|Go to Page...|
Ghost: Recon is a crowd control and mob ability tracker.
Whenever you see a crowd control effect occur on a mob, Ghost: Recon will remember it. When you next encounter the mob, you can see which crowd control effects have succeeded or failed in the mouse-over tooltip, colored according to the standard class colors for easy reference.
Also, Ghost: Recon will record the spells and abilities it sees a mob use, so you can easily see what the mob does next time you face it.
To show you the information regarding a mob, you can see a summary in the usual unit tooltip when you mouse-over them.
This will first show you if the mob is tauntable and/or stunnable. Then, for each class available in your party or raid, the tooltip will tell you which crowd control effects Ghost: Recon has seen successfully performed on them.
For example, if Ghost: Recon has seen a mage successfully polymorph a mob, the tooltip will show you that that mob is sheepable, provided that you have a mage in your group. All crowd control effects that are 'seen' by your combat log are recorded, regardless of class. The tooltip simply limits itself to showing only the effects your current group could employ.
After the crowd control effects, the tooltip lists the spells and abilities recorded for the mob. This information includes cast time and minimum/maximum range for the ability.
For more in-depth display of mob spells and abilities, Ghost: Recon provides you with a ButtonFacade-supported 'ability bar' that looks much like a traditional action bar.
This ability bar will only show when you have a mob targeted, and provides you with mouse-over tooltips for all the recorded spells and abilities, so you can read further into them to find out more about them.
Finally, if you shift-click a spell or ability in the ability bar, a link to the spell/ability will be placed in your current chat edit box so you can link it to your group or in a whisper, for example, or you can type /recon report (or Alt-Click anywhere on the ability bar) to list all of the mob's abilities in group chat.
All spells, abilities and crowd control effects you 'witness' will be broadcast guild-wide to other Ghost: Recon users, to build up your guild's awareness of mobs more quickly. You have the ability to switch this off if you choose.
Type /gr or /recon to configure, or /grs or /recon search to jump directly to the search panel. On first installation, go to the configuration panel, and find the 'Locked' check box in the lower right corner and switch it off. Then you dismiss the panel and move the ability bar guide (big blue bar) to where you want it, then go back and lock the bar again in the configuration panel.
With a lot of great feedback having come through and a large number of really good changes happening as a result, I'm preparing to stablize the releases of the mod shortly.
This means it'll stop being 'beta' and start being real. When this happens, I'll be slightly altering the intra-guild messaging format so as to not conflict with anyone who might still be using the beta versions and to encourage everyone to get up-to-date.
A big thanks to everyone who has contributed - keep the ideas coming, they just won't be implemented so darn quickly after I stop the beta phase. The aim now is a stable, bug-free (as much as possible) and usable mod as I can manage.
Feature Requests Being Implemented
- Configurable alignment of icons in the ability bar.
- Localisation support.
0.10.7 beta: 2010-07-03
- Fixed the spell link bug with the 3.3.5 changes to the ChatFrames etc. Thanks for the info those who told me about it!. <3
- Fixed the determination of 25-normal versus 25-heroic ICC. A bit late, but hey.
0.10.6 beta: 2009-12-24
- Updated ToC for 3.3.
- Changed the naming convention for raids, in line with the new crap that was introduced in 3.2 (took me a while). This means you will be unable to access data for Trial/ICC unless you manually rename stuff in your GR saved variables stuff.
- Added Psychic Scream as a detectable CC.
0.10.5 beta: 2009-08-08
- Fixed a bug that causes a Lua error when recording some events.
0.10.4 beta: 2009-08-07
- Updated ToC for 3.2.
- Fixed the 3.2 GetCurrentDungeonDifficulty() API change.
- Added preliminary support for activating guild communications only when Recon detects another Recon user on-line in the guild to reduce add-on chatter spam.
0.10.3 beta: 2009-05-06
- Fixed a bug that caused some spells that disappeared in 3.1 to crash the addon.
0.10.2 beta: 2009-04-10
- Fixed a bug with reporting to group chat when you didn't have the abilities bar showing.
0.10.1 beta: 2009-01-20
- Added the 'D' indicator for removable debuffs to the ability bar look-a-like in the Search panel.
- Initial internal work for configurable button alignment within the ability bar, but nothing you can configure yet.
0.10.0 beta: 2009-01-18
- Removed the cooldowns. Sorry guys and gals, but it's too inaccurate to be useful and can in fact be quite detrimental. I'd rather take it out now and save people the pain of relying on dodgy information. In the meantime, I will be working on devising a way to capture the data more accurately, or if that's not possible, recording usage of spells/abilities in a way that is useful.
- The 'cooldown radar' on a spell on the ability bar now reflects the spell being cast. Channelled spells will be supported soon.
0.9.14 beta: 2009-01-18
- Now shows removable debuffs on the ability bar with a green 'D' in the lower-right of the spell's icon.
- Now transmits removable debuff information to other Ghost: Recon users in guild.
