Download
(3 Kb)
Download
Updated: 03-17-11 01:28 PM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:03-17-11 01:28 PM
Created:01-15-09 11:49 AM
Downloads:10,000
Favorites:61
MD5:
Levelland  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 9
by: jaliborc [More]
Levelland is no longer maintained on WoWInterface. For the latest release, check Curse.


A city in Hockley County, Texas. Also, a small addon that shows the level of quests on the quest log, quest watch, gossip window, world map and quest links.

Features
  • Shows the level of each quest in the quest log, quest watch, gossip window, world map and quest links
  • Distinguishes quests with level from quests without it
  • No configuration needed

Notes
  • For feedback, support, suggestions and bug reports, feel free to post a comment.
  • And, if you wish, please consider supporting Levelland with a donation.

Click here to lend your support!
Version 9
  • Updated for 4.0.1

Version 8.4
  • Works on the World Map now
  • Minor changes on the quest log


Version 8.3
  • Now levels in the quest log are displayed between parenthesis instead of brackets

Version 8.2
  • Bug fix

Version 8.1
  • Several bug fixes

Version 8
  • Updated for 3.3.3

Version 7
  • Updated for 3.3
  • Renamed Levelland

Version 6.1
  • Fixed an annoying bug printing links in chat

Version 6
  • Updated for 3.2

Version 5
  • Updated to work with addons which fix the WatchFrame Blizzard bugs

Version 4
  • Now displays quest levels in the gossip window

Version 3
  • Updated for 3.1

Version 2
  • Small bugfix

Version 1
  • Initial Release
Archived Files (12)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
9
3kB
jaliborc
10-14-10 01:28 PM
8.4
3kB
jaliborc
05-02-10 12:53 PM
8.3
2kB
jaliborc
04-02-10 12:25 PM
8.1
2kB
jaliborc
03-25-10 05:22 PM
7
2kB
jaliborc
12-08-09 07:34 AM
6.1
2kB
jaliborc
08-13-09 10:10 AM
6
2kB
jaliborc
08-05-09 02:39 PM
5
2kB
jaliborc
05-24-09 10:42 AM
4
2kB
jaliborc
04-24-09 03:14 PM
3
2kB
jaliborc
04-15-09 12:13 PM
2
2kB
jaliborc
01-16-09 11:46 AM
1
2kB
jaliborc
01-15-09 11:49 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Old 08-07-09, 12:50 PM  
TheChiaroscurist
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
Same issue.

I aswell am having the same issue with the grotesque amount of spam Level Display is pumping out when-ever I mouse over anything (bag, bar, profession windows, etc). And after extensive testing, I concluded it's a conflict with ArkInventory (just as Shdwphnx had commented).
TheChiaroscurist is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-09, 01:57 PM  
Darklin
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 7
Uploads: 1
LevelDisplay.lua Line 109

print(link or false)

Nuke that line and save and /reloadui and the problem "should" be gone.

Not sure why he had a print in there. Probably for debugging purposes.
Darklin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 12:28 PM  
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
jaliborc's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 187
File comments: 325
Uploads: 20
Originally posted by Darklin
LevelDisplay.lua Line 109

print(link or false)

Nuke that line and save and /reloadui and the problem "should" be gone.

Not sure why he had a print in there. Probably for debugging purposes.
The bug has been fixed with version 6.1. And yes, it was there for debugging purposes.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
jaliborc is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 09:14 AM  
Zidomo
A Cliff Giant
 
Zidomo's Avatar

Forum posts: 76
File comments: 1049
Uploads: 0
v6.1 works without issues now, so far.

But the mod only shows the straight numbers for many quest types--"69", "80", etc, despite the text in the description. As you mention, for a long time, the API has been there to be able to be able to provide extra indicators beside the numbers to show if a quest is a daily, heroic daily, group quest and so on. Such as "80H" or "80..." for a heroic daily and so on.

Most mods of this type have provided these indicator modifiers as do those that still work in 3.2: Fizzwidget Levelator & more complex quest mods like QuestGuru and BetterQuest. They make noticing what type of quest one is much faster than looking over to the right side to read the text. So would be nice to see some style of indicators for the ones with level, but different from standard quests added to this .
Last edited by Zidomo : 08-14-09 at 09:16 AM.
Zidomo is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 01:30 PM  
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
jaliborc's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 187
File comments: 325
Uploads: 20
Originally posted by Zidomo
v6.1 works without issues now, so far.

But the mod only shows the straight numbers for many quest types--"69", "80", etc, despite the text in the description. As you mention, for a long time, the API has been there to be able to be able to provide extra indicators beside the numbers to show if a quest is a daily, heroic daily, group quest and so on. Such as "80H" or "80..." for a heroic daily and so on.

