There are a few taint issues still. I am aware of the new one in 5.4.1. The first time per login that you open the map window there is a taint message about "IsDisabledByParentControls". MetaMap 5.4.1 should fix this
MetaMap adds features to the WoW world map, keeping all mapping type features in a single place.
Some features are:
Adjust the map window size.
Move the map anywhere on the screen.
Adjust the opacity of the window & maps.
Saved sets for toggling between 2 map modes.
Allows full player movement, messaging, etc. with map open.
Adds coords to the main map and the Minimap
User editable notes for all maps, including instance maps.
NPC/Mob database collectable by mouseover or keypress.
Toggling on/off display of unexplored areas of the map.
Waypoint system to guide you to any set point.
Complete Quest logger with optional history database.
Tracker module for gathering Herbs/Ores etc.
NoteBook module for additional notes, linked to Tooltips.
Inbuilt Import and export facilities for various data formats.
Inbuilt Backup and Restore facilities.
Button on Minimap to open or close the World Map or display MetaMap options.
Key bindings for various MetaMap functions.
Full support for Titan Bar.
MetaMapEXP - Map notes Export module. Allows you to save the map notes to SavedVariables\MetaMapEXP.LUA.
MetaMapFWM - Enables show unexplored sections of the map command
MetaMapHLP - MetaMap Help module
MetaMapNBK - Notebook module
MetaMapQST - Quest tracker and Quest history
MetaMapTRK - Mineral and Herb node tracker, places nodes on the map. Similar to Gatherer
MetaMapWKB - Tracks locations of NPCs and stores in a list by zone
5.0 Fixes and Changes
Updated TOC for 5.0
Added references to new Mists of Pandaria maps
Re-arranged instance dropdown by continent
Map doesn't size correctly in combat
Worgen starting area maps sometimes don't display correctly
Cannot choose "microdungeons" when you are not in them. Microdungeons are small zones within a zone. I.E. There is now a working map for the Caverns of Time.
Extract ALL folders in the archive to the Interface\AddOns\ location. If you wish the Instance maps to be populated with default information, then on first installation you will need to select 'Extended Options' from the MetaMap menu.
Select the 'Database' tab, then click 'Load Imports'. This will enable the default import button, 'Import Instance Notes'. Click on the 'Import' button to import the data.
Some addons may reset the map to gather location data.
If there is a map which is not showing because it is now built in if you zoom out, it will show correctly.
Map will not scale in combat
There were some parameters in the internal map list which I was not sure what to change them to when I added the new Blizzard instance maps. So if you notice anything strange when showing instance maps please post in the comments.
This version works on 5.0. It should be aware of all the new Mists of Pandaria map data. If you find any errors please post into the comments section.
There is no method for converting all the old notes to the correct locations on the maps. You might want to clear all the notes and start over. --- Vond (Khadgar)
Current Author: mbanks850 - aka Vond - Realm: Khadgar
Current CoAuthor: Andy - aka Andymon - Realm: Lordaeron
Original Author: Urshurak - aka MetaHawk - Realm: Aggramar
Original MapNotes code by Sir.Bender.
Original FullWorldMap code by Mozz.
Original MetaMapBWP code by Noraj.
French localisation by Sparrows.
German localisation by oneofamillion.
Spanish localisation by Fili.
Updates to MetaMapTRK code by Andy
* Fix for CVar Realmname to GetRealmName() in MetaMapQST
* Added fix for taint log, thanks Omegal (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/10388639018)
* Added Seige of Orgrimmar map
* Updated for 5.4
* Added Timeless Isle
* Fixed saving quest objective state
* fixed options button not working
* updated to remove references to WorldMapQuestShowObjectives....
