README FIRST: This addon is outdated and will probably not be updated. For post-Wrath guides, look to the Wow Pro addon.
This addon is a plugin to the TourGuide module. It provides a still-growing set of guidebooks relating to Daily Quests in the Northrend area.
There are 'Part' guides, written to serve a single purpose. For example, all quests relating to the Argent Crusade reputation.
Then there are 'Loop' guides, which combine pieces of the 'Part' guides to provide for a full day's worth of questing. Also, these 'Loop' guides might be catered to serve a specific goal. For instance, there is a Loop whose aim is obtaining maximum reputation with various factions, while another Loop simply aims for maximum gold.
You will need the base TourGuide addon for this to plug into. Next, it is recommended you also have LightHeaded and either TomTom or Cartographer. These are to help with coordinates and provide waypoint arrows. While you can use guides without these tools, you will be restricting yourself tremendously.
Version-wise, this guide pack is known to work with version 18.104.22.168-Beta of TourGuide.
All planned 'Part' guides for Alliance, Horde, and Neutral factions are implemented.
Basic 'Loops' have been implemented for both Horde and Alliance side, though Horde side routes are not optimized. I would love to hear people's suggestions for daily quest Loops, as everyone has their own take on what's worthwhile to do and what not.
The Tourguide framework was not designed with rotating daily quests in mind, but for leveling quests that always remain the same.
This set of guides uses the the Tourguide syntax in manners unapproved by Tekkub. At the moment though, it is the only way to handle certain situations relating to optional quests with multiple objectives.
It is possible that these unblessed syntax variations may be patched from working at a future date. That has not happened yet, but it is a possibility to consider. Should a new revision of TourGuide break these guides, I request that please you DO NOT bother Tekkub about the matter.
As of now, this set of guides is known to operate under TourGuide version 22.214.171.124-Beta. (2009-08-25).
If you have found this guide pack to be a useful way to complete your daily quests, for that you might let Tekkub know. Though it was not a goal of the original design, perhaps if there is enough expressed interest, the TG syntax can be one day expanded to truly support rotating, multi-stepped dailies in an approved manner.
Updates to this addon are published only to wowinterface.com. If the addon is found elsewhere, it's not being put there by me, and may be obsolete. I suggest keeping up to date with this addon and others on WoWInterface by utilizing the "Minion" tool, available at http://minion.mmoui.com
Please direct all feedback to email@example.com
You may also find me in-game as 'Flawlessa' on Shu'Halo-US
A big thank-you to Tekkub for creating the TourGuide framework,
and making the data format open for others to use and roll their
own guides from.
* Add: 3.2 - Argent Tournament Silver Covenant guide stubbed, but not yet available
* Add: 3.2 - Argent Tournament Sunreavers guide stubbed, but not yet available
* Push: Version '3.2 - 2009-09-08 14:30'
* Fix: Typo in A Hero's Headgear
* Fix: A Hero's Headgear turn-in textaddendum
* Fix: Strength of the Tempest QID mismatch
* Fix: A Hero's Headgear QID mismatch
* Push: Version '3.2 - 2009-08-29 17:00'
* Fix: Coordinate typos in Tools of War
* Fix: 3.2 - The Blastbolt quests are no more. Removed.
* Fix: 3.2 - Crok Scourgebane scootled over a few step on the map.
* Fix: 3.2 - Cult of the Damned now required for Taking Battle to Enemy quest
* Fix: 3.2 - Converted Hero's now needed for Valiant's Field Training.
* Add: 3.2 - Argent Tournament Crusader guide stubbed, but not yet available
* Fix: Clarified Rejek's First Blood quest steps.
* Fix: Typo for Sholazar zone in Ghostfish quest.
* Fix: Typo in Argent Tournament quests
* OK: 3.2 - Verified Troll Patrol timer hack still works, upped info note.
* Push: Version '3.2 - 2009-08-29 17:00'
* Note: ZERO changes made to guide content.
* Chg: Change versioning scheme to "<WoW version> - <Date>"
* Chg: Bumped TOC for 3.2
* OK: Syntax kludges verified still working with TourGuide 126.96.36.199-Beta
* Fix: Slimmed down guide titles for those who cannot expand their UI window.
* Fix: Removed Hints and Tips guide. Consider forwarding the repeated new
users requests for the information it contained to the master players
who decree it unnecessary.
* Fix: Removed the evil license text from impressionable eyes.
* Fix: license terms made slightly more boilerplate.
* Done: Placed disclaimer on addon webpage regarding use of
non-blessed syntax kludges within these guides. In short,
Tourguide framework was not designed to handle the type of rotating
dailies content found in BC & WotLK. Hopefully the ability
to use these kludges does not get removed in future editions of
TourGuide, but just-in-case, I am putting out an advance notice to
users. Tekkub's response to my bug report can be found on the
TourGuide bug tracker at:
* Push: Version '3.2 - 2009-08-25 16:30' ("Addon Purists' Release")
* Add: Getting Started/Helpful Hints statements
* Fix: distribution site notice enclosed and license terms clarified
* Fix: mini-cleanups prior to new posting today.
* Done: filed framework issue on Tekkub's site. Await response.
