From version 1.4, gMedia is no longer bundled, and needs to be downloaded separately!
This addon is developed for those people that wants a simple mod to manipulate the chatframes to fit their UIs, but don't wish to install major chat addons like Prat or ChatMod. It contains no heavy databases, no highlighting of words, no spamfilters, no nothing.
/gChat - Opens the main options menu
/tt or /wt - Whispers your current target
/tf or /wf - Whispers your current focus target
What does it do?
Hides the buttons and arrows next to the chatframes
Enable the use of the arrowkeys in the editbox
Can move the editbox to the top of the chatframe
Can hide the background of the editbox
Abbreviates the channel names
Prevent the chat from fading out
Outlined and shadowed chat to make it easier to read
How can I configure it?
Access the options from Options -> Interface -> AddOns -> gChat
What is the name of the UI and Addons in your screenshots?
- Updated to work with the WoW 3.3.5 Patch
- Removed timestamps, as these are done properly by the default UI now
- Removed mousewheel scrolling, as this is handled by the default UI now
- Shortened XP reports a bit.
- Now uses gLib 2.4
- Now using gLib's localization handler
- Changed some of the Honor abbreviations, should function in all locales now
- Added a lot of abbreviations, including experience gains (and losses...?)
- Removed gChat:GetName() to gChat:GetCharName() to counter some interesting problems with Auctionator
- Now embeds gLib.
- Modified to use gLib2 and gMedia2
- No longer comes bundled with gLib and gMedia, these 2 libraries are now dependencies
- More abbreviations added for loot, quest rewards and Honor kills
- Now uses gLib.String:Upper() to abbreviate numbered channel names
- New slash commands; /tt and /tf (or /wt and /wf), to whisper target or focus. Credits to Alunora for the original TellTarget code. Modified to avoid input bug when using keybinds, only send the whisper upon releasing the key, as well as fit gChat better in general.
- Removed /resetall and /configure commands
- Option to reset settings to defaults now available via the Interface Options Menu
- Reworked the options and functions to display the clutter
- Fixed a bug with the /resetall command
- Removed "YELL" and "WHISPER" from default sticky channels. Really, who wants to yell as default?
- Last finishing period of a chat line should no longer disappear
- Removed some depracated variables from the default settings
- Added options to remove brackets from chat. This option also removes the brackets from the timestamps.
- Chat abbreviations and timestamps should now persist through zoning
- Made abbreviations compatible with pretty much all locales (in theory), credits to Baine for this!
- gMedia updated, changed the input form of gMedia:panel()
- gLib updated, configuration menus should work again for all users
- Added role icons for Dungeons to the chat.
- Gave the editbox a glowing shadow in the relevant chat type color when neonchat is activated
- Added functionality that makes all channels available as sticky channels (Speak directly in Officer, Trade, etc when pressing ENTER)
- Removed the references to /setmain and /clearalias from the main menu
- Alias functionality removed. Proved to interfere too much with other addons.
- Now unregisters events that are no longer needed
- Fixed a bug that broke the ability to type /afk or /dnd. AFK and DND flags should once more be functional.
- Rewrote the alias routines, and deactivated it when WIM is loaded. Too hard to work around WIM's complete take-over of whispers
- gLib updated to 1.01 to work around some justifyH errors. Changed the manner of a fail-check in gLib:CreateCheckButton() and gLib:CreateText().
- Bugfix needed on the new alias routines. Apparently Blizzard doesn't send your text to the SendChatMessage() command when it's typed via the editBox, so some major ghettohacks were needed to make it work in most scenarios. Not happy.
- Dependant on gLib. Code to create UI elements and Interface Options Panel removed, since gLib does this.
- New feature: Added /setmain and /clearalias commands to set and show your main character when playing on your alts
- Settings should once again be saved between sessions
- Moved ChatFrameEditBox's gMedia:panel() call to the ADDON_LOADED() event handler
- Changed some values in the gMedia:panel() call to nil
- Fixed a line of text in the options menu that was larger than it should be
- Added some brackets to faulty truth/false checks
- Fixed a spelling error, probably made some new ones
- Added a custom EditBox with neon effects. Credits to Mikma.
- Changed Party Leader to Dungeon Guide, added abbreviation
- Added an unholy dependence on gMedia... *gasp*
- Some more stuff I've totally forgotten
- Changed the colors of all gAddon names
- Added an option to show the bottom arrow when not being at the bottom of a chat frame
- Added the ability to move the chatframe clutter to the right side of the chat frame
- Changed some of the default settings
- Options for showing timestamps and abbreviating channel names now work as intended
- Split the options for outlined and shadowed chat for greater customization
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com