* Bug fixes
* Lets try again for the fix for updatearrowframe
* Hopefully fixed the updatearrowframe error
* Fixed move API changes
* Added Throne Of Thunder, Isle of Giants, Isle of Thunder Maps
* Fixed bugs due to API changes
* fix for some instance maps switching always to first map level
* fix for map display at Darkmoon Island
* fix for late update of map notes
* fix for missing map notes at instance maps
* fix for display of older tracker entries from global maps in new micro maps
* Fixed a bug referencing a nil index
* implementation of the support for micro maps, but no preview mode supported (one has to be in the area to show the micro map)
* the arrow button at the top right corner of the world map now toggle full screen again
* added new button at the top right corner of the world map to toggle the save set mode (changes in MetaMapSaveSet_Toggle())
* update to the shown dungeon levels for LFG (levels from the in-game LfgDungeons.dbc database)
* fix to disable in-game miniWorldMap mode if MetaMap is started, because the in-game miniWorldMap is not suported by MetaMap (removed old code from MetaMap_SetWorldMap() and fixed command order)
* fix to a scaling issue of the MetaMap overlay at the world map
* fix to trigger a map update at indoor to outdoor changes (added the event MINIMAP_UPDATE_ZOOM)
* fix to an error if the scale value for the MetaMap world map frames become zero for any reason (assign a default scale of 0.5)
* fix to the map display of the Gilneas worgen starting area (name IDs in the ZoneTable are still required there, because of different maps with identical names for some localizations)
* fixes to the localized map names for a correct display of the map notes (correction of area names in the ZoneName table of MetaMap for en, de, fr, es, and ru extracted from the in-game AreaTable.dbc)
* fix to the zoom out from some maps and if the option "Entering new area switch to actual map" is disabled (You must not set a mapid for normal maps with ztype="SZ" in the ZoneTable)
* added locations for the major cities, starting areas, and the Stranglethorn, and Vashj'ir sub-regions to allow zoom out to the containing map
* fix to some tainting events by re-implementing full screen mode and full screen toggle (added some InCombatLockdown() statements to prevent tainting messages during combat)
* fix for the taintLog bug described in http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6413024501 to allow the creation of a taintLog
* fix for some variables, which should be local (renamed all global variables to a name starting with MetaMap...)
* small fix to the world map instance menu (re-arranged the code of MetaMap_InstanceMenu_Initialize(), removed useless code)
* fix of the zone check menu in the MetaMap options (localization and menu issues in MetaMap_ZoneCheckMenu_Initialize())
* fixes for in raid checking in the MetaMap send note frame
* fix for missing buttons in all modules (UIPanelButtonTemplate2 -> UIPanelButtonTemplate)
* fixes to the lists of overlay module which shows unexplored areas of the WorldMap
* fix to display ores and herbs, which are not included in the MetaMap list, with a generic icon
* fix to the MetaMap tracker for the data collection from the shown tooltip (hooksecurefunc to "Show" of the GameTooltip in MetaMap_SetWorldMap() is not working, because it is not executed during the display of the tooltip)
* added new icons for MoP to the tracker
* fix for crash or freeze of WoW with MetaMap in combination with MobMap (the QuestTracker of MobMap causes a crash of freeze if it is called to often, so I had to limit the execution of the event WORLD_MAP_UPDATE to once per 0.5 seconds)
* added German translations for the new localization strings
-- Added new scenario maps
-- Fixed a combatlockdown check
-- Fixed a Tooltip hook for other addons (was not passing SELF)
-- Fixed the _ taint on CastGlyph
-- Fixed TOC files to make MetaMap Up to date
-- Fixed some missing buttons in the options pages
-- Fixed show quest objectives not saving
-- Override the default minimize button, to toggle between the MetaMap Save Sets. It will also remember the setting for quest objective toggles. So You can have one saveset larger with quests objectives and one smaller without.
