Clobber is a text display for every power type in the game, originally created for use with EventHorizon.
This addon has been designed from the ground up to use as few resources as possible. CPU and memory churn are kept to an absolute minimum where possible.
Clobber tracks everything power-related. Energy, mana, rage, runes, combo points, even the vehicle that you happen to be driving.
Clobber will automagically grab most of its settings from EventHorizon, making it essentially zero config. For those wishing to use it standalone, a full array of customization options is available for your viewing pleasure.
Note: Due to an issue with frame anchoring, Clobber is incompatible with versions of EventHorizon prior to 0.10. If you plan on using Clobber with EventHorizon, please ensure that both addons are updated to their latest versions.
There is no in-game configuration for Clobber, although it may be a possibility for the future. All configuration is handled through config.lua and myconfig.lua.
Clobber's configuration is very similar to that of EventHorizon - Take a look inside config.lua, you may be surprised at how easy it is to change the settings to your liking.
To avoid losing your custom settings with each update, you may add myconfig.lua to your Clobber directory. Again, this is similar to EventHorizon. Those familiar with how tables work in Lua will have an easy time adjusting individual settings like so:
...or if you want, you can simply copy the contents of config.lua to myconfig.lua and adjust from there. If adjusting individual settings, there is no need to change them all - myconfig simply overrides what it is told to.
Feature requests or bug reports:
Comments of all varieties here at Wowinterface are always highly appreciated. If you would like to log a more official request or report (read: one that I'm more likely to remember) please use the tools available within my portal.
- Optional mp5 display when showing mana
- Unique vehicle layout (in progress)
- Reorganize configuration
- Complete customization of display positions
New and changed:
* Updated toc to 30100 to indicate complete patch 3.1 functionality.
* Ulduar vehicle power and ammunition is now correctly tracked. Additions have been made to config.lua for the new power types that are tracked.
* The combo point display has had a minor rewrite and a few additions. Details below.
- Combo points are now shown in the center of the frame, instead of the far left. Still working on a good way to fully customize where everything is shown.
- Combo points are hidden when CP=0 and not in a form to use it (Druids will definitely notice this).
- Vehicles no longer have a combo point display, with the exception of Malygos drakes. Thanks to Orgo and his excellent addon MalygosCP for the method.
* Event (de)registration is a little cleaner. There were some potential problems with how it was done before.
* Power type handling is now quite a lot more robust.
* Entering/exiting a vehicle would spawn additional backdrop frames in earlier versions. This has been remedied.
* IMPORTANT: config.lua has had a minor overhaul. If you are using a myconfig.lua file, please check your settings against the new version.
New and changed:
* Added Death Knight rune cooldown tracking. CDs will show when under 4 seconds (configurable and can be disabled, refer to config.lua).
* Default rune spacing has been increased a little to account for cooldown numbers.
* Vehicle display no longer shows runes when playing a Death Knight.
* Vehicle display will no longer provoke nil errors when no target is selected.
Performance note: Rune cooldown tracking is disabled at all times except for when the rune display is active on the Clobber frame. Cooldowns will not be tracked when using another class or a vehicle with power of its own, for example. The rune cooldown updates are heavily throttled and done as efficiently as possible, meaning Clobber should use far less CPU compared to many other rune tracking addons.
Version 0.2b: Transition version, unreleased. Full notes in 0.3.
Version 0.2a: EventHorizon's bar frame is now exposed to the API, no more need for the framename workaround.
Version 0.2: Added vehicle power and combo tracking. Uses the Rogue/Druid layout for now.