This addon allows you to toggle into mouse look mode.
This free first and second mouse buttons we can assign together with ctrl, shift and alt modifiers.
Think of it like you gained Quake style controlling. I changed A and D buttons to strafe, so all control is like good shooter - mouse to rotate, mouse buttons to fire and A,S,W,D to move. You do not need to keep right mouse down to rotate.
Moving your mouse will rotate your character.
Together with first and second mouse buttons it allows you to keep character specific bindings in one place.
There are 2 type of bindings: Usual bindings managed in the MC_BUTTONS_LIST and bindings that will override standard when switching into mouse look mode MC_ML_BUTTONS_LIST.
Same time it supports dual-spec bindings, by switching spec it will reassign spec specific actions on the fly.
To toggle I personally use CTRL-SPACE, my friend use additional small button on his logitech mouse.
You may notice Left and Right buttons bindings in the config - it is back and forward button on my VX revolution mouse reassigned to left/right in the logitech SetPoint utility.
All together allows me to have minimal action buttons on the screen - only actions I do not use frequently. All combat actions is button assigned, game reinstall proof, all characters bindings managed in single place.
Bindings loading sequence is:
For MC_BUTTONS_LIST and MC_ML_BUTTONS_LIST
1. Load DEFAULT bindings for any class. (I use set/clear focus general binding)
2. Load class default bindings, e.g. ROGUE
3. If dual-spec purchased - load/override class default with spec bindings if specified. E.g. ROGUE1 and ROGUE2 bindings.
In order to change bindings check config.lua
1. Mouse look toggle binding. (My personal favorite is CTRL-SPACE)
2. Default class independent bindings. (I use only focus macro)
3. Class specific bindings (all in one place)
4. Mouse Look mode bindings (Quake style) e.g. Button1 cast spell, Button2, CTRL-Button1 ...
(With CTRL, ALT and SHIFT) it gives you 8 combinations you cannot use without this mode.
5. Dual-spec override possibility, e.g. Mouse button 1 in combat spec casts Sinister Strike, in assassination casts Mutilate.
Assign mouse look toggle binding in the standard blizzard UI. (My personal favorite is CTRL-SPACE)
In order to make changes or add classes/spec edit config.lua
1. Config UI
2. Probably split configs per class/spec in order to allow users to simply adding new class configs.
3. Profile loading if users will need it.
1. CTRL-SPACE as mouse toggle
2. Mouse back/forward buttons remapped using external utility to left/right in order to allow to use all modifiers (Default Back button is ALT+Left so we using at least one modifier)
3. Once you make bindings - print it and place near keyboard/monitor. After a bit of time you will do all actions faster then ever and automatically.
Start dominating in raids and pvp! &Frag'em ALL!
I recommend CooldownWatch addon to keep and eye on cooldowns and OPie addon to access professions and trade skills, Raid Marks, Minimap Tracking without keeping this things always on the screen.
1.4.0RC1: Fixed patch 4.0.1 issues.
1.3.0SP1: Fixed override bindings problem.
1.3.0GA: First public release. Dual-spec specific bindings added. All bindings moved into config.lua.
1.2PVT: Private Release. Implemented mouse lock toggle code. Removed dependency from patched Mouse_Look_Lock. Thank you Trimble Epic.
1.1PVT: Private Release. Class specific configurations added.
1.0PVT: WOTLK Private Release. Well, actually there was first release for WOW vanilla for me and my friend only,
then TBC release for me only and then WotLK release for me and my friend =)
xxPVT: TBC Private Release.
xxPVT: WOW Vanilla Private release.