-- Updated TOC
-- Added New Maps
-- Re-arranged Instance Drop down by continent
-- Added new instance and raid maps
-- Updated TOC
-- Removed more traces of MetaMapBLT
-- Updated TOC
-- save window positions of the note book and world map at logout
-- better map level support for instance maps, including zoom out and reset to actual map
-- better map correction for areas, showing in-game the wrong world maps
-- added support for the addon "Addon Control Panel"
-- fix for in-game resized world map
-- added map support for "The Maelstrom"
-- fix for the Worgen starting areas of "Gilneas" (added identification number for maps with identical names)
-- fixes to get a better performance at area changes
-- fix for the partly coverd map reset button by the map level menu
-- fix for the full screen toggle of the world map
-- fix to the map name display at the instance and area pull down menus at the world map
-- Updated TOC on the modules
-- Updated TOC
-- Added Blizzard BC maps
-- removed unused option to show the tracker icon (makes no sense anymore)
-- add new option to prevent switching to actual map if moving to a new area if the world map window is open (function MetaMap_SetMapAfterRefresh + function MetaMap_SaveCurrentMapData + I added some new hooks for this to save which map is selected - function MetaMap_WorldMapAreaButton_OnClick + function MetaMap_WorldMapLevelUpDown_OnClick)
-- fix of the in-game bug/feature of showing the continent map at Black Rock or Maraudon. Show now the related zone map. (function MetaMap_SetMapToCurrentZone_Fix + added new type SZR in MetaMap_ZoneTable in MetaMapConstants.lua)
-- fixed zoom in/out from all maps including instances and BGs (function MetaMap_WorldMapZoomOutButton_OnClick with new hook)
-- fixed the display of the actual zone at the instance menu and zone menu
-- fixed map of Gilneas (now the area map is shown and not the city map. But MetaMap still don't distinguish between both, because both maps have in-game the same name, only the mapid is different. Same problem for the The Maelstrom)
-- fix to set the right dungeon map level after full screen toggle
-- fix of the not closing instance menu
-- removed old azeroth instance data from import file MetaMapCVT\MetaMapData.lua
-- added missing self to function calls of MetaMap_ShowLocation in MetaMapQST, MetaMapTRK, and MetaMapWKB
-- fixed again the main menu of the tracker (localization for "On" and "Off" was missing in MetaMapTRK)
-- fixed ChatFrameEditBox
-- fixed letter change (capitalization) in german locale instance name of the Scarlet Monastery
-- localization of new button
-- MetaMap.xml formated
-- fixed QST reward display
-- fixed the insert of QST loot links and quest titles to the chat
-- removed check boxes from empty lines in some menus
-- added a function to prevent partly off-screen area lists at the pull down menus at the world map (of Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor)
-- added support for Plaguelands: The Scarlet Enclave
-- fixed some problems with the MetaMap_ZoneTableUpdate, which set some areas as unavailable
-- fixed the TRK exclusion menu
-- fixed InfoLineButton not showing information about a normal zone after viewing and instance
-- Made the continent entries in the drop down selectable.
-- Replaced built in continent and zone dropdowns with a combined zone dropdown because of scaling issues
-- Fixed an error in the tooltips for the MetaMapWKB module
-- Updated zone information for unexplored module and instance maps
-- Real fix for note highlight when you click the notelist. I found the bug that was preventing the highlight in the original metamap code.
-- German Localization
-- Fixed note highlight when you click on the notelist
-- Incorporated changes for MetaMapTRK and MetaMapNBK (Thanks to Andy)
-- Change UIFrameFlashRemoveFrame to UIFrameFlashStop
-- Disabled the ability to load MetaMapBLT since it is very outdated and was never updated for 4.0.1
-- Changed GetSpellName to GetSpellBookItemName
-- fixed bug in MetaMapFWM (show unexplored module)
-- fixed more instances of "this", "arg1", "event", etc
-- Changes all instances of getglobal() to _G because getglobal is now depricated
-- removed all instances of "this" and "arg1" because they were depricated and have now been removed
-- Include the updates to MetaMapTRK by Andy
3.3 Fixes and Changes
Updated TOC for 3.3
Added new instance maps
Fixed bugs caused by new quest tracking
Fixed the player pointer position
Fixed the coordinates to show at the bottom of the map
Fixed minor display issues (mostly with the instance maps)
Map in combat still does not scale
-- Forgot to put other modules in zip file
-- Added Ruby Sanctum Map
-- Fixed an issue where you could not select all instances from the drop down list
-- Fixed bugs related to tooltips not appearing. In some files missing WorldMapPOIFrame.allowBlobTooltip = true before WorldMapTooltip:Hide(); and = false missing before :Show();
-- Fixed Battleground drop down list, Isle of Conquest would open strand of ancients and strand of ancients was missing
-- Added Map Window Level setting. values: 0,1,2 Defaults to 0, increase if buttons and and other windows appear on top of the map. Try value 1. value 2 may cause issues.
