Note: This addon has been rewritten because of the changes to the quest tracker in WoD. Most everything has been re-implemented so far. (Button skinning has not been added yet, for example.)
KNOWN ISSUE: Blizzard's new quest tracker is very delicate and taints very easily, not allowing you to use quest items from the tracker itself. If this happens and a window pops up, click "Ignore". You can use one of several available addons to use quest items. I use the quest items ring on OPie, for example, or there is also QuickQuestItem or ExtraQuestButton or QuestItemButtonFix.
This addon will add many improvements to the new quest tracker frame. The slash command is /wfww. You may also alt-click the tracker's collapse button to access the options.
allows the quest tracker to be moved wherever you please
quest tracker will collapse in whichever direction it's anchored to (just up or down in WoD currently)
quest tracker remembers collapsed state
option to have scrollable quest tracker
adjust the scale of the quest tracker
adjust the font, font size, font flag (outline, etc.), or remove shadow
option to remove the art behind the section titles
adjust the spacing between lines (disabled in WoD currently)
give the quest tracker a background and/or border (border can be class-colored)
optional support for rActionButtonStyler to skin quest item buttons
adds a tooltip for quests to display their objective text
allows you to minimize/maximize (toggle) the tracker via keybind
option to automatically collapse the tracker when entering an instance or during pet battles
shortcuts added to the collapse button (toggle Quest Log, Achievement Frame, addon's options)
global or character specific profiles
With the new quest tracker losing its ability to be moved freely, I set about adding support for it back into my minimap addon, PocketPlot. But it just wasn't as simple anymore with the way it was coded. So, I set out to create a standalone addon (or at least a module for PocketPlot). Originally named Movable WatchFrame, I started adding other features to the addon. Then I had to change its name, because it did much more than just moved the tracker. Thanks to Recompense for suggesting "Who Framed Watcher Wabbit?"
Looking for more?
These are other addons to enhance your questing experience which are tried and tested with WFWW. If you know of any more, let me know via PM and I can add them to this list.
Quelevel: Adds quest levels to the tracker, quest log, and gossip frames
Jobs'a'goodn: Plays sounds upon completion of quests and their objectives
QuestRouterLite: Adds the game's quest POIs to the minimap and works with TomTom to create waypoints for them automagically
TomTom: Allows you to set waypoints to destinations including a new feature to automatically show the way for quests
LightHeaded: Shows comments from the Wowhead website's quest database in a window attached to your quest log frame.
If you alter the font size too much, you may have to reload your UI in order to have the quest tracker redrawn. Some text may also overlap if it flows onto a second line. In this case, consider adjusting the whole frame's scale instead.
- updated TOC for 6.2
- added new option to display number of quests in log at top of tracker
- fixed display of "Objectives" text when the tracker is scrolled and then minimized
- right-clicking the minimize button to show the quest log will now click "View All Quests" for you - which is the reason why you opened the log, right?
- fix bug with hidden scrollbar intercepting your mouse when you have scrolling disabled
- fix bug with pet battles (new objective tracker hides by default now, so WFWW's collapse in pet battles option now keeps the tracker from hiding, but will still collapse it)
- tracker now inside a scroll frame - maybe fixed taint with delicate quest item buttons???
- securehook tracker's SetPoint function instead of overwriting - this should help the delicate flower as well
(Note: nope, still broken)
- tracker now inside a scroll frame! - scroll through your quests and stuff (can disable in options)
- option to disable art behind section titles
- removed offending code that was causing taint that prevented you from using quest items - new tracker, why you have to be so delicate??? (this also caused an option or two to disappear, and you may need to reload the UI if making changes to the font or font size)
- yay, better solution to keybind code changes! (NOTE: do a clean install or delete the old bindings.xml file)
- fixed the nil "header" error
- catching a few more fontstrings
- rewritten for WoD
- most features have been re-implemented
- please file a bug report at my portal if you find any issues
- updated TOC for 5.2
- updated libraries
- should always be able to collapse/expand the watch frame now, even when the default UI doesn't think so
- will no longer show you as tracking 1 objective when really tracking nothing
- updated TOC for 5.1
- option to collapse watch frame during pet battles
- updated TOC for MoP
- updated libs
- removed "Monochrome" font flag because it crashes the client currently
- changed "Thick Outline" to "Monochrome Outline"
- updated libs
- updated TOC number
- tweaked options layout to fit larger window
- new: option to color border by class
- changed: border alpha now has it's own option (instead of being set with border color)
- updated TOC to 40100
- updated libs
- added option to automagically collapse tracker when entering an instance
- updated libs
- watch frame now expands if you get an auto-quest popup when it's collapsed
- fixed expand/collapse button again - now it's not too high
- bumped TOC version cause I forgot to before
- raise strata of collapse button so that its usable even if header text overlaps it from a large font size
- added a keybind to toggle (min/max) the quest tracker. You can set it in the WFWW options
- support for wide quest tracker feature for 3.3.3
- support for rActionButtonStyler skins (well, sorta - it just looks to see if it's installed, and then uses the skin texture/color)
- new options to change line spacing (thanks, seebs)
- random bug fixes and code cleanup for 3.3.3 and above changes
- fixed bug when mousing over achievements. Now you'll see the tooltip for the achievement instead!
- added tooltip for quests in the tracker, displaying their objective text
- added support for nUI (to keep it from hogging the watch frame) - thanks, Xrystal! (I did not add nUI to the OptionalDeps line in the .toc, figuring that since WFWW starts with a W, it would load close to the end. PLEASE let me know if I need to fix anything!)
- added option to remove the font shadow
- organized options a bit better
- added option to hide the watch frame when no quests or achievements are being tracked
- fixed bug where your set height would not be reapplied when re-expanding the tracker
- watch frame now remembers if it was collapsed before (saved per character)