Minion Beta! - Help us test our new AddOn updater. Get it now!
Download
(8 Kb)
Download
Updated: 05-23-11 03:20 PM
Addon for:
oUF.
Pictures
File Info
Updated:05-23-11 03:20 PM
Created:12-16-09 10:47 AM
Downloads:83,239
Favorites:288
MD5:
oUF: MovableFrames  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 1.16
by: haste [More]
Allows you to move frames/headers created by oUF.

Features
- Doesn't require authors to add support. It just works out of the box.
- Saves frame position on a per layout base.
- Frame position is saved based on closest anchoring point to retain position regardless of scale/resolution.
- Able to save position of frames that have no name.
- Remembers the initial position of frames.
- Let's you easily scale all frames.
- X and Y position and scale can be fine-tuned through the option UI.
- Type /omf to toggle anchors.
- Type /omf <whatever isn't space> to open the UI.

Known Issues and TODO
- Issues @GitHub

Click here to lend your support!
Changes from 1.15
- Handle headers that have no width defined.

Changes from 1.14
- No longer attempts to clear un-used initial positions before the first initial position table has been created.

Changes from 1.13
- Now correctly handles hidden group frames.
- Improved the unit guesswork so partypets, partytarget, maintank and mainassist group should be detected more often.

Changes from 1.12
- Ability to set scale on the frames by dragging an anchor located in the bottom right of the overlay.
- X position, Y position and scale can now be hand-tuned by clicking on the numbers in the option UI.
- Some minor clean-up.

Changes from 1.11
- Group frames will now show the backdrop, even when no frames are displayed.
- Bumped TOC interface version to 40100 (4.1).
- Update the subtitle as it was horribly outdated.
- Several small changes to allow embedding.

Changes from 1.10
- Added support for oUF 1.5.x, and the new header group formats.

Changes from 1.9
- Minor fix to work around events firing even though it's unregistered.

Changes from 1.8
- Should no longer attempt to move party/raid frames several times.
- Updated to work with both oUF 1.3.x and 1.4.x.

Changes from 1.7
- Move the frames back to their initial position when their entry is removed from the UI.

Changes from 1.6
- Yet another round of improvements on the frame name guessing. This will hopefully be the last.

Changes from 1.5
- Largely improved how frame names are guessed and added validation of the guessed names.

Changes from 1.4
- Correctly handle several levels of scaling.
- Also some minor code preparations for saving of default position.

Changes from 1.3
- Properly set the initial height of header frames that don't have any units yet.
- Don't wrap the unit label if the frame is too small to display it.
- Largely improved frame name guessing.

Changes from 1.2
- Made /omf <anything that isn't space> open the frame list interface.
- Child frames (such as party target) are no longer detached from their parents initially. Moving them will however do this.
- Attempt to describe the frames with more sane names. A quick example would be "oUF_PartyUnitButton1Target" that becomes party1target. This is also done in the interface list.

Changes from 1.1
- The frame list will no longer error out on empty data sets.

Changes from 1.0
- Party/raid frames that show the player and player's pet or target no longer gets confused with the real pet/target frame.
- Frames that don't have a legal position on the UI are temporary ignored. The downside with this is that they cannot be positioned until they have one.
Archived Files (16)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
1.15
8kB
haste
05-17-11 02:05 PM
1.14
8kB
haste
05-17-11 04:35 AM
1.13
8kB
haste
05-15-11 05:56 AM
1.12
6kB
haste
05-14-11 06:57 AM
1.11
6kB
haste
10-19-10 03:01 PM
1.10
6kB
haste
10-13-10 11:49 AM
1.9
6kB
haste
06-26-10 07:45 PM
1.8
6kB
haste
01-01-10 09:04 AM
1.7
6kB
haste
12-31-09 06:39 AM
1.6
6kB
haste
12-30-09 10:25 PM
1.5
5kB
haste
12-25-09 01:28 PM
1.4
6kB
haste
12-19-09 05:08 AM
1.3
6kB
haste
12-18-09 06:23 AM
1.2
5kB
haste
12-17-09 05:09 AM
1.1
5kB
haste
12-16-09 04:16 PM
1.0
5kB
haste
12-16-09 10:48 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 12-23-09, 09:27 AM  
bonus00
A Kobold Labourer
 
