Download
(21 Kb)
Download
Updated: 03-11-09 06:47 PM
Addon for:
oUF.
Pictures
File Info
Updated:03-11-09 06:47 PM
Created:01-25-09 01:29 AM
Downloads:3,526
Favorites:18
MD5:
oUF Faith
Version: ALPHA-4.0
by: Wimpface [More]
Well then, what could this be?
This is my layout for hastes oUF addon, it is open source and you can use it as you want.
It is currently ALPHA, it's a wip and i'm still new to addon writing, please give constructive criticism/feedback in the comment section.

It's mostly for tanks.

Feature Requests and Bug Reports goes to my portal, thank you!

oUF version:
  • 1.3.8

Supported frames:
  • Player
  • Pet
  • Target
  • Target of Target
  • Focus
  • Party

Supported plugins:
  • oUF_Reputation
  • oUF_Experience
  • oUF_Smooth
  • oUF_BarFader
  • oUF_DebuffHighlight

ToDo (Listed by priority):
  • Fix a raid header.
  • Fix runes for Death Knights.
  • Fix totem-timers, yes, they are coming!
  • Clean up the code, it's kinda messy right now...

Known Bugs:
  • Party frames wont show up for members joining when you're in combat.

Special thanks to Carebear!
ALPHA-4.0
+ Added player and target castbars.
+ Fixed oUF_Experience support so it fits in now.
+ Fixed Party Borders, not sure how it looks on 4 and 5man partys though...
+ Bumped to oUF Version 1.3.8
Post A Reply Comment Options
Old 01-26-09, 09:41 AM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by pHishr
I was listening to Temptation!
Then it's okay, Good boy Fishy, well done!
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 11:04 AM  
jadakren
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
 
jadakren's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 103
File comments: 114
Uploads: 2
Instead of recommending people to edit the core of oUF (which will just get over-ridden when you update the oUF-core)...do this instead within your layout file :

Code:
oUF.Tags["[class]"] = function(u) 
 return UnitIsPlayer(u) and UnitClass(u) or "" 
end
You can insert new tags that rely on events to be useful, such as the ones i us in my raid frames laytout to show which people are missing my buffs :

For Fortitude :
Code:
oUF.Tags["[fort]"] = function(u) return (UnitAura(u, "Prayer of Fortitude") or UnitAura(u, "Power Word: Fortitude")) and "" or "|cff00A1DE.|r" end
The next bit is what helps it work when the appropriate event fires
Code:
oUF.TagEvents["[fort]"] = "UNIT_AURA"
jadakren is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 11:06 AM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
I already thought of this, but was unsure if that class thing really would override the default, thanks Jadakren!

Originally posted by jadakren
Instead of recommending people to edit the core of oUF (which will just get over-ridden when you update the oUF-core)...do this instead within your layout file :

Code:
oUF.Tags["[class]"] = function(u) 
 return UnitIsPlayer(u) and UnitClass(u) or "" 
end
You can insert new tags that rely on events to be useful, such as the ones i us in my raid frames laytout to show which people are missing my buffs :

For Fortitude :
Code:
oUF.Tags["[fort]"] = function(u) return (UnitAura(u, "Prayer of Fortitude") or UnitAura(u, "Power Word: Fortitude")) and "" or "|cff00A1DE.|r" end
The next bit is what helps it work when the appropriate event fires
Code:
oUF.TagEvents["[fort]"] = "UNIT_AURA"
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-09, 05:43 PM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 979
File comments: 385
Uploads: 26
1. You should never _ever_ override anything in the oUF table.
2. Your tags should return nil (ie. nothing) instead of a empty string.
3. When adding new tags it's considered to be good practice to check if it already exists, or use a unique identifier on the tag.
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 12:18 AM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by haste
1. You should never _ever_ override anything in the oUF table.
2. Your tags should return nil (ie. nothing) instead of a empty string.
3. When adding new tags it's considered to be good practice to check if it already exists, or use a unique identifier on the tag.
1. Erhm, okay... Why not?
2. Okay, not sure what you mean.
3. Same as 2.
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 09:43 AM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 979
File comments: 385
Uploads: 26
Originally posted by Wimpface
1. Erhm, okay... Why not?
2. Okay, not sure what you mean.
3. Same as 2.
1. Because you change the expected behavior for all layouts, not your own. If you want to modify the core, then embed oUF into your layout as a hidden core.
2. This. As of 1.3.2 oUF expects the tag to return nothing when they have nothing to set.
3. Only defines the tag if it doesn't exists, Tag with unique identifier.
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 10:52 AM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by haste
1. Because you change the expected behavior for all layouts, not your own. If you want to modify the core, then embed oUF into your layout as a hidden core.
2. This. As of 1.3.2 oUF expects the tag to return nothing when they have nothing to set.
3. Only defines the tag if it doesn't exists, Tag with unique identifier.
Thanks, i think i got it now!