* Fix: -HUGE- route optimization for MaxGold Loop (Alliance-side)
* Fix: Song of Reflection multi-step, auto-ending fix (Neutral)
* Fix: Song of Cleansing multi-step, auto-ending fix (Neutral)
* Fix: Break the Blockade multi-step, auto-ending fix (Alliance)
* Fix: Learning the Reins multi-step, auto-ending fix (Both)
* Fix: Aces High step fix (Neutral)
* Fix: Defending Wyrmrest Temple multi-step, auto-ending fix (Neutral)
* Fix: Cheese for Glowergold missing objectives (Both)
* Fix: typo in Arne's Mini-Loop (Alliance)
* Fix: previous Sons of Hodir fixes pushed to all applicable Loops (Neutral)
* Todo: optimize Horde MaxGold loop in similar manner to Alliance
* Add: Simple header and footer dividers in index. Lists addon rev for debug.
* Fix: route optimization and note fixes for Sons of Hodir quests
* Done: after testing various permutations with multi-steps, use C not K
* Fix: Blowing Hodir's Horn multi-step, auto-ending fix
* Fix: Ebon Blade quests lacking QIDs
* Fix: Audit and fixes for remaining C steps lacking QIDs
* Fix: Better descriptions and coords for dozens of quests
* Done: tool for mass-corrections to Loops created (devtool)
* Todo: settle on K or C for multi-step quests
* Add: Mini Loop - Arne's Daily Haters' Hodir Loop (neutral)
Thank-you to Arnemetia Shu'Halo-US
* Fix: Deactivated Loops' Profile 2 & 3 stubs until they will be used
* Add: Full Loop - Max Gold Profile 1 (Alliance)
* Add: Full Loop - Max Gold Profile 1 (Horde)
* Add: Full Loop - Min Time Profile 1 (Alliance) - clone of MaxGold Loop
* Add: Full Loop - Min Time Profile 1 (Horde) - clone of MaxGold Loop
* Fix: Typo in Overstock quest
* Fix: Intermingling in Ebon Blade Intelligence and Corpses quests
* Add: Mini Loop - Flaw's Short Loop Profile 1 (Horde)
* Add: Full Loop - Max Rep Profile 1 (Horde)
* Add: Concept of the "Mini Loop". More than a Part, but not a full day either
* Add: Mini Loop - Flaw's Short Loop Profile 1 (Alliance)
* Fix: PreExisting Loop stubs promoted to Full Loop status
* Fix: Remove the Test guide from package
* Todo: tool for mass-corrections to Loops, before things get out of hand.
* Fix: Horde Cooking quests should point to Filthy Animal, not Hero's Welcome
* Add: Icecrown No-Rep, Gold-Only Part (Horde)
* Add: Warsong Offensive Part (Horde)
* Fix: Typo in Venture Coins Part (Alliance)
* Add: Venture Coins Part (Horde)
* Fix: Removed unnecessary Stop note from Venture Coin Part (Alliance)
* Fix: Coordinates typo in Argent Tournament Champions Phase Part (Alliance)
* Fix: Typos in Argent Tournament Champions Phase Part (Alliance)
* Fix: Typos in Argent Tournament Valiants Phase Part (Alliance)
* Add: Argent Tournament Champions Phase Part (Horde)
* Add: Argent Tournament Valiants Phase Part (Horde)
* Add: Argent Tournament Aspirants Phase Part (Horde)
* Add: Argent Crusade Part (Horde)
* Yay: Horde-side quests near match Allied side, making guide creation faster
Uploaded to WowInterface for mass testing: http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info13987-TourGuide-FlawsGuides.html
* Fix: Max Rep Loop 1 (Alliance) - add FrenzyHeart option
* Fix: Max Rep Loop 1 (Alliance) - adjusted to 25 quests
* Add: Cooking Part (Horde)
* Add: Fishing Part (Horde)
* Add: Cooking & Fishing Merged Part (Horde)
* Add: Created skeletons for Horde-only guides
* Add: revamp all naming to handle Horde/Neutral guides
* Fix: Changed every other Part that should actually be "neutral"
* Fix: Hodir quests are neutral
* Todo: determine neutral guides
* Fix: Thrusting Hodir's Spear text overflowing (reporter: Erock@Shu'Halo-US)
* Fix: 3 Hodir quests unavailable until honored/revered
* Argent Crusade Part implemented
* Ebon Blade Part implemented
* Remaining quests in Cooking Part implemented
* Remaining quests in Fishing Part implemented
* Remaining quests in Frenzyheart Part implemented
* Hyldnir Spoils / Brunnhildar Village Part implemented. Ready for testing.
* Oracles quests fleshed out. Ready for testing.
* Fishing Part supporting new quest (Jewel of the Sewer)
* Cooking Part had Mustard Dogs! quest refined
* FrenzyHeart Part gains 2 more quests
* Oracles Part begun
* FrenzyHeart Part begun
* Cooking Part supports new quest (Sewer Stew)
* Wyrmrest Accord Part implemented
* Deactivated most Loop files until later time they can be implemented.
* Kalu'ak Part implemented
* Fishing Part supporting new quest (Dangerously Delicious)
* Cooking Part support new quest (Cheese for Glowergold)
* Frostborn Part implemented
* BUG noted: optional sub-steps not hiding properly when quest not found.
* Max Rep Loop 1 begun.
* Refinement of Initial Addon Structure
* Cooking Part begun (Mustard Dogs!)
* Fishing Part begun (Blood is Thicker)
* Explorers League Part implemented
* Initial Addon Structure
All changes made by Flawlessa Shu'Halo-US unless otherwise noted.