This oUF layout works standalone. You won't need anything other than this download.
Please delete any previous version of oUF_Taroven from your AddOns directory before updating. Note that library issues have been fixed, you can remove any modules/libs that may have given you issues before.
oUF_Taroven is an oUF layout written for personal usage. As such, it has no config to speak of aside from a bunch of variables at the top of the file. I'm always happy to help with any questions or issues you have with it, but the level of support I can provide is pretty limited.
* Clean, compact, and visible. This layout was originally intended for PvP usage and has evolved to easily handle PvE healing and DPS without information overload.
* Custom positioning code for both buffs/debuffs and raid frames for minimal necessary tweaking. The raidframes are sized and spaced according to the width of the player/target frames. Buffs and debuffs adjust their placement accordingly as well - No manual setting of the number of buffs/debuffs, no manual adjustment of raidframe size needed. Everything should just slide into place if you want to make things larger/smaller.
* Custom dispellable-debuff and threat display, using the frames' shadow. If a unit has a debuff that you can dispel, the frame glows the debuff's color. Otherwise, the frame glows according to the unit's threat situation if it is tanking, or close to pulling aggro.
* Party frames: Simple and clean. Cast bars are overlaid on health bars. Buffs are filtered to only show what you have actually cast, no proc effects to clutter things. Debuffs are unfiltered and placed where they won't get in the way too much.
* Raid frames: Built with healing in mind. Rather than use the standard indicator system, the raid frames show bars for your most important healing spells. A simple stack counter for Lifebloom, Earth Shield, and Prayer of Mending shows where the spells are and their status - Red for 1 stack, Yellow for 2 stacks, Green for 3+ stacks.
Druid: Top = Wild Growth. Bottom = Regrowth, Rejuvenation, and Lifebloom. Stacks = Lifebloom.
Paladin: Bottom - Sacred Shield, FoL HoT timer.
Priest: Top = Grace. Bottom - Weakened Soul, Renew. Stacks = Prayer of Mending.
Shaman: Bottom = Riptide. Stacks = Earth Shield.
* This layout does not include an in-game configuration and has very few configurable options (all of which located at the top of oUF_Taroven.lua).
* This layout is built for personal usage. Things can and will change, options will likely never be easier to access.
* If you find a bug, consider it fixed upon report. The comments section here is a good place to start.
* Again, this layout is only released and maintained due to request from friends and guildmates. If you want a feature, I'm happy to help you add it (and it may end up in a future release), but I will not add features for the sake of adding them.
* Asking for help with minor tweaks is best done after attempting to tweak it yourself, and I will assume that you have at least some knowledge of Lua when giving you an answer.
v1.7: Lots of work on names and auras. No need to delete anything this time around.
* Dispellable debuffs now color the health bar in addition to the normal border glow. This was mainly prompted by diseases being nearly the same color as warning-level threat (Lich King, I'm looking at you), and looks pretty good if you ask me.
* Shamans that cannot cleanse curses no longer have curses highlighted. No performance impact, the related code is only fired at login/reloadui and talent changes.
* Converted the name/health deficit and stack indicator text to tags.
* Added Vigilance via the stack incidicators for Warriors (shows a green 'V' for yours, or a grey 'v' for others).
* Shaman Earth Shield stacks now show red for 1/2 stacks, yellow for 3/4 stacks, and green for 5+. Other Shamans' Earth Shields will now show in grey. You can change this to only show your own at line 319. Earth Shield stacks shouldn't show at all if you don't have it talented.
* The party frames once more show for 5-man raids. Thanks for the state code, Sojik.
* Fixed a mostly harmless Lua error involving health updates trying to go to bars that the layout doesn't handle.
v1.6: As always, delete oUF_Taroven from your addons directory before updating. Not a huge deal this time around though.
* Updated oUF to 1.4, compatibility changes as necessary.
* Updated LibHealComm-4.0 to v1.6.6 (6/28/10).
* Removed LibWrapperHealComm-1.0 from libs. If someone out there is still using HealComm-3, it's about damn time for them to update their addons. You may still use LWHC-1.0 standalone.
* Removed remainders of partypet support.
* Removed maintank code until I can get it working. (It didn't do anything in the first place, so no visible change here)
* Heal-over-time spells should no longer show as '+0' on the raid frames.
* ToT now displays debuffs in the same style as focus debuffs. Mostly a tank-oriented change.
* Killed off the raid/party hide code, in favor of using header states. 5-man raids will show as a raid instead of using the party bars, but logging in while in combat should use the proper frameset now.
