feature to adjust the graphic window size though? Oh and also the angle of the graphic to the side a little bit like default UI has?

Thanks!
Last edited by IceShadow : 10-19-08 at 07:31 PM.
IceShadow is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-08, 04:43 AM  
xConStruct
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
xConStruct's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 199
File comments: 376
Uploads: 20
Wow, great thing!
Just thought about making a scrollable pet list as well and started scripting yesterday - then I noticed your addon!
Seems like I can stop scripting now
__________________
Website | GitHub

Oh hai!
xConStruct is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-08, 09:33 AM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
You mean the 3D model? It's totally controllable with the mouse. You can rotate, drag, and zoom it in and out. Having a variable size for it is beyond the scope of this addon though.
Originally posted by IceShadow
I like this a lot, thanks for the addon.

Would it be possible to add a feature to adjust the graphic window size though? Oh and also the angle of the graphic to the side a little bit like default UI has?

Thanks!
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-08, 12:39 PM  
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
IceShadow's Avatar

Forum posts: 15
File comments: 93
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by Syzgyn
You mean the 3D model? It's totally controllable with the mouse. You can rotate, drag, and zoom it in and out. Having a variable size for it is beyond the scope of this addon though.
Nah I mean the box size, so it can be a little bigger so the big mounts, like bear arn't clipping out of it so much. Also meant a way to save the facing of the model at a certain direction, or maybe have it set to default at an angle instead of facing the person all the time.

\ instead of | <-- model
Last edited by IceShadow : 10-21-08 at 12:40 PM.
IceShadow is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-08, 12:52 PM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
Like I said, you can maneuver the model however you'd like with the mouse. I'll add some code so the position is saved for all the models, and through logout.
Originally posted by IceShadow
Nah I mean the box size, so it can be a little bigger so the big mounts, like bear arn't clipping out of it so much. Also meant a way to save the facing of the model at a certain direction, or maybe have it set to default at an angle instead of facing the person all the time.

\ instead of | <-- model
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-08, 08:48 PM  
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
IceShadow's Avatar

Forum posts: 15
File comments: 93
Uploads: 0
Mind if I make a request that may or may not be possible?

Would it be possible to have some way to inspect other peoples pets/mounts, to compare them somehow.. if they also have the addon? It would be kind of cool to see which pets I am missing from my friends and which they are missing that I have. Doesn't really need to show 3d model even.

Possible?
IceShadow is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-08, 01:13 AM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
Possible, yes. Feasable, not really. And way beyond the scope of this addon.
Originally posted by IceShadow
Mind if I make a request that may or may not be possible?

Would it be possible to have some way to inspect other peoples pets/mounts, to compare them somehow.. if they also have the addon? It would be kind of cool to see which pets I am missing from my friends and which they are missing that I have. Doesn't really need to show 3d model even.

Possible?
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-08, 03:55 PM  
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
IceShadow's Avatar

Forum posts: 15
File comments: 93
Uploads: 0
I felt like I was annoying you for awhile there. So I'll try again.

Think you could add a couple of buttons near the random pet button? One to remember the last pet you summoned, and to summon it, "Last Pet". The other button to dismiss pet, since if you want to dismiss the pet you have to scroll through the list to find it then click it again, which isn't so bad but it would be easier with a "Dismiss Pet" button.

Hope it's not annoying to ask, love the addon and appreciate it very much.
IceShadow is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-09-08, 06:04 PM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
Originally posted by IceShadow
I felt like I was annoying you for awhile there. So I'll try again.

Think you could add a couple of buttons near the random pet button? One to remember the last pet you summoned, and to summon it, "Last Pet". The other button to dismiss pet, since if you want to dismiss the pet you have to scroll through the list to find it then click it again, which isn't so bad but it would be easier with a "Dismiss Pet" button.

Hope it's not annoying to ask, love the addon and appreciate it very much.
I wasn't annoyed don't worry

I'm pretty much done with this addon though. Adding more features I wont use isn't my idea of keeping something small and sleek. Here's some code you can use in macros or your own addon for the features you want though.

Dismiss Pet:
Code:
DismissCompanion("critter")
Last Pet / Currently selected pet:
Code:
CallCompanion("critter", PetListPlus.selected.CRITTER)
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-10-08, 04:46 PM  
IceShadow
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
 
IceShadow's Avatar

Forum posts: 15
File comments: 93
Uploads: 0
Dismiss Pet:

Code:
DismissCompanion("critter")
Last Pet / Currently selected pet:

Code:
CallCompanion("critter", PetListPlus.selected.CRITTER)
This is great, I made myself some buttons. Do you mind giving me some help trying to figure out how to save the selected pet through session per char? That way it will really remember the last pet selected . Sorry, I'm not good with lua stuff. Really slow with it.
IceShadow is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-08, 11:01 AM  
Syzgyn
An Aku'mai Servant
 
Syzgyn's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 37
File comments: 75
Uploads: 6
Originally posted by IceShadow
This is great, I made myself some buttons. Do you mind giving me some help trying to figure out how to save the selected pet through session per char? That way it will really remember the last pet selected . Sorry, I'm not good with lua stuff. Really slow with it.
Take a look at wowwiki's tutorial on saved variables for how to save data per session. You'll wanna save PetListPlus.selected.CRITTER whenever you pull a pet out.
Syzgyn is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: