Download
(146 Kb)
Download
Updated: 08-11-09 01:01 PM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:08-11-09 01:01 PM
Created:12-12-08 10:34 PM
Downloads:4,790
Favorites:71
MD5:
Broker AllStats
Version: 1.2.6 Release
by: Zhinjio, Torhal
A single LDB data source that will allow you to display character stats in a single frame. All of those same stats can also be displayed as the text on the display, or it can rotate through the selected stats every 'n' seconds.

--------------------------

For those of you new to using LDB based plugins

You can find a great description, and links to more information here:

* http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=14903

Creating addons like these is hard work. If you feel that deserves some compensation to the author, feel free to use the donation button below.
Click here to lend your support!
1.2.6-release
- properly added all translations (long overdue)
- added logtemplate
1.2.5-release
- cleaned up a couple small code formatting things
- Added Translator credits, thanks to:
- lastdans(frFR), Freydis88(deDE), post(KoKR), Hemathio (ruRU)
1.2.4-release
- TOC bump
- housecleaning
1.2.3-release
- fixed toc bump
1.2.2-release
- bumped TOC for 3.1
- fixed optdeps for disembedded users
- repack for new libqtip pathing
- added resilience
- added update for gear changes (throttled)
1.2.1-release
- repack for new libqtip pathing
- added resilience
- added update for gear changes (throttled)
1.2.0-release
- conversion to docmeta
- conversion to wowace localization
- first attempt with latest tag in pkgmeta
- cleaned up acquire code and offsets for columns
1.1.0-release
- changed pkgmeta to grab new qtip
- added hiding of zero values
- added compression of school details on spelldmg and spellcrit
- a couple other misc fixes
Archived Files (8)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.2.5 Release
128kB
Zhinjio
08-11-09 03:25 AM
1.2.4 Release
128kB
Zhinjio
08-07-09 09:51 PM
1.2.3 Release
125kB
Zhinjio
04-15-09 02:05 AM
1.2.2-release
125kB
Zhinjio
04-15-09 12:22 AM
1.2.1-release
117kB
Zhinjio
03-18-09 12:07 AM
1.2.0-release
112kB
Zhinjio
01-19-09 03:30 AM
1.1.0-release
111kB
Zhinjio
12-23-08 01:18 PM
1.0-beta
111kB
Zhinjio
12-12-08 10:34 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 12-13-08, 09:06 AM  
DJJoeJoe
A Murloc Raider
 
DJJoeJoe's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 168
Uploads: 1
Would be great if it updated dynamically, not a lot of options for people who wanna watch/monitor stats in combat. As a shadow priest, many things affect my damage and I'd appreciate something displaying that accurately.


Abbreviations of the stat names would be nice too, 'Shadow Damage Bonus' is a tad long and I didn't see anything that would display basic 'spell power' which is the actual stat you should be focusing on now, there is almost no school dmg anymore since wrath.
__________________

Joetest - Ner'Zhul - Disciples of Death
DJJoeJoe is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-13-08, 09:36 AM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by DJJoeJoe
Would be great if it updated dynamically, not a lot of options for people who wanna watch/monitor stats in combat. As a shadow priest, many things affect my damage and I'd appreciate something displaying that accurately.


It updates every time the text display changes, or every time you click on the icon.
Abbreviations of the stat names would be nice too, 'Shadow Damage Bonus' is a tad long and I didn't see anything that would display basic 'spell power' which is the actual stat you should be focusing on now, there is almost no school dmg anymore since wrath.
I thought about that too, but I just wanted to get something up, and I figured I'd worry about that later.

Re: spellpower. Yeah, funny thing that. There isn't actually any API that I could find that returned that data. If I locate one, I'll throw it in. Same goes for Resilience. But.... its still beta, so you have to forgive these little inequities.
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-08, 02:13 AM  
Gregory
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 67
Uploads: 0
Any chance to reduce amount of stats displayed ? Like remove all zero stats, show Spell Power and hide school specific stats if they equal to Spell Power, hide whole empty sections and so on.

May be also option to filter class-irrelevant stats like spell stats for phys dmg classes and melee for casters.
Gregory is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-08, 07:03 PM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by Gregory
Any chance to reduce amount of stats displayed ? Like remove all zero stats, show Spell Power and hide school specific stats if they equal to Spell Power, hide whole empty sections and so on.

May be also option to filter class-irrelevant stats like spell stats for phys dmg classes and melee for casters.
All good ideas. I should have some time over the next few days to put some of this in place. We'll see how I do!!
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-08, 08:37 AM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by Gregory
Any chance to reduce amount of stats displayed ? Like remove all zero stats, show Spell Power and hide school specific stats if they equal to Spell Power, hide whole empty sections and so on.

May be also option to filter class-irrelevant stats like spell stats for phys dmg classes and melee for casters.
I implemented a Hide Zero flag, which you can turn on and off. I also put in a "Spell Bonus Damage" general value, which will be the value that is repeated the most in the various schools of magic. Specific schools that are the same as that value will not be shown. Only ones that *differ* from that value

For example, if a warlock has bonuses that are shadow specific, he'd probably see:

Spell Bonus Damage 400
Shadow Bonus Damage 430

(or similar). Same thing for Spell Crit Chance.

For hiding empty sections, there is already a checkbox for each school in the tooltip config to turn on and off the whole group. Similarly, use this to get rid of stats that aren't relevant to your toon. (Hide the Melee Group for your healer, for example).

The above mentioned changes will be in the next push, which will hopefully be today. Keep an eye out for it.
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-08, 05:45 AM  
Gregory
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 67
Uploads: 0
Works great now ! Thank you.

Found some minor bugs:

1. You need to add this line to .toc or it doesn't work disembedded

## OptionalDeps: Ace3, LibDataBroker-1.1, LibQTip-1.0

2. After enabled "hide zero" tooltip get messed with overlapping values. Need to relog to fix that.

3. Have some random section title hanging at below of 2nd column. Got Defense on one char and Resistance on another.

Edit: fixed bug 3 description
Last edited by Gregory : 12-21-08 at 10:10 AM.
Gregory is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-21-08, 12:12 PM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by Gregory
Works great now ! Thank you.

Found some minor bugs:

1. You need to add this line to .toc or it doesn't work disembedded

## OptionalDeps: Ace3, LibDataBroker-1.1, LibQTip-1.0

2. After enabled "hide zero" tooltip get messed with overlapping values. Need to relog to fix that.

3. Have some random section title hanging at below of 2nd column. Got Defense on one char and Resistance on another.

Edit: fixed bug 3 description
Still trying to work out the exact implications of running disembedded. If you think about it, ace3, LDB and qtip are NOT "optional" dependencies, they are required. So thats not really a good solution either.

yes, there are still some qtip bugs that cause weird overlap and some stuff that "Hangs" out of the tooltip. I'm working with Adirelle and Torhal on a nearly daily basis to see how to get those fixed. Your bugs 2 and 3 are both related to that.

- ZJ
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-08, 04:15 PM  
DJJoeJoe
A Murloc Raider
 
DJJoeJoe's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 168
Uploads: 1
Originally posted by Zhinjio
It updates every time the text display changes, or every time you click on the icon.
Hrm that's weird cause I thought it was only changing when I clicked it, which is kinda a no no in combat. Didn't seem to update just by itself there.

*goes to check again on a dummy...

Yup, doesn't update unless I click it. That's kinda useless to me. Is there anyway to have it just update by itself or somehow show the stat directly?

I'm poking you about this cause, why do I need to click this thing to get what I want when I can just open my char panel faster with my key and check my stats myself.

Imagine if omen or any dmg meter worked this way, making you click it to update it's values :S or if your HP bar did it that way hehe.
__________________

Joetest - Ner'Zhul - Disciples of Death
Last edited by DJJoeJoe : 12-23-08 at 04:19 PM.
DJJoeJoe is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-08, 05:24 PM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by DJJoeJoe
Hrm that's weird cause I thought it was only changing when I clicked it, which is kinda a no no in combat. Didn't seem to update just by itself there.

*goes to check again on a dummy...

