Download
(218 Kb)
Download
Updated: 08-04-09 05:31 PM
Patch for:
Tidy Plates.
Pictures
File Info
Updated:08-04-09 05:31 PM
Created:07-06-09 10:06 AM
Downloads:9,159
Favorites:55
MD5:
Tidy Plates: Simple Theme  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 5.0.1
by: danltiger [More]
Here's another theme for Tidy Plates.

Note: Make sure you've got just ONE Tidy Plates theme enabled in your addons menu, and, that you've got the newest version of Tidy Plates; I'm always breaking/fixing something.
Archived Files (2)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
5
218kB
danltiger
08-01-09 10:37 PM
1
218kB
danltiger
07-06-09 10:06 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Old 02-17-10, 06:09 AM  
danltiger
A Murloc Raider
 
danltiger's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 9
File comments: 1497
Uploads: 21
1. I need the Blizz standard Skull picture included, and positioned in the place where mob level is at the moment.
The two comments before yours are about adding the skull to your copy of the theme.

2. I need the Blizz standard Elite skin included and positioned on it's own default place.
This theme uses a star icon rather than the dragon to indicate 'elite' status. It's part of the theme's cartoony character. You could edit the artwork to add the dragon, but I personally didn't want the dragon, hence the star.

3. I need the name of the mobs in white, so that I can clearly see them.
You could do that with a little coding, by investigating some of the other themes. (Neon does this by hiding the original name text, and using the specialText field for the name;The Blizz UI changes the name text to red when a mob is in combat. )

5. I want the health bars to be as low height as possible and the name text as big as possible, but with balanced dimensions so that the name allows me to see the health that they have.
You'd have to do some graphics editing. Yes, I read that you said that you don't draw, but doing a little copy/paste/stretch might not be so bad for ya. The Gimp is a pretty good option.
__________________
Author Portal
Tidy Plates, Tidy Threat, and Tidy Bar
Last edited by danltiger : 02-17-10 at 06:18 AM.
danltiger is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 07:02 AM  
cerbul
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
Well I like alot what can be done with Aloft from the design point of view, but is not working properly, so wondered if anyone wants/can do anything like that.
cerbul is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-10, 03:28 PM  
galvin
A Theradrim Guardian

Forum posts: 66
File comments: 151
Uploads: 0
Threatplates may be what some of you are looking for. It goes way beyond just being plates for threat. Has a lot of options that aloft has. And the author plans to make name text a color that doesn't change when you're in combat.

Tried aloft but it was crashing my game.
Last edited by galvin : 02-17-10 at 03:28 PM.
galvin is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 12:10 AM  
cerbul
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
To be honest, I don't care if the color changes or not, but it shold be clearly visible in any case, cause someone who wants to target a particular mob should have an easy job trying that.
The theme that is in the picture when hovering my mouse over the "Tidy Plates (3.3)" addon, do have the visual/color configuration that I like but I would really want the skull/elite graphics included, and the name of the mob to be inside the health bar, so that you can see better the plates in big aoe pulls. The lower the height of the plates, the better for targetting in aoe situations.

As for Aloft, after using it a few times the memory usage raises to 10 mb, and the moment I try to modify anything in the way the surrounding border looks like, it can crash the game. So I think it has something to do with modifying border, and with the selecting if you want that border applyed to target only or not.

Oh, and the ThreatPlates graphics are so bad, that I rather use the default blizzard theme.
Last edited by cerbul : 02-18-10 at 12:15 AM.
cerbul is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 06:53 AM  
danltiger
A Murloc Raider
 
danltiger's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 9
File comments: 1497
Uploads: 21
Adding the skull graphics is pretty easy, since the icon is already there, but hidden by default (since I don't like it). You can modify any theme to show it, and I can give you a hand with it, if desired.

Changing the graphics is a bit more complicated and time-consuming. I can also help you do that, too. I do most of my graphical design in Photoshop, but you could get some free software that would do the job. I have sample Photoshop and The Gimp files in the developer's sample.

Cheers!

Originally posted by cerbul
To be honest, I don't care if the color changes or not, but it shold be clearly visible in any case, cause someone who wants to target a particular mob should have an easy job trying that.
The theme that is in the picture when hovering my mouse over the "Tidy Plates (3.3)" addon, do have the visual/color configuration that I like but I would really want the skull/elite graphics included, and the name of the mob to be inside the health bar, so that you can see better the plates in big aoe pulls. The lower the height of the plates, the better for targetting in aoe situations.

