DaHUD was originally written by Benumbed. He has gone away now, or at least apparently abandoned the project.
I have been using DaHUD since about the middle of the last expansion, or it feels like it. It was highly configurable and pretty reliable. I just wanted it to look like drathal's hud. I finally managed to make a plugin for DaHUD to do just that.
Then Lich King came out and broke a few things. Actually, the mod worked but spit out a lot of errors for missing or changed spellids. There may be other things, but I haven't seen them.
I quickly patched up the holes and went on with it suppressing the LUA errors. I waited a time to see if Benumbed would updated it. I also was engaged in playing the game.
I believe sufficient time has now passed. This has no new features. For the technically minded, what I did was find that several functions and variables were no longer required due to changes in how UnitBuffs() works now.
So, the end result is its a little smaller and takes a little less memory as there is no longer a requirement to keep a database of spells each class can cast on each other an enemies in order to determine if a buff/debuff was cast by the player (for the large buff icon module).
I played with the errors on all day yesterday and not one popped up. That doesn't mean one isn't hiding anywhere just like any other piece of software.
I have no plans or desire to add any new features or make any new display modules. It is already very configurable.
This is basically DaHud without the missing spellid errors.
v 3.0.8 - fixed the sorting issue where it would place spells cast by YOU kind of at random. Now it all looks neat and doesn't pop up that LUA error with large icons.
v 3.0.8b - various bug fixes.
v 3.0.8c - The power bars now work with Death Knight Runic Power.
v 3.10 -
* UnitBuff() isMine return changed in wow 3.1. This affected the large buffs sorting and display. This is now fixed.
v 3.20 - Updated with the newest libdogtags-3.0 libraries. You'll need Ace-3.0 loaded before this addon for it to work, also. Something mysterious is happening with some buffs displayed (IE a bug pops up). It doesn't break the addon but it will pop up a lua error when it happens. I haven't tracked it down yet.
*NOTE*: a quick note. There are a number of DaHUD revisions floating around, as such they are difficult to keep seperate. In addition, automatic updaters are overwriting addons with the same name, which is to be expected. Therefore this has been renamed wDaHUD. It uses the same internal names, just the outside name to WOW is wDaHUD.
Barring any unforeseen problems, this should be complete until Blizzard completely rewrites some of the functions again as they are wont to do with expansions.
Updated the .toc file. Fixed various bugs from 3.2. Removed all references to outdated threatlib-2.0. Placed the newest ace3.0 libs in the zip for those who are missing ace3 libs. This was apparently a cause of not running for those who had no other ace3 addons.