bonus00's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 21
Uploads: 0
Simply such problem turns out that for me only! The screen monitor old, video a map bad can for me!
bonus00 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-09, 12:31 PM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 982
File comments: 387
Uploads: 26
Originally posted by bonus00
Simply such problem turns out that for me only! The screen monitor old, video a map bad can for me!
The problem is that I asked you five questions that you haven't answered more than 1.5 of. I spent 45min trying to reproduce the issue myself, testing with various UIScales, settings and resolutions without being able to re-create it. I even downloaded oUF_viv and did another round just to make sure. I really can't be arsed to pour any more effort into it now however, as you seem inclined to pour any effort into this yourself.

I've done my share of digging into the issue, and I honestly can't be arsed to spend any more time on it now. I have better stuff to worry about during this time of the year.
__________________
「貴方は1人じゃないよ」
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-09, 01:12 PM  
bonus00
A Kobold Labourer
 
bonus00's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 21
Uploads: 0
Excuse for spent time! I simply thought that photos all will be clear! I badly know English, the problem in our misunderstanding can in it! Once again excuse!
Happy New Year!
bonus00 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-24-09, 04:55 PM  
bonus00
A Kobold Labourer
 
bonus00's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 21
Uploads: 0
mmm It works!!!!Sorrryyy!!!
Ouf_viv.lua file edit
-- scale some frames
77 local PlayerScale = 1 -- player, player pet
78 local TargetScale = 1 -- target, ToT
79 local FocusScale = 1 -- focus, focus target
80 local PartyScale = 1 -- party, party pets
81 local RaidScale = 1
82 local MainTankScale = 1
But, if I change on:
1280x1024 Resolution - local scale = .781
Ups! Works incorrectly!
For 3 day has understood
Last edited by bonus00 : 12-24-09 at 05:03 PM.
bonus00 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-09, 01:29 PM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 982
File comments: 387
Uploads: 26
Originally posted by bonus00
mmm It works!!!!Sorrryyy!!!
Ouf_viv.lua file edit
-- scale some frames
77 local PlayerScale = 1 -- player, player pet
78 local TargetScale = 1 -- target, ToT
79 local FocusScale = 1 -- focus, focus target
80 local PartyScale = 1 -- party, party pets
81 local RaidScale = 1
82 local MainTankScale = 1
But, if I change on:
1280x1024 Resolution - local scale = .781
Ups! Works incorrectly!
For 3 day has understood
That's some of the information I was after when I was asking questions. Solved in 1.5.
__________________
「貴方は1人じゃないよ」
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-09, 08:26 PM  
drgreen
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
castingbar

Why cant I see castingbar when I write /omf ?

Cant move "Main Tank bar" either.
drgreen is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-25-09, 08:44 PM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 982
File comments: 387
Uploads: 26
Re: castingbar

Originally posted by drgreen
Why cant I see castingbar when I write /omf ?
That's really close to impossible to answer without knowing more. But it's probably due to the fact that you get yet another color overlay ontop of it. Why you would want to see it while moving frames around is another question I guess.
Originally posted by drgreen
Cant move "Main Tank bar" either.
1. What layout are you using?
2. What version of oUF_MovableFrames are you using?
3. Can you see the green overlay indicating where its located?
__________________
「貴方は1人じゃないよ」
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-26-09, 08:04 AM  
bonus00
A Kobold Labourer
 
bonus00's Avatar

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 21
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by haste
That's some of the information I was after when I was asking questions. Solved in 1.5.
Thank you!Thank you!Thank you!!!
bonus00 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-09, 11:57 AM  
Epsynus
A Murloc Raider
 