Most mods of this type have provided these indicator modifiers as do those that still work in 3.2: Fizzwidget Levelator & more complex quest mods like QuestGuru and BetterQuest. They make noticing what type of quest one is much faster than looking over to the right side to read the text. So would be nice to see some style of indicators for the ones with level, but different from standard quests added to this .
The thing is that I don't like those indicators, and other people may not like them as well.
I may make a separate addon to add those indicators, but, for now, I advice you to use some simple addon, like Fizzwidget Levelator.
jaliborc is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-09, 01:34 PM  
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
jaliborc's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 187
File comments: 325
Uploads: 20
Jaliborc is not going to be online for the rest of the month. Any comments posted from the current moment may not be answered until 1 September. This applies to any of Jaliborc's addons.
jaliborc is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-10, 04:28 PM  
Csalago
A Kobold Labourer
 
Csalago's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 85
Uploads: 7
getting errors still with 3.3.3

1x Levelland\Levelland.lua:89: attempt to index local 'line' (a nil value)
<in C code>: in function `GossipFrameAvailableQuestsUpdate'
Interface\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:36: in function `GossipFrameUpdate':
Interface\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:27: in function <Interface\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:9>:

Locals:
(*temporary) = <function> defined =[C]:-1
= <function> @ Interface\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:71:
= <function> @ Levelland\Levelland.lua:81:
Last edited by Csalago : 03-25-10 at 04:35 PM.
Csalago is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 06:07 AM  
Csalago
A Kobold Labourer
 
Csalago's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 85
Uploads: 7
8.1 fixed the gossip text issue, but now something completely different..

for the objective tracker, 2 oddities.

1) the level display changed from the left side of the quest text to the right side. (not really a big deal)

2) the more odd issue. if i choose to not display "completed objectives" i get no quest level next to any of the displayed objectives. however, as soon as I display completed objectives, the quest levels show back up.
Csalago is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 09:25 AM  
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
jaliborc's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 187
File comments: 325
Uploads: 20
Originally posted by Csalago
8.1 fixed the gossip text issue, but now something completely different..

for the objective tracker, 2 oddities.

1) the level display changed from the left side of the quest text to the right side. (not really a big deal)

2) the more odd issue. if i choose to not display "completed objectives" i get no quest level next to any of the displayed objectives. however, as soon as I display completed objectives, the quest levels show back up.
1) This was changed intentionally. I think it looks better this way, and more alike the tracker heading. Do you think otherwise? it was a last-minute idea.

2) I was not able to reproduce the bug. Are you using any more quest-related addon?
jaliborc is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-10, 11:31 PM  
Jeehell
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 14
Uploads: 0
Hi,

I got this error with the latest version (8.1).... While turning in one of the dailies in Skettis. (And as was added after me by Seebs... There is 2 dailies available on this questgiver...). It happens too while turning to 2 others daily questgivers at the tournament grounds (Horde side) that both have 2 dailies available. One is in the farthest tent (Threat From Above and Battle for the Citadel) and the other one in the Valiant tent.

Date: 2010-03-27 23:12:25
ID: -1
Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\Levelland\Levelland.lua line 96:
attempt to index local 'line' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
Levelland\Levelland.lua:96:
Levelland\Levelland.lua:88
[C]: GossipFrameActiveQuestsUpdate()
..\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:37: GossipFrameUpdate()
..\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:27:
..\FrameXML\GossipFrame.lua:9
Last edited by Jeehell : 03-30-10 at 11:13 AM.
Jeehell is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 03:12 PM  
seebs
Premium Member
Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 155
File comments: 185
Uploads: 5
I'm getting the same nil thing around line 96. It seems to happen to me when I'm talking to a quest giver who has at least two quests on offer.
seebs is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-10, 01:41 PM  
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
jaliborc's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 187
File comments: 325
Uploads: 20
Originally posted by seebs
I'm getting the same nil thing around line 96. It seems to happen to me when I'm talking to a quest giver who has at least two quests on offer.
Ok, thank you both for the reports. Working on the fix.
jaliborc is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 09:31 AM  
VonNegga
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
Thanks for the great addon. I'm looking forward to the fix for WoW 3.3.3. This is the best quest level addon I've come across.

I was wondering, would it be possible to add the quest level to the page where the gossip frame lists the quest text along with the rewards, etc? Some quest givers who only have one quest available will go straight to this page and in that circumstance there is no way to know the level of the quest without accepting it and then looking in the log, which is very inconvenient if your quest log is full and you're debating on abandoning some other quest to accept it.

Just to be perfectly clear what I'm asking for, if you look at this screenshot -

http://game.rbkdesign.com/images/blog/wow_torture01.jpg

- what I'm asking for is for the line at the top of that page to read "[71] The Art of Persuasion"

I could swear I had an addon at one time that did this, but I can't seem to remember which one, nor can I find it.
VonNegga is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 03:46 PM  
jaliborc
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
 
jaliborc's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 187
File comments: 325
Uploads: 20
Originally posted by VonNegga
Thanks for the great addon. I'm looking forward to the fix for WoW 3.3.3. This is the best quest level addon I've come across.

I was wondering, would it be possible to add the quest level to the page where the gossip frame lists the quest text along with the rewards, etc? Some quest givers who only have one quest available will go straight to this page and in that circumstance there is no way to know the level of the quest without accepting it and then looking in the log, which is very inconvenient if your quest log is full and you're debating on abandoning some other quest to accept it.

Just to be perfectly clear what I'm asking for, if you look at this screenshot -

http://game.rbkdesign.com/images/blog/wow_torture01.jpg

- what I'm asking for is for the line at the top of that page to read "[71] The Art of Persuasion"

I could swear I had an addon at one time that did this, but I can't seem to remember which one, nor can I find it.
I'm sorry, but that's not possible, because blizzard does not provide information about the quest lvl at the quest window, only at the gossip one. I've already looked into it, and it's not possible.
jaliborc is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 12:39 PM  
Jeehell
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 14
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by jaliborc
Ok, thank you both for the reports. Working on the fix.
Thank you very much... Last version did the job nicely...
Jeehell is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.