If you have any questions or feature requests, please read the FAQ at the bottom of this page first.
Most likely coming soon: Boss Frames
oUF_Nivaya is a unitframe addon with low memory and cpu usage. It is based on oUF by Haste, but still it offers the possibility to configure a large variety of settings ingame to adapt functionality and appearance.
So in order to use it you need the oUF core! If there happen to be any bugs or errors, feel free to report them here. However, before reporting bugs make sure you definitly have the latest release of both this layout and oUF!
This Layout comes with an ingame configuration dialog, which is included as load-on-demand module accessible via "/ouf". You can change settings like frame positions and sizes, portrait settings, use of custom textures and fonts (using SharedMedia), buff / debuff position and size and alot more. Also you can toggle all my custom features and adjust settings concerning the Healer Mode.
Positioning: "Unlocking" the frames enables you to freely move the Player Frame, the Party Frame and the Raid Frames via mouse dragging. All other units stay anchored to those, however all the relative positions can be changed in the options too. By default, the target frame is automatically positioned symmetrically to the player frame as you move it. You can unlock the frames in the settings dialog or by typing "/ouf lock" or "/ouf unlock" (they both toggle).
Of course, if you don't change any source codes, you can update the layout without losing your own settings. More over this, it doesn't use significantly more memory or cpu time than other oUF layouts (currently it's about 90kb, excluding the config module).
Player, Target and Pet
Target of Target and Focus
Target of Target of Target and Focus Target (both optional)
Party and Raid (also optional, both "Grid"-like, party including player, raid up to 40 players)
The "Healer Mode"
There are two different modes for Party-/Raidframes display. The first is a very minimalistic "grid-like" setup, containing no numbers at all. The second one has slightly larger frames and contains more information like health and deficit values. This one is supposed to be used by healers, but of course you can choose the one you prefer. Both setups are shown in the screenshots.
Also, in case you want to use both setups with different characters, I have included an option that makes the layout automatically pick the healer mode based on your character class. You can adjust this behaviour in the configuration dialog ("/ouf"). More over this, the layout is able to remember different positions and raidframe settings for both modes.
Castbar support for player, target, target of target and focus (can be disabled)
Built-in aggro coloring
Built-in heal prediction
Fancy debuff highlighting (A debuff filter is enabled by default, so you will only see highlighting for debuffs you can cure).
Options to automatically color health- and/or manabars by class or mobtype.
Adjustable colors, textures, fonts, positions and sizes for most frames and elements.
Supported oUF Modules
oUF_GCD (Make sure to set a reference spell as described here, otherwise it won't work. I can't do that for you since those spell names are localized.)
Here I'll answer all those questions which become a little bit annoying when I have to answer them a gazillion times in the comments.
Q: "I want my raid groups to grow from left to right instead of right to left / from top to bottom instead of bottom to top."
A: Open the config module and go to the raidframes page. There you'll find an option called "Spacing between raidgroups". For this value, positive values make the raidgroups grow from left to right (bottom to top), negative values make them grow from right to left (top to bottom).
Q: "I have a SharedMedia Addon with additional fonts/textures/whatever and I can't pick them from your config or they are not saved on relog/reloadui."
A: The problem here is, that these addons must be loaded before the layout, or else their stuff won't be recognized. This is usually achieved by adding the addon in question to the OptionalDeps in the .toc files of the layout and its config module. You can do that yourself or if you want it to be permanently added, tell me.
Q: "I'd like to edit the text tags on my unit frames (health, mana, etc)."
A: Currently you cannot change them ingame, but there are tag functions for HP, power, names, levels, classification and status information. You can find them in "tags.lua".
Q: "Can you add buff/debuff/hot/dot indicators to the raidframes?"
A: Very unlikely.
Q: "Can you add [insert random big feature]? I miss it from Pitbull/Grid."
A: My layout is not meant to be a replacement for Pitbull or Grid. It is meant to be lightweight without denying you the possibility to adjust the basic appearance and functionality. I am currently very satisfied with the features and I probably won't add more biggies. However, as long as I play WoW, I will keep it updated and working. Of course, you may always ask for easy-to-add improvements. But I really don't have much time currently, so you should prepare to wait a little bit before it will be done.
Credits go to Seiyu and his layout "oUF_Pazrael", since I used that as a template for my layout and learned alot about LUA by improving it further and further.
- replaced role icons with role indicators in the form of little dots in the upper left corner for each group unit frame
- role assignment indicators are now also visible in raidgroups
- added option to hide health text / health deficit text in healer mode.
- fixed color update bug in config module
- player frame position (and all derived frame positions) are now saved separately for healer mode and normal mode.
- cast bar position is now saved separately for healer mode and normal mode.
- bug fix release for MoP 5.3.
- updated to work with oUF 1.6.5.
- disabled alternative ressource displays (soul shards, holy power, runes, totem bar), because getting them to work again takes more time. use other addons for that instead.
- Added support for oUF_Swing (anchored to player castbar).
- Fixed unit names not updating correctly in raids and battlegrounds (requires oUF 1.5.5+).
- Fixed config error on updating unit name positions.
- Fixed dungeon role icon postions (didn't differentiate between healermode and non-healermode).
- Added an option to display all debuffs, not only your own.
- Fixed classification tag.
- Removed support for oUF_RuneBar and replaced it with the rune bars from oUF.
- New position for rune bars and totem bars, similar to HolyPower and SoulShards.
- Added option to change the position of rune bars and totem bars (positions tab).
- Added .frequentUpdates to health tags (global) and power tags (player only).
- Updated CanDispel table to reflect changes made in WoW 4.0.
- LFDrole icons positions now correctly complies with the vertical groups setting.
- Fixed LFDrole icons not correctly updating.
- Clicking on the LDB icon will open the config again.
- More tag conversions (names, levels, classification).
- Fixed a bug causing an error message when changing textures.
- Fixed clicks going into void on party/raidframes.
- First go on tags (HP/power/status of all units).
- Blizzards Raidframes will be completely hidden now (including the manager).
- Improved position and size of SoulShards and HolyPower.
- Added option to change the position of SoulShards and HolyPower (positions tab).
- Fixed errors with oUF_Experience and oUF_Reputation.
- Added mouseover show/hide for oUF_Experience and oUF_Reputation (again).
- Fixed bug that prevented all frames from showing up with oUF 1.5.1+.
- No more packaged oUF. Get the release version!
- Only works with WoW 4.0.1+!
- Included oUF 1.5 beta in the .zip until it will be released.
- Added option to change maximum heal prediction overflow.
- Added option to limit maximum number of visible raid groups.
- Added HolyPower display (Paladin).
- Added SoulShards display (Warlock).
- Added support for the new HealPrediction element in oUF.
- Added option to toggle HealPrediction.
- Removed oUF_HealComm4 support (done by HealPrediction).
- Added option to display combo points as text value.
- Fixed TotemBar position (Shaman).
- Fixed RuneBar position (Deathknight).
- Fixed Castbar display problems for ToT and focus frames.