- Added the option to remove icons from the spell/abilities listing in the tooltip.
0.9.13 beta: 2009-01-18
- Now detects if the debuffs mobs give you are removable (Abolish Poison, Remove Curse etc). In the tooltip, if the spell shows up in green text instead of blue, it's a removable debuff. Will add 'decoration' to the ability bar for this in a future update.
0.9.12 beta: 2009-01-17
- Fixed a bug with Improved Gouge that would cause a Lua error when on-demand transfer occurred.
0.9.11 beta: 2009-01-10
- Added a whisper feature for reporting in the search panel. Also, /recon report can now take an optional player name so the report is whispered to the named player. For example, /recon report will do what it always did, and /recon report Fred will whisper the report to Fred.
0.9.10 beta: 2009-01-10
- Added a small notes field against mobs. These will be reported on when you use Alt-Click or /recon report. They *may* be added to the tooltip as well in a future version. Maybe.
- Re-added support for /gr, provided that neither Prat nor Chatter are addons that you use (auto-detects).
0.9.9 beta: 2009-01-06
- Shift-clicking a spell on the ability bar or in the search panel will now link the spell directly to party/raid (as appropriate) without having to 'start' a chat first. If a chat is 'in progress' though, the spell link will be inserted as it used to be.
- Removed the /gr slash command so as to not conflict with something that Prat does.
0.9.8 beta: 2009-01-06
- Fixed linking spells from the ability bar.
- Fixed a problem when you didn't have LibStub available for LDB support.
0.9.7 beta: 2009-01-05
- Fixed a stupid freshly introduced bug that caused the tooltip and the ability bar to not show.
0.9.6 beta: 2009-01-05
- Fixed a bug recording failed crowd-control from intra-guild messages.
- Minor graphical changes.
- Improved version exchange handling.
0.9.5 beta: 2009-01-04
- Tidied up the search code a bit - if you clear the Zone text field, and type a mob name into the mob field, GR will show you the first mob with that exact name (not case sensitive though) that it finds. If there's an heroic version of that mob, it will be shown instead of the normal version though.
0.9.4 beta: 2009-01-04
- Added support for an LDB launcher. I'm not embedding LibDataBroker in the Zip file - presumably your LDB display addon will include this for you. If this is somehow causing things to fail, let me know.
0.9.3 beta: 2009-01-04
- Added a confirmation dialog to 'Clear Mob' (in the search panel) to prevent accidental removal of information you'd rather keep. Also moved the 'Report' button to the left side of the panel to prevent misclicks.
- I'm now enabling and disabling the 'Report' and 'Clear Mob' buttons in the search panel as appropriate.
0.9.2 beta: 2009-01-04
- Fixed a bug with the cooldown display after using the search feature.
- Also added the 'Dazed' ignoring code to the reception of information from guildies.
0.9.1 beta: 2009-01-03
- Fixed up some Button Facade support code to save and restore the Backdrop and Colors settings.
- The Search feature now automatically fills in your current zone when you show the search panel.
- You can now choose to switch off 'spell and abilities' in the tooltip (if the tooltip is still enabled though, you'll continue to get the CC effects listed). The search panel's tooltip will always hide the spells and shows CC only - you have a 'fake' ability bar to see the spells in the search panel.
- You can now Alt-Click the ability bar (the real one and/or the fake one in the Search panel) to do the same thing as /recon report does.
- 'Dazed' from mobs is no longer being recorded as an ability they have.
0.9.0 beta: 2009-01-02
- First attempt at a search/browse feature. Accessed by /grs or /recon search (or from the Interface/Addons section), you can type in a zone/instance name and a mob name. Use cursor up/down keys in the 'Mob' field to cycle through the recorded mobs in the selected zone/instance, or begin typing a mob name. I would have used drop down menus but the sheer number of zones and mobs made that very unusable. Mouse-over the ghosty-looking icon to see the usual mob tooltip, and the panel also displays a variation of the ability bar with all the usual tooltips and shift-click linky things, plus a 'Report' button. Please give me constructive feedback on this - I want it to be useful.
0.8.6 beta: 2008-12-31
- Fixed a small bug with the cooldown display on the ability bar.
- Fixed a new 'not in a guild' bug.
0.8.5 beta: 2008-12-31
- Fixed a bug with the ability bar when not using Button Facade.
- Added raid icons to the /recon report output to help identify to your group which mob you're talking about.
0.8.4 beta: 2008-12-31
- Added a 'Sometimes works:' section to the tooltip. Previously, crowd-control effects that sometimes work (due to temporary immunities the mobs give themselves or each other [not Cyclone/Banish from players though - that's already handled]) would be listed in the 'Affected by' section, but this got a little confusing when the tooltip says 'YES' and then a crowd-control effect comes back 'immune'.
- Added a small timer to the ability bar for refreshing, to help with some reported 'stuck-on-the-wrong-mob' problems. Let me know if your ability bar isn't updating correctly.