EDIT: I'm uploading the new version right now, mind taking a look at it so i did right?
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Last edited by Wimpface : 01-27-09 at 11:04 AM.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 01:44 PM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 979
File comments: 385
Uploads: 26
I don't see why you add a bunch of static color tags. All you do is create more overhead, for nothing. The colors should be statically defined in the strings before the tags if anything. You also add all these without actually checking if they already exist in the tag table .

You also only use SetTextColor() in your UpdateInfoColor() function, so I don't see any reason to have the function dynamic like you already do.

Another thing is that you have some dupe code here and there. self.Info on the player frame for example.
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-09, 01:49 PM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by haste
I don't see why you add a bunch of static color tags. All you do is create more overhead, for nothing. The colors should be statically defined in the strings before the tags if anything. You also add all these without actually checking if they already exist in the tag table .

You also only use SetTextColor() in your UpdateInfoColor() function, so I don't see any reason to have the function dynamic like you already do.

Another thing is that you have some dupe code here and there. self.Info on the player frame for example.
I'm just experimenting a lot, so i tend to save up on pieces of code that i encounter and might want sometime. >_<

The code clean-up will come when it's about to get 'finished', but for now i couldn't care less if it looks like shit, thanks for the tips though!
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 05:52 AM  
Akustik
A Kobold Labourer
 
Akustik's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 41
Uploads: 0
Please add buffs as soon as you can because unit frames with no buffs ...
And are you planning to add castbars or do you use Quartz or some other addon for that, so I'd know what to do ?
Akustik is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-09, 07:00 AM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by Akustik
Please add buffs as soon as you can because unit frames with no buffs ...
And are you planning to add castbars or do you use Quartz or some other addon for that, so I'd know what to do ?
I'm going to work on buffs soon! They're coming.

As for castbars, i'm not sure if i'm going to add them, i use AzCastBar myself (because it comes with a debufftimer) so i don't have a reason to add it... But they're coming when i have time!
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 02:16 PM  
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei
 
Zyonin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1421
File comments: 64
Uploads: 3
Bug report time, straight from Bugsack:
Code:
[2009/01/30 22:12:54-36-x1]: oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:218: Attempted to use invalid tag [white].
oUF-1.3.3\elements\tags.lua:257: in function `Tag'
oUF_Faith-1.0\oUF_Faith.lua:381: in function `style'
oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:218: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:210>
oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:275: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:272>
oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:326: in function `Spawn'
oUF_Faith-1.0\oUF_Faith.lua:533: in main chunk

  ---
And as a result you don't get a target frame, rather the default Blizzard will show up instead.

This is from the latest rev, the previous rev did not have this bug.
__________________
LiveJournal | Twitter

Last edited by Zyonin : 01-30-09 at 02:17 PM.
Zyonin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-09, 02:56 PM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by Lykofos
Bug report time, straight from Bugsack:
Code:
[2009/01/30 22:12:54-36-x1]: oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:218: Attempted to use invalid tag [white].
oUF-1.3.3\elements\tags.lua:257: in function `Tag'
oUF_Faith-1.0\oUF_Faith.lua:381: in function `style'
oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:218: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:210>
oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:275: in function <Interface\AddOns\oUF\ouf.lua:272>
oUF-1.3.3\ouf.lua:326: in function `Spawn'
oUF_Faith-1.0\oUF_Faith.lua:533: in main chunk

  ---
And as a result you don't get a target frame, rather the default Blizzard will show up instead.

This is from the latest rev, the previous rev did not have this bug.
o.O

This could be because i removed my whole color tag thingy, i didn't think i actually used any of those! But when i think of it i do... New version out any minute!

EDIT: Fixed, new upload is pending. If you find any more errors regarding this, please note! I don't get these errors myself because i run with all the custom color tags in my version, i removed them from the release version because apparently it only creates a longer "overhead"

Thanks for reporting the bug!
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Last edited by Wimpface : 01-30-09 at 02:59 PM.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 03:01 AM  
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei
 
Zyonin's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 1421
File comments: 64
Uploads: 3
Originally posted by Wimpface
o.O

This could be because i removed my whole color tag thingy, i didn't think i actually used any of those! But when i think of it i do... New version out any minute!

EDIT: Fixed, new upload is pending. If you find any more errors regarding this, please note! I don't get these errors myself because i run with all the custom color tags in my version, i removed them from the release version because apparently it only creates a longer "overhead"

Thanks for reporting the bug!
Your tactical application of "Raid" (or was it Black Flag? ) has exterminated the bug.

Nice layout, I am liking it alot.
__________________
LiveJournal | Twitter

Last edited by Zyonin : 01-31-09 at 03:02 AM.
Zyonin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-09, 04:03 AM  
Wimpface
A Molten Giant
 
Wimpface's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 619
File comments: 263
Uploads: 23
Originally posted by Lykofos
Your tactical application of "Raid" (or was it Black Flag? ) has exterminated the bug.

Nice layout, I am liking it alot.
Haha

I'm glad you like it!
__________________
All I see is strobe lights blinding me in my hindsight.
Last edited by Wimpface : 01-31-09 at 04:03 AM.
Wimpface is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: