Alterac Valley - Node timers, auto quest turnins, and sync
Arathi Basin - Node timers and final score estimation
Eye of the Storm - Flag respawn timer, flag carrier display, and final score estimation
Isle of Conquest - Node timers and siege engine timer
Warsong Gulch - Flag respawn timer and flag carrier display with health percent
Wintergrasp - Start timer, wall alerts, and auto show zone map
Zone Map - Change scale, narrow, and hide border
Other - Port expiration timers, queue wait timers, scoreboard/capture bar/vehicle seat repositioning
Looking For Group - LFGStatusIcon support for LFD wait/port timers
How to use:
Show options - "/capping" or right-click on a timer bar/anchor
Toggle anchor - left-click on a timer bar or use options menu
Send time info to SAY - shift left-click on that timer bar
Send time info to BG - ctrl left-click on that timer bar
Hide timer bar (also leaves queue if related) - ctrl, shift, or alt right-click on that timer bar
Target carrier (in WSG or EotS) - left-click on the carrier's display
Send carrier info to BG - ctrl left-click on the carrier's display
Why no auto-release and auto-join?:
I try not to promote bad habits in my mods.
No auto-release because knowing when you should or should not release is a part of being a smart player in battlegrounds. For example, say there is five seconds left to capture blacksmith and you die there. Auto-release will send you to the starting area, but if you wait five seconds, you release to blacksmith graveyard.
Another reason not to use auto-release is to have time to spy on the flag carrier after a failed kill attempt.
Auto-join was useful when there were single queues and long wait time/afk time. Today is different, of course.
I'm not telling you how to play, just giving you my reasons.
Why no convenient "Incoming" and such buttons?:
The users and I had a discussion about this before when Capping was on wowace. If spoiled, the users would not type something important if there's no lazy way to do it. Am I right?.
Messages probably no mod covers:
Incoming? Well, how many? From which direction?
Incoming BS. Oh wait, they're going LM now.
Incoming BS, but we're all here already. I mean fight at the flag, they're capping.
Need help at MT...3 enemies behind
Incoming DR...3 stealth
Flag carrier going ramp side, almost dead
Flag carrier on the way up the roof, behind tree
...and so on
Don't you love seeing "INCOMING BS" "INCOMING BS" "INCOMING BS" with 2 enemies incoming and 5 people already defending? After about 5 more come to help chase these 2 kills, you get spammed "BS CLEAR".
Plenty of standalone mods that do this, so use those if needed.
Narrow map setting will not work if Mapster is installed. Disabling the battlemap module in Mapster will fix this.
5.2.001 03/10/2013 - updated for 5.2
5.1.002 12/10/2012 - really updated for 5.1
5.1.001 12/08/2012 - updated for 5.1
5.0.001 09/04/2012 - updated for 5.0.4
4.3.002 12/21/2011 - fixed max world pvp queues
- update for 4.3
- added option to totally disable Capping's interactions with zone map (requires reloadui)
- added colors to some world pvp's timer bar to indicate who has control (only works if in the same "world")
- update for 4.2
- added options to enable/disable Capping's and/or Blizzard's start timers
4.1.001 04/26/2011 - update for 4.1
4.0.005 02/10/2011 - added options to disable world battlegrounds individually
4.0.004 12/23/2010 - added quick support for Twin Peaks and Battle of Gilneas thanks to users' help
- hopefully fixed AV auto quest turn-ins (untested)
- removed code that readjusts narrowed map position
- clean up drop down menus
- more 4.0 compat stuff
- fix class coloring on target names
4.0.001 10/15/2010 - 4.0 compat, no new features added yet
- added special alerts to Wintergrasp timer
- sync to DBM for IoC Siege Engine timer
- added Wintergrasp alerts for walls being damaged or destroyed
- fix current icon mapping issues
- no longer check siege engine's buff time in Isle of Conquest
- toc for 3.3
- added option to change spark color
- added option to save settings per character
- added option to reset zone map position
- added option to reset all settings
- fix errors on zone map load on clean variables
- fix potential error with node detection
- update queue timers to support new 3.2.2 changes
- fixed mouseover highlighting for carrier targets
- clean up many unused variables
- organized code between files
- optimized node conflict detection code
- multiplier for Wintergrasp timer seems to be no longer necessary
- added a new layout for timer bars
- added ConfigMode support
- replaced event message parsing with POI landmark scanning
- removed all unnecessary node localization due to new method
- Siege Engine timer can now be retrieved by targeting it
- use map filename instead of zone name for detecting battlegrounds
- added timer to WSG when three minutes remain
- updated frFR and deDE localization, everyone else is outta luck
- minor tweaks and removed 3.2 compat checks
- many random localization changes, don't know anything got messed up
- would be nice to get some localization updates before 3.2
- sync is now auto-requested, but syncing is no longer broad casted
- attempt to sync WSG carrier names
- attempt to sync IoC siege engine timer
3.1.004 (Beta) 07/10/2009:
- beta support for 3.2 and Isle of Conquest (needs localization)
- merged all the battleground files into one
- cleaned up Wintergrasp code
- use more global strings instead of translations
- added option to make the timer bars non-interactive
- nil out global reference to CappingLocale
- the timer text is no longer a font size smaller and hour format changed
3.1.002 05/08/2009 - fix SetTexCoord error
- updated for 3.1
- now use the GetWintergraspWaitTime function
- removed chat syncing of Wintergrasp time since it's not so useful anymore
- removed showing the redundant timer bar in Wintergrasp that shows when the battle will end
- slightly improved timer bar performance
- timer bar background colors is now colored as the darkened foreground's
- sparks' height adjusted to better fit the bar's height
- added font shadow
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com