Yup, doesn't update unless I click it. That's kinda useless to me. Is there anyway to have it just update by itself or somehow show the stat directly?

I'm poking you about this cause, why do I need to click this thing to get what I want when I can just open my char panel faster with my key and check my stats myself.

Imagine if omen or any dmg meter worked this way, making you click it to update it's values :S or if your HP bar did it that way hehe.
Alright, I'm not understanding what you mean, clearly.

Let me try again...

The plugin caches all the stats, and (by default) only updates those values once every thirty seconds. Also by default, NO text is show on the display bar, just the icon.

You *can* choose to display a single value (lets say... attack power, for example) on the text, and *not* snuffle the values or change the timer. In that case, the attack power value will also update only once every thirty seconds.

Finally, you can choose the shuffle the values, which allows you to also alter the timer. If *that* case, the update frequency is determined by the slider, which can be set anywhere from 5 seconds to 30 seconds (again, the default). When in shuffle mode, you *can* still only select one stat to show, or multiple, and in either case, all cached values will still be updated on the frequency of the slider.

Now... to update "dynamically", as you're saying, would require hooking every single possible event that could possibly change the values of any stat. No, not doing that. I already hate doing something with OnUpdate, since that is so easily abused. I'm definitely not going to throw even more code in that could fire while you're in combat and cause any latency.

I'm hoping we just misunderstood each other, and that one of the above fixes suits your needs.

Final note: This isn't intended to be a combat monitor. Thats what omen, recount, assessment, etc are for. This is to give nice clean visibility into stats without introducing significant load.
Last edited by Zhinjio : 12-23-08 at 05:34 PM.
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-08, 05:38 PM  
DJJoeJoe
A Murloc Raider
 
DJJoeJoe's Avatar
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 168
Uploads: 1
Ah, 30secs it updates then. :S That's not as fast as I would like

As a shadow priest there are so many things that affect my spellpower and I've been looking for something to accurately tell me where that stat is at any given point. That, and crit possibly.

Can I manually change an update timer of sorts for this addon, say to maybe 5 secs? Would be interesting if it could 'just' look for and update chosen stats etc, further increasing the update rate and lowering overhead.
__________________

Joetest - Ner'Zhul - Disciples of Death
DJJoeJoe is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-08, 04:44 AM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by DJJoeJoe
Can I manually change an update timer of sorts for this addon, say to maybe 5 secs? Would be interesting if it could 'just' look for and update chosen stats etc, further increasing the update rate and lowering overhead. [/b]
I listed them in my earlier reply. In short:

- enable the "shuffle" feature
- move the slider to the low end, which is 5 seconds
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-12-09, 06:54 PM  
Tristanian
Andúril
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 279
File comments: 262
Uploads: 7
Originally posted by Zhinjio
The plugin caches all the stats, and (by default) only updates those values once every thirty seconds.[/b]
You could register for a UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED event with a "player" argument for gear changes and w/e event is used for talent changes. It wouldn't really create any severe overhead. The overhead would be introduced if you decided to check for buffs/auras as well It's generally fine, though I would strongly suggest to switching from the OnUpdate to AceTimer-3.0. Way better in terms of cpu usage.
Tristanian is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-09, 10:58 PM  
thetakerfan
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
Any update to getting resilience added? That's the only thing I see missing from this addon
thetakerfan is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-09, 06:39 PM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by Tristanian
You could register for a UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED event with a "player" argument for gear changes and w/e event is used for talent changes. It wouldn't really create any severe overhead. The overhead would be introduced if you decided to check for buffs/auras as well It's generally fine, though I would strongly suggest to switching from the OnUpdate to AceTimer-3.0. Way better in terms of cpu usage.
UNIT_INVENTORY_CHANGED ... excellent idea. Adding for the next push. This will make the addon "sensitive" to gear changes at least. Thats an easy one.
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 03-17-09, 06:39 PM  
Zhinjio
A Murloc Raider
 
Zhinjio's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 147
Uploads: 9
Originally posted by thetakerfan
Any update to getting resilience added? That's the only thing I see missing from this addon
I'll add this into tonight's push.
Zhinjio is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.