This addOn stores and shows notes on the screen you log in or visit an auction house. For example, if you decide you need to buy something from the auction house when you’re miles away, and don’t want to visit a city just now, you can set a note that will appear when you next open the auction window. A note can also be set to appear when you log in to your current character.
If you end your note with a sum of money, the sum will be displayed in a money frame when the note is displayed, as in the screenshot. For example, in the note ‘Buy cold weather flying for 1000g 0s 0c’ the ‘1000g 0s 0c’ would be removed and 1000g would be displayed in the money frame.
To use CharNote, you can use the following commands:
/note : Displays the log in note.
/note <message> : Sets the log in note. Type ‘clear’ (without quotes) to clear it.
/note auc : Displays the Auctioneer note.
/note auc <message> : Sets the Auctioneer note. Type ‘clear’ (without quotes) to clear it.
If you are using Cartographer 3, or another addOn which uses the /note command, you can also use /cn.
I plan to add more note options, for the mailbox and bank, for example. I hope you like my addOn!
Night Elf Druid
* Changed TOC interface number for latest patch.
* Modified the note dialog in the following ways:
* Added a player model to the character note dialog. This may not always load first time.
* Money at the end of a note will now be displayed in a money frame. To use this feature enter the value in the format 1g 23s 45c (with or without spaces, one or more digits for each value.
* The note title will be displayed with the note, e.g. “Auctioneer: Buy mithril spurs,” or “Fodaro: Note cleared.” This reduces the amount of localization required.
* Modified the slash command handler code in the interests of sanity :).
* Major bug fixes
* Complete code restructure
* Enhanced UI support:
* Change button now appears when a note is displayed.
* The note window should no longer interfere with Lua errors, and will show when Lua error reporting is disabled.
* Stopped blank windows from opening when the auction window is opened.
* Added a message to be displayed when the auction note is cleared.
* Added a note that is displayed when the auction window is opened, with key binding.
* Added a key binding to show/hide the note.
* Changed the colour to a lighter shade of blue.
* Original Release
* Displays a note when a character enters the game world.