|Go to Page...|
What does it do?
This is an addon for those who want help at figuring out what items are upgrades, and are tired of/don't understand complex spreadsheets.
It is made for DPS and healing.
To enable the addon for a character, type "/aue" and select if you want to show stats for DPS and\or healing.
How does it work?
The addon will first scan your current gear and check your talents to figure out the value of each stat for you. To help figure out the value for each stat, the addon uses a preset DPS rotation depending on class and specc. This DPS rotation is gathered from combat logs of good players at WoW Meter Online.
The addon will then print out a list with the value of each stat and how important each ability is to your DPS, next to your character window.
In addition to the preset DPS rotation, you can make your own rotation for increased accuracy. This requires Recount to be installed, as AUE will use the Overall fight datas from Recount to make the DPS rotation.
When you mouseover an item the addon will calculate what your total stats would be if you replace your current item with the mouseovered one, and then check if it would be better or worse.
The resultat is printed at the bottom of the item tooltip, and you can have an explanation in the tooltip for what makes it an upgrade\downgrade(what stats would increase\decrease). The upgrade\downgrade result is also colored in a fitting color (red for downgrade, green for upgrade).
The addon is not as accurate as a real spreadsheet, but the difference should be small. It is ment for those who care about gearing properly, but don't want to use complex spreadsheets like those on Elitist Jerks. This addon is completely automatic and 100x easier to use than any spreadsheet, but in return it is a bit less accurate. Thus it fits good for raiders who are dedicated but not hardcore.
Personally, these are the things I like the most with this addon:
1: You dont need a new spreadsheet for all your alts when you try out new classes. Just enable the addon and go.
2: Whenever you see an interesting item you can see at once if it's an upgrade. No more "sec, I need to check my spreadsheet", no time spent on building an upgrade list for new raid instances, no trouble trying to figure upgrades all by yourself.
3. The addon automatically saves all upgrades found to an internal upgrade list. With Atlasloot Reverse installed AUE will also save the drop spot with the item, making a list of what items you need in every instance. Is your alt done with heroic farming? Should you join that TotC 10 pug? Check your AUE list.
4: The stat values and calculations scale with your gear and buffs. Sometimes as a healer you might want to change a bit of gear depending on buffs in the raid. As a DPS this makes the addon more accurate than using standard stat values.
5. The addon will automatically check how much value you can get from a blue quality gem in empty sockets, and take them into calculations. That way it's alot easier to figure the value of an item with empty sockets.
6. When you have figured wether an item is an upgrade or a downgrade, you can quickly figure from the item stat difference what makes out the upgrade\downgrade. Why is that item an upgrade when you lose spell power and crit from wearing it? Maybe it's because you really need that hit rating?
7. Tooltips will also tell you if an item is on the upgradelist for any of your alts. This way, all your chars could shop upgrades for any char on AH.
ONLY SUPPORTS ENGLISH CLIENTS
- Text from Ratingbuster and Wardrobe appears twice in tooltips.