Epsynus's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 22
Uploads: 2
Unhappy i cannot move the castbars

Hello i am using
oUF_Experiment & i cannot move the castbars
i see no anchor for it
__________________
Yharrr mateys
Epsynus is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-09, 12:16 PM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 982
File comments: 387
Uploads: 26
Re: i cannot move the castbars

Originally posted by Epsynus
Hello i am using
oUF_Experiment & i cannot move the castbars
i see no anchor for it
That's because oUF_MovableFrames only supports moving frames, and not individual elements of the frame. If the castbar isn't anchored to the frame it belongs to, then it's really up to the author to supply a way to move it.
__________________
「貴方は1人じゃないよ」
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-09, 05:07 PM  
Epsynus
A Murloc Raider
 
Epsynus's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 7
File comments: 22
Uploads: 2
Re: Re: i cannot move the castbars

Originally posted by haste
That's because oUF_MovableFrames only supports moving frames, and not individual elements of the frame. If the castbar isn't anchored to the frame it belongs to, then it's really up to the author to supply a way to move it.
Oh i see.
thanks for the fast response
__________________
Yharrr mateys
Epsynus is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-09, 08:21 PM  
drgreen
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: castingbar

Originally posted by haste
That's really close to impossible to answer without knowing more. But it's probably due to the fact that you get yet another color overlay ontop of it. Why you would want to see it while moving frames around is another question I guess.

1. What layout are you using?
2. What version of oUF_MovableFrames are you using?
3. Can you see the green overlay indicating where its located?

1. I downloaded ouf and got ouf_alza from the alza ui. I started to test different positions in style.lua, it didnt work. Then i noticed that I could try ouf_movableframes. I tried for awhile, but I didnt see any green overlay on target, player nor the castingbars...

2. The newest!

3. I see green on everything except: target, target castingbar, ToT, player, player castingbar and main tanks.

The casting bar is anchored to my player frame, and my targets casting bar is anchored to my target frame. How do I delete this anchor so I may move the castingbar to where I want?

The strangest thing is that I can move raidframes but not maintank. The raidframes and maintankframes were linked before I did /omf. When I moved the raidframe, the MT frame didnt move. So I tried moving the MT frame individually without no green overlay on it. It was an obvious fail, what do I need to do?

Gonna show a printscreen later today of my addonlist + ouf_movavbleframes green overlays
Last edited by drgreen : 12-27-09 at 08:35 PM.
drgreen is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-09, 06:25 AM  
haste
Featured Artist
 
haste's Avatar
Featured Addon Author

Forum posts: 982
File comments: 387
Uploads: 26
Re: Re: Re: castingbar

Originally posted by drgreen
1. I downloaded ouf and got ouf_alza from the alza ui. I started to test different positions in style.lua, it didnt work. Then i noticed that I could try ouf_movableframes. I tried for awhile, but I didnt see any green overlay on target, player nor the castingbars...

2. The newest!

3. I see green on everything except: target, target castingbar, ToT, player, player castingbar and main tanks.

The casting bar is anchored to my player frame, and my targets casting bar is anchored to my target frame. How do I delete this anchor so I may move the castingbar to where I want?

The strangest thing is that I can move raidframes but not maintank. The raidframes and maintankframes were linked before I did /omf. When I moved the raidframe, the MT frame didnt move. So I tried moving the MT frame individually without no green overlay on it. It was an obvious fail, what do I need to do?

Gonna show a printscreen later today of my addonlist + ouf_movavbleframes green overlays
"The newest" is never the correct answer :P. You have no idea how many times I've seen people say it, even while they are using up to four version behind the current. Anyway, I'll trust you on it.

There's a couple things you have to note tho', oUF_MovableFrames only makes frames movable. Moving of individual elements is something I consider far outside the scope of this add-on. Elements such as castbars is considered a part of the frame, and are not meant to be detached/moved away from it.

Another thing is that the maintank frames are not linked with the raid frames.