-- Added Russian Translation thanks to StingerSoft
-- Updated for 3.3.3, fixed bugs caused by changes in API
-- Added the Sunwell and Magister's Terrace maps into the custom instance map lists.
-- Fixed a bug with the instance maps, where once you chose one, you would only see notes from that instance
-- Fixed frame level issues so Tooltips would appear correctly
-- added WorldMapPOIFrame.allowBlobTooltip = false before any WorldMapTooltip:Hide and true before show so that tooltips would appear when the quest tracking was available.
-- Fixed the instance maps so you can add notes
-- fixed display a valid background behind the instance map
-- fixed the quest objectives when viewing an instance map
-- fixed some frame level problems (frames being hidden behind others)
-- Changed the Coordinates frame to be relative to WorldMapFrame instead of WorldMapButton
-- Removed the line: frame.scale = scale; from SetEffectiveScale to fix the player position
-- Fixed ability to move the map
-- disabled the blizzard sizedown button
-- fixed instance dropdown ability to select new northrend dungeons.
-- Added maps for Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, Halls of Reflection
-- To fix blackout when you use the small blizzard map, essentially have to reinit MetaMap onShow everytime
-- Fixed coordinates by getting size of MetaMapWorldButton instead of WorldFrame
3.2 Fixes and Changes
Updated TOC for 3.2
Added Isle of Conquest Battleground Map
Added Hrothgar's Landing Map
-- Added Trial of the Crusader and Trial of the Champion maps to MetaMapConstants.lua
-- Fixed Naxxramas to correctly display new blizzard map
-- Added option to disable debug prints, disabled by default
-- Incorporated the Chat Error Fix
-- Added Hrothgar's Landing map info in MetaMapConstants.lua
-- Added Checks for centerY and centerX to see if they were nil and set to 0 if nil
-- Changed GetDifficultyColor to GetQuestDifficultyColor in MetaMapQST
-- Forgot empty localization strings for the new battleground map
-- Updated TOC for all modules to 30200
-- Added Isle of Conquest BG Map
3.1 Fixes and Changes
Fixed api calls that were changed in 3.1 so no errors are thrown
Fixed the ability to add new notes
Fixed the ability to change zones with the minimap on
Fixed MetaMap to show the new WOTLK instance maps
Fixed the ability to ediit party notes
Fixed formating issues in MetaMapWKB module
Fixed version information on MetaMap Menu
Fixed can add notes to the new instance maps
Fixed notes stay with the submap. I.E. Dalaran has 2 maps (Dalaraan and Sewer). If you select Sewer you will only see sewer notes
Added option to the General Options / MetaNotes tab to enable/disable the autofilling the notes title with the coordinates of the note. Defaults to disabled
-- added MetaMapOptions["AutoFillCoords"] and respective check buttons and code checks
-- added mLevel to mapnotes to track which submap the note is on.
-- Worldmapbutton_onupdate modified to filter always on submap (GetCurrentMapDungeonLevel())
-- added missing raids and instances to constants.lua
-- added new zone type of DNI to be the interactive dungeon maps
-- Fixed formating issues in the XML file for MetaMapWKB, replaced tab character with spaces
-- Fixed version information that is shown on the MetaMap menu
-- Changed code in the XML to fix the OnClick hook for the party button
-- Fixed MetaMap to show the new WOTLK built in instance maps.
-- Changed Minimap_OnUpdate to MinimapPing_OnUpdate
-- Re-enabled code to hide the minimap (SHIFT-M) when the large map opens
-- Copied code from MetaMap_WorldMapButton_OnClick to ProcessMapClick
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com