Is your guild a very alt-friendly guild? Is it hard to keep track of which alts belong to which mains? Then maybe SolidarityAlts might be something for your guild.
To achieve this you will need the help of the officers / guildmasters of your guild. By reading the guild public note for a player the addon searches for the pattern "Main: xxxxx" where xxxx is the name of the Main character for this alt. If it can match the pattern it will hook into chat functions and add the main's name before the actual message.
The main character "Mymain" has an alt called "Alty". The "Alty" character will have the guild public note set to "Main: Mymain". The addon then presents this information when this person chats with you.
Before addon (example)
[Guild][Alty]: Good morning!
After addon (example)
[Guild][Alty]: (Mymain) Good morning!
Using the configuration (accesible in the Interface->Addon tab) you can change the prefix and postfix to anything you like, so you can change it to
[Guild][Alty]: -->Mymain<-- Good morning!
Channels to "Hook":
You may select them as you like.
By using the blizzard chat filters, this addon should be compatible with other chat addons that respects the those filters.
Installation is simple. Just extract the zip file to your addon folder.
- Updated for patch 4.0.1
- Added support for /officer chat
- Fixed a bug in 3.2.2: Blizzard have at some point made it possible to color authors of chat messages according to their class.
This was added as an additional argument to chat filters, and since I previously used a fixed ammount of arguments it wasn't
passed correctly. Now its using ... so I hope future surprises will be handled automagicly =)
-Updated ToC for 3.2
- Fixed bug which would reset the prefix and postfix if you clicked OK in the addon configuration tab without opening the setting for solidarityalts
- Default value for hooking raid/guild/whisper/party is set to true (so its activated on install)
- Updated ToC to 31000
- Fixed for 3.1
- Added configuration for prefix and postfix of the main characters Name
- Added a "status" command using /solidarityalts
This displays the current memory usage and size of cache
- Added configuration accessable through the Blizzard "Interface Options"
(Game menu -> "Interface" -> Addon tab -> SolidarityAlts)
This allows you to control which channels you wish to "hook" SolidarityAlts on.
Available choices are Guild, Whispers, Raid and Party. This configuration is accountwide
- Added saved variables file, this is shared accross characters on the same account.
- Added session based caching of guildnames
Why parse the players public guildnote EVERY TIME they something in a monitered channel?
I added a Sessionwide cache in a table to keep track of this. Although im unfamiliar with the perfomance
of tables im quite sure it is better than to iterate through all online members and then regex the speaker
to check if he/she has a note stating him/her to be an alt. Nope, do it once and then cache the result.
Since these values can change over time it is wiped every time you relog
- Even if raidchat has been selected to be hooked, if the raidleader is an alt, the tag will not be shown for him
- Initial release
- Retrieves main character based on Public Guild Note using Prefix "Main: "