Guild Channel is an addon for guilds that use a custom chat channel as their guild chat. It provides an interactive tooltip with detailed information about players in that channel.
The idea of this addon is to be able to stay in touch with alts - without the need to invite them into the main guild.
It is designed for guilds that keep alts in seperate guilds!
- information about who-is-who in the channel (mains/alts)
- information about location, level
- short /gc to post in that channel
- sticky /gc chat channel
- interactive tooltip (whisper, invite player)
- Data Broker support
- CLINK parsing
- on-/offline notice with main-info
- offline notice colored in red if the player was in your party/raid
The tooltip is seperated into 3 zones of players:
1. main characters
2. alts or gamefriends - with the addon installed
3. alts or gamefriends - without the addon installed
Alts in zone 3 get a "?" at first because their mains are unknown. You can set names for them manually - names get shared with other addon users automatically.
- extract Guild_Channel to your Addons folder
- log in as your main
- set your main "as your main" via the minimap-icon
- set the chat channel of your guild
- join the chat channel via "/join channel" if not already joined
- 4.x fixes
- 3.3.5 fixes (/gc working again, etc.)
- fixed minior bug.
- libupdate (fixed a problem with wim)
- fixed blank MOTD on alts.
- MOTD of the main guild is now displayed on alts too.
- TOC update.
- Fixed minior bug after changing the channel.
- Fixed /gc problem on laggy realms after login.(?)
- Fixed a bug for players with classcolors enabled in the chatframe.
- Fixed the minimap-icon toggle.
- Channelname in chatframe is now renamed to [GC] (so the actual channelname does not really matter)
- MinimapIcon-position/status is now stored per character.
- 2 minior bug fixes.