- Changed the way the information messages display - they now include spell/ability links instead of just the spell/ability name.
- Altered the timing used in my simple throttling mechanism to speed up the dispersal of intra-guild communications. Let me know if I've gone overboard and you're being disconnected again - there shouldn't be a problem though.
- Small tweaks to the version exchange code - nothing special.
- Minor miscellaneous bug fixes.
0.8.3 beta: 2008-12-29
- Added detection for debuffs that mobs put on members of your group, that otherwise weren't being picked up as mob spells/abilities.
- Added version exchange so if there's a newer version available that a guildie has updated to, you'll be reminded to update yours.
0.8.2 beta: 2008-12-27
- Thanks to user feedback, a couple of bugs have been fixed related to gathering data incorrectly (PvP-flagged players) or from group members' interactions.
0.8.1 beta: 2008-12-24
- Hmmm, seems that 'fix' for the doubling-up on the tooltip text wasn't really a fix, so I've reverted that change.
- Stopped logging stuff against unnamed zones (empty string) as can sometimes occur, particularly in some parts of the Dalaran Sewers.
0.8 beta: 2008-12-24
- Added a configuration option to allow you to choose the Unit ID you want the ability bar to track (default is target, but you can choose most valid Unit IDs, such as focustarget etc).
- Stopped the tooltip and ability bar displaying multiple different spells with the same name. Instead, you'll be shown the first spell in a group of related spells. Too many mobs have multiple 'Whirlwind' abilities for example. All are either the same, or so similar that the difference doesn't matter - the mob has a whirlwind, you know how to deal with that. Previously, you'd see all spells that have a unique internal Spell ID.
- Hopefully solved a problem where the mouseover tooltip would list stuff twice for a given mob.
- Minor bug fixes.
0.7.5 beta: 2008-12-23
- Miscellaneous bug fixes to do with ability bar refreshing on-demand, and a Lua error do to with on-demand communications.
- Added the ability to switch off guild synchronization. This works both ways though - if you don't want to send your information to others, you won't receive any from them either.
0.7 beta: 2008-12-22
- When you target a mob for which you have no spell/ability information, an on-demand request will be sent to your guild in the hopes someone else has the information to fill you in on the missing details. Waits up to 5 seconds for responses from guildies running Ghost: Recon.
- Fixed a bug where you'd sometimes record non-instance information even if you had 'Instance-only' switched on.
- All information messages are suppressed if you're in combat, to prevent chat window spam.
0.6 beta: 2008-12-17
- Now monitors heroic and raid bosses for 'regular' occurring abilities (like Decimate on Gluth, Necrotic Aura on Loatheb as examples) and if the spell/ability is used regularly enough (is in, not irregular/unpredictable), the ability bar will show a cooldown 'radar' when the boss uses that spell/ability to help you identify the next time it will be used. Think of this as "fake cooldowns".
- /recon report now exists to drop a report into party/raid chat that shows the spell links for every recorded ability for your current target.
- Now differentiates between normal and heroic mode raids. They are treated like different instances, so Naxx-10 data won't filter through into Naxx-25 - the information must be recorded independently.
0.5.2 beta: 2008-12-15
- Recording is now on by default. Serves me right for pumping out updates too quickly. :P
0.5.1 beta: 2008-12-14
- Fixed a problem with the ability bar showing sometimes when it shouldn't.
0.5 beta: 2008-12-14
- Added option to record instance/raid information only.
- Added ability bar transparency settings, for in-combat and out of combat.
- Added a global 'recording' switch via slash commands. /recon on will allow recording, and /recon off will disable recording (but will still transmit events to your guild if you're in one).
- Tidied up tooltip code to work a little better with Tiptac and other tooltip enhancers. 'Flickering' or 'readjusting' of a tooltip while using these addons may not be completely eliminated, but should be reduced a bit. It's not their fault nor Ghost: Recons, as near as I can tell.
- Added a configuration option to control the numbers of columns the ability bar will span before 'wrapping' around to the next line, so you can reshape your ability bar to be vertical, horizontal, square or something in between.
- Fixed a problem with the configuration option that switches the ability bar off - it now works properly.
0.4 beta: 2008-12-13
- The tooltip now shows recorded known immunities to crowd control effects.
- The crowd control effects listed in the tooltip should now be in your own language, not hard-coded in English anymore.
0.3.1 beta: 2008-12-12
- Added throttling of outbound addon communications to prevent disconnections caused by excess spam.
- Reduced the amount of outbound communications by analysing the GUIDs of combat log events first.
0.3 beta: 2008-12-12
- Now checks to see if you're in a guild before sending out intra-guild communications.
0.2 beta: 2008-12-11
- Switched off information messages by default. Use the configuration panel to switch them back on if you like all the spam.
- The ability bar now updates immediately when you witness a new spell/ability of your current target.
0.1 beta: 2008-12-11
- First public release.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.