GetReagents will no longer be updated by me. I have created a "Lite" version which can be found here. GetReagents will likely continue to work fine for quite some time, so there is no need to panic right away. I do apologize for the migration to a lite version, but I no longer have enough time to work on my more in-depth addons. Thank you all for enjoying this, and I hope that my lite version can serve the purpose that this one did for you.
GetReagents is a simple reagent restocking utility.
It can auto-stock any item which can be bought at a vendor. While it does come pre-loaded with known reagents for each class (initially set to a stock of 0 for safety), you can add any item you like to the list.
/reagents or /getreagents will open the configuration GUI.* From it, you can change each reagent's stock amount, add new reagents, or remove reagents you will no longer use (see screenshots).
To add an item, you can either use a slash command with an item link, or the itemID if you know it. To use the slash command simply type /reagents and then shift-click the item you wish to add to the list: /reagents [itemlink] . If you know the itemID, you can open the GUI and enter it in the appropriate box.
Items added to the list do not have to be reagents, specifically. You can add food, water, arrows... Anything a vendor sells can be stocked.
To remove an item, open the GUI and select the item you wish to no longer purchase. If you might like to purchase it again in the future, you can simply set the quantity to zero. If you have no intention of ever buying it again, and just want it gone from your list, click the delete button.
If you do not enable the Confirm purchase option, GetReagents will silently restock your purchase list when the items are available at the vendor. If you would like to decide if the purchases should be made, you can enable this option. GetReagents will open a dialog asking for permission to buy the items.
If you would like even more control over what GetReagents purchases, or are simply curious how many of what are being stocked, you can also enable confirmation details. If enabled, the confirmation window will list each reagent it wants to purchase, and allow you to buy them individually, or simply buy them all.
GetReagents will not stock more than you specify, so if purchasing more will put you over the stock you set, GetReagents will not buy more. For example, vendors sell [Ice Cold Milk] in stacks of 5. If you have a stock of 20 set, and there are 18 in your bags, GetReagents will not make a purchase. However, if you had 13 in your bags, GetReagents would only purchase one stack of 5, for a total of 18.
* While GetReagents and GetReagents_Options both have little memory footprint, if you choose to do so you may disable GetReagents_Options. GetReagents will stock the amount of reagents you have previously set even without the GUI loaded. You will not be able to access the GUI or change reagent values without it, but it is not necessary to be loaded at all times. Many users will have no need to access the GUI after initial setup, and this allows them to free up the memory used by it.
11/25/09: GetReagents will no longer be updated by me. I have created a "Lite" version which can be found here: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info15233-GetReagents-Lite.html GetReagents will likely continue to work fine for quite some time, so there is no need to panic right away. I do apologize for the migration to a lite version, but I no longer have enough time to work on my more in-depth addons. Thank you all for enjoying this, and I hope that my lite version can serve the purpose that this one did for you.
- Moved bad itemid sanity check to an earlier occurrence to prevent them from slipping through and erroring.
- Fixed nil value error when deleting a reagent.
- Introduced an option to change the background color of the confirmation window.
- New option to show detail on the confirmation dialog, which will list a breakdown of each reagent to be purchased, with the ability to purchase them individually.
- Removed slider for setting quantity, replaced with an edit box, allowing the user to enter any number they wish (cap removal).
- Enlarged the delete button.
- Inset confirmation options, so they hopefully appear to be more like suboptions of the parent checkbox.
- Added several tooltips for various components to help further explain their functionality in-game.
- Eliminated redundant tables with frames in them for quantity editing. I'm not sure why they were a good idea to begin with...
- Fixed (now) redundant hiding of reagent editing controls.
- Added visual feedback for each menu item, displaying the quantity currently set.
- Removed the Add button for itemid-based adding of reagents. You can simply press the enter button to add the item.
- Simplified the text in the itemid-based reagent adding edit box, as the new tooltips provide the extra information.
- Cleaned up addon description page.
- Add /reagents [itemlink] to add an item to the purchase list without need for obtaining the itemID.
- Modified add reagent text to indicate reagents can be added with a slash command.
- Moved reagent delete button to a more intuitive location.
- Removed current stock display from slider caption.
- Added dynamically updated edit box with which exact stock can be set.
- Ensured edit boxes can only be submitted with proper values (I think I caught them all).
- Force edit box hint text to return after focus leaves the control.
- Shortened a few variable names.
- Removed erroring poison itemid's from pre-loaded reagent list.
- Added a check so as not to error from a bad itemid, and remove it from the reagent list as well. If this occurs, you will receive a chat message informing you of the item's removal.
- Fixed pre-loaded reagent persistance. Pre-loaded items will remain deleted after you delete them now.
- Fix for confirmation math. *makes more coffee* >.>
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com