MagnetButtons is addon that can create any number of action buttons. Any MagnetButton can be individually moved around (anywhere) on the screen, and will also "magnetically-lock" to any side of another MagnetButton. MagnetButtons makes use of "pages". A page is a group of buttons displayed at the same time. Only one page is displayed at any one time.
Manipulating Buttons and Keyboard Bindings
There is a key binding called "Create Button", for making empty buttons. Assign a key to the key binding. To create a new empty button, press the key you assigned to the key binding.
Press Shift+RightClick (over the button) to display a button's properties frame; allowing you to change the scale, change the page, or delete the button.
Press Control+RightClick (over the button) to drag buttons around. Buttons can be changed at anytime by using them as a drop target. There is no pickup of the old item though; move the old button instead and create a new empty button for your new button.
Pressing the "Alt" key over a button will show you it's tooltip.
MagnetButtons supports up to 5 pages per character. By default all buttons are created on the current page. Any buttons from earlier version will appear on page 1 initially. To switch to the next available page use the "Show Next Page" key binding.
The "Show Next Page" key binding will go to the next page (skipping unused pages). There are actually 6 pages. Pages 1-5 are for buttons. Page 6 is always blank. A "Show Next Page" will go to the next highest page, eventually wrapping back around to page 1.
MagnetButtons supports using specific targets for a button. Targets can be set in the button's properties.
Changes Version 0.7.2
* The highlighting around a button, when an aura is applied, was fixed to support buttons with specified targets. The highlighting is now specific to whatever target unit you specify.
* A rarely seen debug message was removed
Changes Version 0.7.1
* Added support to "Set as current target", actually changes the player's target-frame to whatever the button's target is.
Changes Version 0.7.0
* Added support for targeting specific units for a button's action
Changes Version 0.6.6
* Guess what? Versions 0.6.3 through 0.6.6 were still buggy with companions and mounts. With any luck this will be the last bug related to these buttons!
Changes Version 0.6.3
* Fixed a bug that waited for DK presence to cancel before mounting (since that never happens, thus the bug)
* Fixed a bug that saved mounts and companions by their index rather than name. You may need to re-drop these buttons.
Changes Version 0.6.2
* Fixed a rather nasty bug with trying to drop shoot without an equipped ranged item. This fix should also repair any bad button entry's with this problem.
Changes Version 0.6.1
* Added six new key bindings to show specific pages rather than just looping through the pages.
Changes Version 0.6.0
* Fixed a bug in the defaults that caused the "empty page" to be displayed when using a toon with no existing MagnetButtons settings. This made it look like the "Create Button" key binding was not creating buttons, when it actually was (it just that page 1 wasn't visible at the time).
Changes Version 0.5.9
* Fixed setting scale from properties dialog
* Added display pages, using the key binding that was adding in 0.5.8, see main page for more details.
Changes Version 0.5.8
* Added a secure key binding that can toggle the visibility of all the magnet button, even when in combat.
Changes Version 0.5.7
* Added macro names to the button text (of macro buttons).
* Fixed gray-out (usability indication) for consumable items while on a taxi.
Changes Version 0.5.6
* Added reagent counts for consumable spells
* Fixed key binding description text
Changes Version 0.5.5
* By default, the MainMenuBar frame is no longer hidden. There is now a key binding for toggling the display of the MainMenuBarFrame. The toggled state is preserved on a per-character basis across sessions.
Changes Version 0.5.4
* Fixed canceling of shapeshifted forms when clicking a mount (instead of the error message)
Changes Version 0.5.3
* Fixed Item counts, will show item charges now
* Gray-out of mount buttons while unusable (indoors)
* Fixed tooltips (remember these only show when you press the "Alt" key)
Changes Version 0.5.2
* Added support for mounts and critters (companion buttons).
Changes Version 0.5.1
* Buttons used to be disabled while on a vehicle, then reenabled when leaving the vehicle. This is a problem when leaving the vehicle during combat. This feature was removed.
Changes Version 0.5.0
* Significant changes!! Your old buttons will not transfer to this new version!!!
* Macro buttons are supported now!
* Pet-Action buttons and companion/mount buttons are (for the time being) not supported!
* Fixed a major bug causing the clients to lock-up when a large number of combat log events was received in a short period of time.
* Several other minor glitches were fixed.
* The MainMenuBar frame is now AUTOMATICALLY hidden, with the exception of the bags and MicroMenuBar buttons which remain where they would normally be. This will be adjustable in future version, but is always-on in this version. Whatever program you were using before to hide the main menu bar (assuming you did so), should no longer try to hide these frames.
* Tooltips are only visible if the ALT key is being held down before moving the mouse over the buttons. This is likely to change, or be configurable in future versions.
Changes Version 0.4.5
* Fixed another bug with item counts and item button usability. Item buttons should be working properly now.
Changes Version 0.4.4
* Added steps to prevent button creation during combat (forbidden by Blizzard)
* Removed some protected code issues associated with button creation and movement (these actions are not permitted during combat).
* If pet "comes in to existence", in combat... Pet buttons can not be created, Blizzard will not allow it. So buttons are now being displayed properly after combat is over. I believe that there is a better fix... An expert on the Blizzard forums had a good suggestion, but it will require a bit of a rewrite so this is a short-term fix.
* Fixed item counts and item button usability shading
Changes Version 0.4.3
* Performance improvements
* Fixed flashing for Attack / Auto Shot (auto repeat spells)
* Removed some taint issues
* Fixed a problem where new frames were not reusing old unused frame indices
Changes Version 0.4.2
* Fixed the high resolution bug, all resolutions should now supported.
Changes Version 0.4.1
* Fixed companion checked state. There is still a half second period between casting and having the aura, where the companion button is unchecked. This is listed my bug list.
* Can move unassigned buttons now
* Broke up code in to more files for readability and debugging purposes. I also did this to encourage user supported patches. Please post any patches you code, I will credit your work. Thanks.
* Description correction: Pet buttons are not created with the key bindings, use slash command instead.