A smallish addon that started out with a third option in the LFM window (players/groups selection, added "all"), but then grew into sticky LFG/LFM while relogging, dinging and grouping with the option (via button on the LFG pane) of pausing your LFG/LFM choice and restoring it to the previous setting with one click.
It also tries to parse the comment of groups for "# heal"/"heal"/"# tank"/"tank"/"# dps"/"dps" and fills that into the columns. (And it parses a special comment "?D#T#H#-" into the columns, but doesn't offer a way yet to set that up via buttons...)
This addon does inevitably cause taint and blocked action messages due to Blizzard's (still faulty) dropdown menu implementation. There's nothing about it that I can do besides completely duplicating the whole LFG interface, and that's currently quite some more work than I'm willing to put into this.
It seems that you can avoid being blocked on all other unit frames by being blocked on one, therefore I suggest to focus *yourself* (with the menu of your player frame) to force the Blizzard code to initialize itself properly - then your target/party/raid frames should be working.
FLFTAQ (Frequently lazily failed-to-ask question):
"I just want the 'all' thing, can I avoid the other stuff?"
If you enable the storing of pause mode across sessions (with '/sanelfg config pausesave' or the cycle button menu), clear your LFM and your LFG choices, and then enable pause with an empty LFG/LFM sheet, then it won't do anything further besides the 'all' feature.
Future plan: Include a more comprehensive mixed mode where you select *multiple* dungeons and *all* are shown. (I.e.: Looking for trial of the crusader, normal or hero => show all groups for both.) This is not that simple due to some restrictions on the server side (hardware event requirement).
(see Changelog.txt in archive for older entries)
- Pause status is now stored per char instead of globally
- added cycling through stored LFG set
- fixed incomplete level-up handling when in Pause mode
- initializing to "all" now also happens if started in Pause mode
- if a comment is set, a small "+" is shown left of the level column
- on only viewing groups, the member # has been corrected to the original position
- SaneLFG LFM entry tooltip: added an option to always use this routine, even if not in full mixed mode
- SaneLFG LFM entry tooltip: comment color can be set (to differentiate it more clearly)
- cycle tooltip: now shows immediately the first time you hover over the button, the following times delayed 5 seconds
- added the cycling function in key bindings
- heroic instance names should now be properly setup
- added output to LFM restore to inform the user if LFGQuery() could (not) be sent
- after leaving a party, the restore is now delayed by 30 seconds
- when paused, a tooltip on the button on the LFG tab indicates which state will be restored
- tooltips: should now output " -- none -- " for no selection (instead of ?0)
- corrected a bug when checking if all LFG data is available
- full-mixed-mode: cycle button can now work off the custom LFM set
- full-mixed-mode: now honors role filters
- full-mixed-mode: fixed not functioning scrolling
- colorization: dungeons/raids that are currently in lockout are colored red
- menu: separators now state what the scope of the next block of options is (global/per char)
- menu: option for cycling in mixed mode named more clearly
- lockout colorization: now also for the LFM tab
- workaround #3 for Blizzard's inconsistency in lockout name vs. LFG name of a dungeon...
- workaround #4 for Blizzard's inconsistency in lockout name vs. LFG name of a dungeon...
- added new per-char option "On login, start with PAUSEd LFG" (default: no)
- on restoring after leaving a group, instances the char is saved to are dropped, unless the new global option "Keep LFG entries, even if saved to it" is on (default: off)