A third thing is that anchors are currently not restored to their defaults when you delete the unit entry.

Now the fun part \/. I fetched oUF_ALZA to try this myself, and I can move the frame around just fine (except the castbars for obvious reasons stated above).

Here's a breakdown of the testing:
1.4 and 1.5 - I'm able to move all frames around without any issues.
1.3 - Missing unit labels on several frames, header frames such as party, raidN and maintank are unmovable until a party or raid is entered and maintank is set.
1.1 and 1.2 - All frames are movable, but frame to frame anchoring is not adhered.
1.0 - Errors out.

Please do this instead of providing me with an image of your add-ons:
1. Disable everything except: oUF, oUF_ALZA and oUF_MovableFrames.
2. Check if the issue(s) still remain.
3a. If it still remains give me the version of oUF, oUF_ALZA and oUF_MovableFrames as listed in the TOC file.
3b. If it doesn't remain; Have fun enabling/disabling bulks of add-ons until you can reproduce it. There isn't really much I can do by "looking" at your list of add-ons. Nor do I really want to spend time fetching every single version of everything on that list just to reproduce it.

Why you don't see a overlay on the player/target/targettarget frame is really the only question I'm left with for now. Could you give 1.4 a shot and see if the frames still don't have a overlay? It's possible that there were some regression on that between 1.4 and 1.5.
__________________
「貴方は1人じゃないよ」
haste is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-09, 12:50 PM  
drgreen
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 3
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Re: Re: castingbar

Originally posted by haste
"The newest" is never the correct answer :P. You have no idea how many times I've seen people say it, even while they are using up to four version behind the current. Anyway, I'll trust you on it.

There's a couple things you have to note tho', oUF_MovableFrames only makes frames movable. Moving of individual elements is something I consider far outside the scope of this add-on. Elements such as castbars is considered a part of the frame, and are not meant to be detached/moved away from it.

Another thing is that the maintank frames are not linked with the raid frames.

A third thing is that anchors are currently not restored to their defaults when you delete the unit entry.

Now the fun part \/. I fetched oUF_ALZA to try this myself, and I can move the frame around just fine (except the castbars for obvious reasons stated above).

Here's a breakdown of the testing:
1.4 and 1.5 - I'm able to move all frames around without any issues.
1.3 - Missing unit labels on several frames, header frames such as party, raidN and maintank are unmovable until a party or raid is entered and maintank is set.
1.1 and 1.2 - All frames are movable, but frame to frame anchoring is not adhered.
1.0 - Errors out.

Please do this instead of providing me with an image of your add-ons:
1. Disable everything except: oUF, oUF_ALZA and oUF_MovableFrames.
2. Check if the issue(s) still remain.
3a. If it still remains give me the version of oUF, oUF_ALZA and oUF_MovableFrames as listed in the TOC file.
3b. If it doesn't remain; Have fun enabling/disabling bulks of add-ons until you can reproduce it. There isn't really much I can do by "looking" at your list of add-ons. Nor do I really want to spend time fetching every single version of everything on that list just to reproduce it.

Why you don't see a overlay on the player/target/targettarget frame is really the only question I'm left with for now. Could you give 1.4 a shot and see if the frames still don't have a overlay? It's possible that there were some regression on that between 1.4 and 1.5.
I have now noticed that I could move both player, target + maintanks. I see the green overlay now. Dont know why :S, havent done any changes after i wrote the forum comment. But the problem is now solved except the castingbars..

I really want to move the castingbar, because I dont put so much focus on looking on the castbar. Thats why I NEED IT to be in the middle thx for answering all my question btw.
drgreen is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-09, 06:16 PM  
Freebaser
A Molten Kobold Bandit
 
Freebaser's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 125
File comments: 306
Uploads: 9
Is there a way to override the name given to headers. I spawn 3 different headers in one layout(Raid/party, pets, MTs) and they all have the same name in the option's menu.
Freebaser is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.