* Bosses that change phases or enrage at certain health percentages will have those percentages overlaid on the target health bar. At the moment this only applies to ICC bosses. I'll add more as I come across them.
Note: This matches by English name, if you use another locale you'll need to translate the names yourself. This does not pay attention to zone or raid - If you come across the Lich King in other instances or quests, you'll notice this. I may add a raid check later on when more bosses are added to the list, but for now it's not anything I'd bother with.
v1.5: Rewrite. Bugs may bite thee in the arse, but expect much better framerates.
* Fixed some screwy XML, which in turn fixed the random embed issues people were having. Sorry bout that.
* oUF_HealComm has been removed and replaced with custom code. oUF_HealComm support has been COMPLETELY REMOVED. HealComm is directly embedded now.
- Hots and direct heals are tracked on separate bars. Hots are a different color and will not show in the incoming heal numbers.
- Heal bars should only be present for player, focus, party, and raid.
- HealComm code is a little more efficient due to being tailored for the layout.
* Slimmed and trimmed the layout in many spots. Many portions of the layout are far more efficient. Hopefully a big fps increase in raids.
- player and party are now the only unit to get frequentUpdates for anything. Raid is easy to change if you need it.
- Removed AuraTracker support entirely.
- Removed partypet support entirely.
- Raid and secondary units (*targets) no longer have castbars.
* Each unit now uses some basic settings from styleFunc, but has its own function defining specifics - It's so much easier to change things now, I'm wondering why the heck I never did this before.
* Now using PostUpdateHealth instead of Override. Hopefully fixes issues with raid members under max health in Gunship turrets and similar situations.
* Several minor layout tweaks to make things less cluttered and more consistent.
* Added Beacon of Light to the Paladin raidframe bars (top edge, teal).
* If you're wondering about the version bump, there were a couple guild-release revisions in between this and 1.2.
v1.2: Local copy update.
* Made some changes to the layout. Focus and focustarget are under the player frame. ToT and ToToT are under the target. Pet is to the left of the player (with player-casted buffs above). Raid and party have seen minor tweaks but remain much the same.
* Player and target health have moved to the inner area of the frames. While I love the HUD feeling they provided before, they really were getting in the way and I wasn't finding them useful except for heroism calls.
* Player buffs are gone for good. Target buffs have been flipped downwards. Focus debuffs are present directly to the focus frame's right (still needs slight adjustment).
* Changes here and there to icon/info positioning. Stack counters are on the left/bottomleft instead of bottomright, etc. Some things still need a better spot, but it looks good for now.
* Name shortening is about as good as it'll get without using UTF8.
* General prettification.
* Screenshots for this release aren't exactly optimal, I haven't been good about keeping the really good ones around.
v1.1: This is what I get for having a guildie request a font size change.
* oUF and all relevant plugins are now embedded. You may remove oUF and any included plugins from your Addons directory (recommended).
* Updated oUF_Healcomm4 to its latest version (Note: Still using a customized version until I can convince the author to plug in some changes)
* Frames now look a lot cleaner. Turns out there were a few frames being duplicated, mucking things up. Those have vanished.
* Party pets may now be enabled/disabled (default = disabled) via a local at the top of oUF_Taroven.lua.
* Removed buffs from the player (your own) frame.
* Priest/Druid/Shaman stack counters are now located on the bottom left of the frames instead of the bottom right. No longer shall your mouse get in the way in a raid.
* Stack counters are now more visible and their font size has increased slightly.
* Consolidated threat and dispel updates into one function. Much less buggy, no more stuck colors, uses less CPU.
* The frame borders have been made less opaque, becoming more visible when the unit has aggro or debuffs are present.
* Cleaned up the code a bit.
* oUF_Readycheck support has been added.
* LFD roles have been added.
* Party pets have been added.
* The leader icon has moved to a more pleasant home.
* Buffs and debuffs have seen a minor overhaul, no more frame clipping.
* Party frame padding is now more dynamic.
* Health updates shouldn't randomly spew errors in BRD (no idea how that was happening in the first place, but hey, whatever).
* The default health color has been changed to a mute teal. The previous green was a little glaring when partypets were involved.
* Various undocumented changes.
- Note: Screenshots haven't been updated for this release, I'll get around to it next time.
* oUF_Healcomm is now embedded rather than included. Thanks yj589794.
* Party names now display as missing health when under 95%, same as in a raid.
* Tweaked the healthbar alpha a little bit. Dunno if my monitor's being odd or what, it seemed a lot darker today... Last table entry on line 187 if you'd like to change it back, was 0.7, now 0.5.
* Name shortening will no longer yell at people with really short names.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com