StableBoy is designed to be a one-stop mount addon. It allows you to, with a single action (key bind, macro, whatever your preference), randomly select & summon among your best possible mounts or dismount you if you are already mounted.
Further, it provides a method to forcibly summon your ground mount (randomly amont your best ground mounts), even if you're in a flyable area.
- Key Binds: "Summon Best Mount" and "Summon Best Ground Mount", in your key binds UI.
- StableBoyClickFrame: A button that can be acessed via the /click macro command. "/click StableBoyClickFrame". Hold SHIFT to force it to use your ground mount.
- Data Broker Plugin: left-click to summon your best mount, shift-left-click to summon your best ground mount, and right-click to open a menu to mount a specific mount.
StableBoy provides a means to filter which mounts are used in its random selection. The UI for this is accessible via the Interface Options panel, or via slash commands:
/stableboy ground -- takes you directly to the "Ground Mounts" panel
/stableboy flying -- takes you directly to the "Flying Mounts" panel
/stableboy mount -- use one of your "best" mounts
/stableboy mountGround -- use one of your ground mounts.
/stableboy refresh -- Re-parses your mounts. Use this if you experience a caching issue where your mounts don't parse properly on login.
You must click "Okay" or "Apply" before navigating away from a panel for any changes to have an effect. StableBoy will only choose among the mounts you have checked.
- IMPORTANT: Following any client patch, you should manually refresh your mount list using either the button in the interface options panel or the command: '/stableboy refresh'. After client patches, the client cache is cleared and StableBoy cannot properly parse mounts upon login. You will only need to do this once per character after a patch.
- Mounts that function as flying mounts in flyable areas (outland) and ground mounts in non-flyable areas (azeroth) are added SEPARATELY to both mount lists. You may enable/disable these mounts separately in each list.
- StableBoy properly recognizes the Arena Netherdrakes and several Achievement Reward Proto-Drakes as being 310% speed, and will prefer those above the standard 280% epic mounts. This is by design, and intentional.
- StableBoy should handle Northrend & Dalaran and wintergrasp with no issues, if you find any issues where stableboy does not use the correct mount type, let me know. Please include where you were, what level, and what level you had cold whether flying.
- Added Celestial Steed special handling (Thanks to Morohtar on WowInterface for
the line of code to use).
- Add an option "Merge flying mounts", when checked, this will combine your 310% mounts into your 280% mounts.
- Fix a bug where several options methods were looking for settings that no longer existed
- Actually update the ToC
- Updated for 3.2
- Updated the IsFlyableArea method for changes to 3.2, most of the processing it used to do is handled correctly in game, but it now handles WG properly.
- Add an override for the Violet Proto drake, as its actually 310%
- Add a button to the interface options panel to let you refresh the mount list, use this after a patch to properly reparse your mounts.
- Hopefully fix a bug with initialization of SVs
- Pass the correct parameters to LibDataBroker when creating the LDB object.
- Add a tweak for 'The Violet Citadel' subzone of dalaran. Apparently the balcony outside The Purple Parlor is part of this subzone AND is actually flyable. I'd say blizzard would drive me to drink, but I do already...
- Added toggleable options for each of the subzone tweaks. You can now turn each subzone tweak on or off in the options window.
- Use returns from GetMapContinents() for retrieving the name of Northrend an Outland, so we no longer need to make those localized.
- Remove bindings.xml from TOC, because apprently it's not supposed to be there.
- Add support for 'The Underbelly' subzone of Dalaran. NOTE: This is semi-inaccurate. Like Krasus' Landing, there are parts of "The Underbelly" that are flyable, and parts that are not. Because those parts are (typically) areas you're passing through between other sub-zones, I'll err on the side of calling it flyable.
- Don't try and parse/use AQ-only mounts. If you're in AQ and want to use one of these, you'll have to do it manually.
- Updated koKR locale, thanks to DroArc
- Add tooltips when hovering over a checkbox in the options.
- Fairly significant change in the SV setup. This version WILL wipe out your previous SVs and reset your settings to the defaults (every mount enabled). Sorry for the inconvenience, but this change allowed..
- Added support for Headless Horseman's mount (hopefully). The infrastructure changes should support future flight-capable mounts that are usable as ground mounts in non-flying areas.
- Added support for the two "dynamic speed" mounts ('Big Blizzard Bear' and 'Winged Steed of the Ebon Blade') whose speeds adjust to your riding skill. These mounts should properly show up now.
- Implemented functions for the "Cancel" and "Defaults" buttons in the Options UI. "Defaults" will reset your selections to the defaults, which is -EVERYTHING ENABLED-. Don't say I didn't warn you.
- Hopefully sqashed a bunch of bugs causing the Options UI to not update the status of checkboxes properly, and cause the selection to not affect the mounts used for random summoning. FauxScrollFrames can suck it.
- Fix a bug that would cause the Options UI to not update properly after learning a mount.
- Fix some typos/bugs with naming and parenting of the Flying Mount scroll frame.
- Fix a bug with the sizing of the Flying Mount Scroll frame.
- The Options panels now use a scrolling frame to display the mount checkboxes, showing a maximum of 15 checkboxes at once. This should avoid ugliness if you have a lot of mounts.
- Added the ability to filter which mounts are used for random selection. (Yes. I lied when I said I had no plans to do this. Sue me.)
- Added a UI in the Interface Options to select which mounts to use in the random selection. Note: This only allows you to select among your "best" mounts.
- Added slash commands to access the Interface Options panels: /stableboy, /stableboy ground, or /stableboy flying
- Significant internal code reorganization to hopefully make things more efficiant, easier to read, and easier to maintain.
- Abstracted displayed strings for easier localization.
- Added support for Wintergrasp as a non-flyable area, thanks to DroArc
- Added koKR localization, thanks to DroArc