Updated for Patch 5.0.4 (Pre-Mists of Panderia patch)
- Enhanced quest display in the log
- Built-in announcer with customizable messages
- Quest progress sounds
- Custom Tracker which can be used independantly of QuestGuru, or in conjunction for full functionality
- Localization ability. Submit yours!
**New & Updated Localizations
If you have a translation, please feel free to upload it on the Optional Files tab and send me a PM. Likewise if you have an update to one, please PM me.
F A Q
Q. How do I post a Bug Report?
A. Go to www.wowinterface.com and search for QuestGuru. Go to the AddOn and on the right side there is a selection called "Bugs" click on that. You will need to be signed in to WoW Interface to create a bug report.
Please include the version of QuestGuru you are using and copy/paste the error message you receive. Please describe what you were doing when the error happened. This will help tremendously.
Q. How do I turn on auto-tracking of quests?
A. Look in the options for the game itself, not QuestGuru. Under Objectives there are options to set when to track quests. QuestGuru does not duplicate these settings in its own options as it could become problematic and it is not necessary to duplicate options already available.
Q. Where can I find a version compatible with WoW patch x?
A. QuestGuru is supported for the current Expansion and Patch level running on the live servers. PTR versions may be supported as Alpha or Beta releases, but I offer no guarantee.
Version 2.2.14-50300 (QuestGuru)
Version 1.5.15-50300 (QuestGuru_Tracker)
* TOC change for patch 5.3
* Fixed a problem in QGT_Achievements that caused the Tracker to fail (Tracker)
* Big thanks to CMTitan who provided code to handle Scenarios that came out with MoP (Tracker)
Version 2.2.13-50001 (QuestGuru)
* Added a new sound option to announce (Thank you Drizt)
* Added a snippet of code to fix a rare QuestLog layout problem. Drizt ran into this again in MoP & kindly shared his fix for the issue.
* Fixed a few more places where party handling was changed in MoP/Patch 5.0.4.
* Changed the Debug message for the objectives not returning data to be sensitive to the debug setting.
Version 1.5.14-50001 (QuestGuru_Tracker)
* Fixed another place where party handling was changed in MoP/Patch 5.0.4.
Version 2.2.12-50001 (QuestGuru)
* Blizzard API GetQuestLogLeaderBoard is failing to return information for the identified objective & quest on some quests.
I changed the code to look for no information return and simply bypass processing for that objective after dumping some info into the chatlog.
I've added a slashcommand to invoke the routine at will: "/qg testui1"
For me, it's failing on "Shadow Wardens" and perhaps that's because the world tree marks are currency, not "items".
If the quest is an event quest (get 150 marks) then the type of quest should be event and the numObjectives should be zero.
Version 2.2.11-50001 (QuestGuru)
* Error being reported by some @ line 410 of QuestGuru.lua. Added some diagnostic code when text == nil
Version 2.2.10-50001 (QuestGuru)
* Removed some leftover diagnostic messages
Version 1.5.13-50001 (QuestGuru_Tracker)
* Fixed a problem with the Achievement Tracking
Version 2.2.9-50001 (QuestGuru)
Version 1.5.12-50001 (QuestGuru_Tracker)
* Both - Updated several items for compatability with Mists of Panderia (Patch 5.0.x)
Version 2.2.7-40300 (QuestGuru)
Version 1.5.10-40300 (QuestGuru_Tracker)
* Latest revision of the Russian localization now incorporated. Thank you again StingerSoft!
* Removed some unused code. Frame "QG_QuestLogTitleMenu"
* Fixed the SetBindings problem that would cause all bindings to occassionally get lost.
Version 2.2.6-40300 (QuestGuru)
Version 1.5.9-40300 (QuestGuru_Tracker)
* Made several localization changes. Enabled $substitution variables in announcer to be localized as well.
* Incorporated a brand new localization for Chinese(zhCN). Credit to Honooon with many thanks.
* Incorporated an updated localization for Russian(ruRU). Credit to StingerSoft with many thanks also.
* Updated all of the localizations (even the new ones) to synchronize variable names
* I based the updates upon the default (American) localization file.
* I removed variables that were no longer in the base localization file (most moved to the QuestGuru_Tracer localization)
* and added missing variables (in American)
* We now have localizations for German, French, Russian, and Chinese (zhCN & zhTW).
* I would really appreciate it if speakers of those languages sent me updates to them.
* There are some new variables in the localizations that need translation!
* The History button call to QuestCompletist has been fixed.
* Refixed an issue in QuestGuru_Tracker\QGT_Quests.lua where SaveBindings sometimes received an invalid value because GetCurrentBindingSet() would return other than nil, 1, or 2.
* Fixed the TOC for 4.3 cata
* MrObrien has asked that somebody pickup and work on the QuestGuru so I will try and do some updates as I can't play without this mod.
Addon home is www.wowinterface.com and you can PM me there if you like. Gregity is the name.
I will be making small changes to get used to the codebase before I try anything like a major update.
* Fixed an issue in QuestGuru_Tracker/QGT_Quests.lua where SaveBindings sometimes received an invalid value because GetCurrentBindingSet() would return nil
* No other new information has been added (yet).
* Fixes for when scrolling the quest log
* The quest log frame will now remember where it was when moved
* Tracker achievement bug fixes and flashing for completed remote quests
* Tracker bug fix that was causing game crashes
* Added quest levels to NPC dialogs where possible
* Added "Sound\\Creature\\Peasant\\PeasantWhat3.wav" to the list of sound options
* Removed the History, I recommend using Quest Completist
* Fixes for Cataclysm
* Special thanks to Dridzy and Cartman for their invaluable contributions
Version 2.0 Beta 2
* QuestGuru now modifies the quest log to add quest level and checkboxes for tracking quests (like previous versions of QuestGuru)
Version 2.0 Beta 1
* Incorporated History function, QuestGuru History is no longer a separate module
* QuestGuru is now a modification of the built-in quest log, rather than a replacement
* History is no longer stored on your computer but is retrieved from the server instead
* Removed some features that were causing problems and slimmed down the addon to reduce memory usage
* Upgraded to ChatThrottleLib v21