As for Aloft, after using it a few times the memory usage raises to 10 mb, and the moment I try to modify anything in the way the surrounding border looks like, it can crash the game. So I think it has something to do with modifying border, and with the selecting if you want that border applyed to target only or not.

Oh, and the ThreatPlates graphics are so bad, that I rather use the default blizzard theme.
__________________
Author Portal
Tidy Plates, Tidy Threat, and Tidy Bar
danltiger is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 12:46 AM  
cerbul
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 52
Uploads: 0
So far this is the closest theme to what I need, and The Gimp program is nice but will take me years to draw the elite graphics to match the positioning

Anyway, as additional information, about those plates, when I have alot of mobs with anmeplates my fps drop really hard, so what would be best way to "replace" only the blizz standard grpahics and maybe positionings, so that I don't have to hit the performance by installing nameplates addons?
Does tidy plates automatically hits the performance, or there is no nameplates addon that doesn't hit performance? Or do those sample themes do not hit performance at all?

The example you gave me about hiding original text and displaying other one will most likely hit the performance, but if text color wouldn't be hard coded, would be nice.
cerbul is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 05:15 AM  
danltiger
A Murloc Raider
 
danltiger's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 9
File comments: 1497
Uploads: 21
Try Skinner; It has nameplate abilities, and may be closer to what you're looking for.

Certain features will always come with a 'performance tax'. Both Tidy Plates and Aloft are packed with features that chomp the CPU. There are possibly other nameplate addons with different feature sets that require less CPU overhead, but you'll have to search for 'em.

Originally posted by cerbul
So far this is the closest theme to what I need, and The Gimp program is nice but will take me years to draw the elite graphics to match the positioning

Anyway, as additional information, about those plates, when I have alot of mobs with anmeplates my fps drop really hard, so what would be best way to "replace" only the blizz standard grpahics and maybe positionings, so that I don't have to hit the performance by installing nameplates addons?
Does tidy plates automatically hits the performance, or there is no nameplates addon that doesn't hit performance? Or do those sample themes do not hit performance at all?

The example you gave me about hiding original text and displaying other one will most likely hit the performance, but if text color wouldn't be hard coded, would be nice.
__________________
Author Portal
Tidy Plates, Tidy Threat, and Tidy Bar
danltiger is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 03:15 PM  
chillipepper
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 4
Uploads: 0
changing plate colors

I'm sorry if this already exists somewhere, I just started trying out this mod and this theme today - and I love it btw, thanks.

Does anyone know if it is it possible to change the default color scheme in combat? I would like to change friendlies to light green and not have enemies color coded by class (have them always red). I'd also like to change neutrals from green to yellow.

I looked through all the lua files, even in the core, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
chillipepper is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-10, 10:58 PM  
danltiger
A Murloc Raider
 
danltiger's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 9
File comments: 1497
Uploads: 21
Re: changing plate colors

Hi there Chilli,

There's a template/demo theme available, which has some documentation about themes: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...Designers.html

What you'll need to do is create a function in the theme's LUA file, which will look something like this:

Code:
local function HealthBarColor(unit)
	if (unit.reaction == "FRIENDLY") then return .7, 1, .7 
	elseif (unit.reaction == "NEUTRAL") then return 1, 1, 0
	else return 1, 0, 0 end
end
(The three numbers after each 'return' represent the RGB color channels.)

Add some code to link that function in the theme:

Code:
TidyPlatesThemeList["Simple"].SetHealthbarColor = HealthBarColor
That should do it! PM me if you have issues, or a lengthier explanation.

Originally posted by chillipepper
I'm sorry if this already exists somewhere, I just started trying out this mod and this theme today - and I love it btw, thanks.

Does anyone know if it is it possible to change the default color scheme in combat? I would like to change friendlies to light green and not have enemies color coded by class (have them always red). I'd also like to change neutrals from green to yellow.

I looked through all the lua files, even in the core, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Thanks in advance.
__________________
Author Portal
Tidy Plates, Tidy Threat, and Tidy Bar
danltiger is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-10, 08:33 AM  
chillipepper
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 4
Uploads: 0
Great!

Excellent, thank you thank you!
chillipepper is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 01:00 AM  
Cldmani
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
First of all, Thank you for making this. I'm really loving this simple, yet elegant skin for tidy plates.

I just got a simple question. Would it possible for you to make an update so it shows the HP % of the target on the right side of the health bar?

Would greatly appreciate it =)
Cldmani is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: