Trix is a simple addon to help rogues manage Tricks of the Trade usage. Trix will create 3 macros if they don't exist: Trix1, Trix2, and TrixAIO.
Trix1 and Trix2 will cast Tricks of the Trade on any unit by ID or by name. I personally use #1 to cast on a tank by name, and #2 to cast on a DPS by name. These can be used in any way you like, including casting on a unitid.
TrixAIO is an all-in-one macro:
#showtooltip Tricks of the Trade
/cast [help] [target=focus, help] [target=targettarget, help] Tricks of the Trade
This will prioritize the following: Cast Tricks on your target if it is friendly > cast Tricks on your focus if it is friendly > cast Tricks on your target's target if it is friendly.
In addition to creating these macros, Trix adds the /trix slash command.
"/trix # unit" will edit Trix1 or Trix2 (depending on the #), so that it casts on the specified unit. This allows for maintaining control over casting on a specific target without having to manually edit the macros.
For example: "/trix 1 Tank" will edit the Trix1 macro to cast on a target named "Tank".
Due to addon limitations you cannot change the recipient name while in combat. If you attempt to edit it while it combat however, it will auto-update to the intended target after you leave combat.
New in r20090827: You can edit the announce in the /trix options menu. %s in the edit box will be replaced with the name of the unit receiving tricks of the trade.
New in 2.0: Not much. v2.0 is almost a complete rewrite to clean it up. /trix will now open the interface options panel when given no arguments, or when given improper argument. Trix will now yell at your chat window if you attempt to edit the macro in combat. Also, if you don't have enough free local macro slots to create the macro the first time running it, it will now attempt to create them in the global macros section instead.
New in 1.3: You can now choose to announce successful tricks of the trade casts. This option is disabled by default and can be enabled in the interface options addons tab. You can choose to display the announcements to Party, Raid, Whisper, or Smart. Whisper will automatically announce to the unit receiving tricks. Smart will announce to raid if you're in a raid, party if you're in a party, otherwise it will not announce.
New in 1.1: "t" is now a valid argument for unit. "/trix 1 t" will now set the macro to the name of your target if it exists. Useful for players with non-standard characters or long names.
* Fixed an ancient bug with changing announce options that affected some users.
* Should have fixed some errors with accented letters in recipient names.
* Added auto post-combat updating if you attempt to change recipient name while in combat.
* Added custom channels to the announce options.
* The class color naming will now work regardless of letter case.
* !ClassColors support.
* You can now change the announce message in game.
* The spew you get back when editing a macro will now color the unit's name by class. Useless but pretty! Small update.
* Changed versioning system to be a little less completely made up on the spot. (i.e. stole Shadowed's)
* Almost a complete rewrite to clean it up. There are a few changes, so for the most part if you're already happy with the addon, there is very little reason to update.
* /trix will now open the interface options panel when given no arguments, or when given improper argument.
* If you don't have enough free local macro slots to create the macro the first time running it, it will now attempt to create them in the global macros section instead.
*Fixed an error.
*Added a shortcut for target name. Check the description for usage.