Elitist Group's goal is to shift focus away from single scores which don't tell you anything about the users choice of gear. Instead of a single score, Elitist Group shows you a variety of data from the players experience per dungeons and raid (can be broken down by boss), to whether their choice of equipment, enchants or gems fit their spec. You can still see the players average item level as well, but it's not the primary focus and only there to give you an idea of a players gear.
All user data will be compressed on logout to keep the database size more manageable. However, a variety of database management options are included to delete data after a certain period of time, or not save data on people from another server.
Interested in people being able to see your mains experience or request your data, but don't want the entire addon? Take a look at Elitist Group Sender, which does nothing more than respond to experience or data requests.
Slash command: /elitistgroup (/eg) use /eg help for a list of slash commands.
Bugs? Suggestions? Items flagged wrong?
Easiest way to report anything is through the ticket tracker. Should you be reporting an item being flagged incorrectly, make sure you include as much details as to why it's wrong.
How are items categorized?
Based on stats. Spell Power is a caster item, Hit is for DPS, Strength is only for melee dps, Defense for tanks and so on. As you can see in the screenshots, you are given what an items type is. Whether an item is allowed or not is based on spec, meaning Holy Paladins will be flagged for wearing Retribution gear, but a Retribution Paladin will not.
If somebody is missing an enchant or gem, Elitist Group will also tell you that.
To speed up checking out your raid or dungeon group, you can use /eg summary. It will quickly inspect everyone in your group and give you a summarized report on the status of their gear, enchants and gems.
Finished a dungeon, was your tank amazing? Notes will allow you to rate him 1 - 5 and leave a comment for future reference, these can even be synced between your friends or guild. You can leave one note per person, with your most recent note being used. Use /eg rate to open this.
Quickly see how much experience a player has in a particular dungeon or raid, broken down by hard modes and even by pass. For raids, players are experienced after roughly 3 clears and for 5 mans it's around 6 (combined runs, not 6 of each). The scoring is setup to reward full clears. That way, somebody who can only clear the first 4 bosses of 25-man Trial of the Grand Crusader will have to do a lot more clears to be considered experienced, compared to the person who can full clear it.
To make it easier on players, achievements are factored into the experienced weighting. For example, A Tribute to Insanity and The Immortal will count for a full clear. Even doing 25-man Uldaur hard mods will increase your 25-man Ulduar normal mode experience.
No reason your alt should be left out of the fun because you haven't done a dungeon on the character yet. As of v1.5, you can setup a character as your main and whenever people request your data in Elitist Group they will see your mains experience. No more being left out because of an inexperienced alt!
To stop 200 item level blues being worth the same as 200 item level epics, simple modifiers are applied to item level based on quality: -0% epic, -5% blue, -10% green, -40% white, -50% grey. Heirlooms are considered 187 item level blues at 80, or 2.22 item level/per player level.
Suggested dungeons are the lowest item dropped -11% for 5-mans, -10% for normal 10 and 25 mans and a -9% modifier for heroic 10 and 25 mans.
Notes and player data can be synced. Players can request your gear or notes at any time; however, you can disable all communications entirely so you will not send or parse to them. Finer control over what channels to monitor is also included in /eg config, you can set it to not listen for gear requests from party or raid, but still in guild.
While in combat, you will not send or parse comm messages.
To prevent people from corrupting your database, Elitist Group will not accept other players gear data unless the player themselves sent it (Johnny can send his gear data, Steve cannot send Johnny's unless Steve is on your trusted list).
As of v1.5, more complicated syncing has been added to allow you to send your entire user or notes database, see here for information.
Author: Shadowed <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Wed Jun 30 22:09:07 2010 -0700
- Fixed the reported message when loading EA
Date: Tue Jun 29 13:15:50 2010 -0700
- Updated to 6 inspects/11 seconds
- Removed debug prints
Date: Mon Jun 28 23:10:07 2010 -0700
- Added throttling for tomorrows restart to inspection, following changes:
- On login (only shown once), a message is displayed explaining the changes, and blaming Gearscore if you see an unexpected amount of inspect throttled messages
- If you use /eg to inspect someone and you are throttled and don't have data, you'll get a message indicating you have X seconds until inspections are enabled
- Group scanning will account for the throttle and wait until more become available
- Added an option in /eg config that lets you "save" a certain number of inspections that the group scanner won't use, so you can still do normal inspections while the scanner runs
- Everything will take other mods inspections into account, in theory.
Date: Thu Jun 24 13:43:34 2010 -0700
- Added Ruby Sanctum info, the suggested numbers will be tweaked most likely, these will only be enabled if you are on 3.3.5
- Fixed leaked globals
Date: Wed Jun 16 20:07:18 2010 -0700
- Fixed invalid pattern match in group and individual player links
- Fixed talent #615 error in ElitistGroup.lua
- Fixed Scarab Broach being listed as dps, should be healer
- Fixed rare case where a cross server sync would show up as coming from your server
Date: Sun May 16 18:29:54 2010 -0700
- Updating localization is also good I suppose
- Fixed a rare error that can occur on inspection if a players talents are loaded incorrectly
- Added support for the group linking features to ElitistArmory
Date: Thu Apr 29 20:15:09 2010 -0700
- Fixed leaked global
- Fixed spaces not being replaced with a %20 for Elitist Armory URLs, was breaking Chatter linkifying
- Merge: 872c02f 3983f90
- Merge branch 'master' of git.wowace.com:wow/elitistgroup/mainline
- Summary inspects now prioritize those without data
- Added the ability to cap experience points from an achievement
- Synced the experience points with http://elitistarmory.com/experience
- Synced item overrides with Elitist Armory
Date: Thu Apr 1 21:46:42 2010 -0700
- Fixed an error when listing items by slot name rather than item name
Date: Mon Mar 22 09:27:03 2010 -0700
- Added an option in /eg config to reset the /eg summary inspect queue, by default this is disabled (It always processes the inspect queue even closed)
- Merge: ee085ef d5d1707
- Merge branch 'master' of git.wowace.com:wow/elitistgroup/mainline
Date: Sun Mar 21 10:09:12 2010 -0700
- Added Last Word override
Date: Fri Feb 26 16:38:27 2010 -0800
- Fixed an error in group_notes.lua:183 if the notes table wasn't created
Date: Thu Feb 25 14:55:20 2010 -0800
- Added an URL button which will let you link to people on ElitistArmory
- Reporting to chat will now mention that people can lookup their character in more detail on ElitistArmory.com
- Added Scourgebane as a Physical DPS enchant
Date: Mon Feb 15 10:06:45 2010 -0800
- Fixed an error if bad data was set in the database
Date: Sat Feb 13 09:32:19 2010 -0800
- Fixed error when somebody has a Shiny Shard of the Flame/Scale and the other version of it
Date: Fri Feb 5 12:51:56 2010 -0800
- Trying a fix if itemQuality returns nothing, although this shouldn't happen
Date: Tue Feb 2 15:56:19 2010 -0800
- Added info on the main/alts feature when showing the welcome to EG message
- Fixed QueueUnit trying to scan the player
Date: Sun Jan 31 09:45:53 2010 -0800
- Fixed error in scan.lua:444 when using group notes
- Moved to a single OnEnter/OnLeave function
- Updating data will reset who scanned it, fixes scanned by data being "stuck" if somebody synced it
Date: Sat Jan 30 23:37:58 2010 -0800
- Added widget builder, might as well given how much custom UI stuff I'm doing
- Exposed talent texts
- Added hook in for Elitist Group Leader if it's loaded to /eg
- Added support for reporting to custom chat channels
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com