Download
(842 Kb)
Download
Updated: 02-01-10 03:23 PM
Pictures
File Info
Updated:02-01-10 03:23 PM
Created:01-27-10 03:35 PM
Downloads:4,098
Favorites:8
MD5:
DocsUI Biting for Dummies
Version: r6
by: dr_AllCOM3 [More]

(Works in every language)




Blood-Queen Lana'thel addon.
Very easy to use and a comfortable graphical user interface.
Only one person has to use the addon, no forcing the raid to install and update this addon!


This is how you use the addon:
  • Open with /b or /bfd.
  • Press fill list to check your raid.
  • Press enable to make it automatically assign players their targets infight.
Now your're good to go until you log out or reload your interface.
Click on a name to change it's details.
Certain boss mods can mess with the raid icons!


You can change the player order by clicking on the names.
I've based the standard order on the WowMeterOnline.com class ranking for BQL, so the best classes get bitten first.





Installation: Unpack into your \World of Warcraft\Interface\Addons\ folder. Done!
Config ingame under Interface->Addons or with /b or /bfd.

Please report any errors, thanks!
r6
- Nearby players disabled by default.
- Options to send message also to raid chat.
- Player role can be changed.
- Button to refresh display.
- Refresh after wipe.
- Warning if player out of inspect range.

r5
- Targets get a whisper.
- Option to prefer nearby players.

r4
- Unit id's are updated now on RAID_ROSTER_UPDATE, thanks to Celebrindal@EJ.

r3
- Fixed an issue with proper resetting after wiping, thanks to Matti@EJ.
- Message to others when you enable the addon.
- You can now remove players from the list.

r2
- Fixed some assignment errors, thanks to Harwin@EJ.
- Made it being inactive while disabled.
- Background texture fixed.
Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
r5
842kB
dr_AllCOM3
02-01-10 10:15 AM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Old 02-02-10, 03:24 AM  
snegel
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
Hi there,

at first thx for this useful addon.
Just a couple of questions for optimizing.
The player bitten by bql is removed from the list or how does the addon handle this?
As we have fixed positions and i would like to minimize movement, could you please explain how the priority list will be processed?
Example:
Number 0 is the one bitten by bql and so removed from the list.
So number 0 bites number 1, and for the next bites? Number 0 bites number 2 and Number 1 bites number 3? Then 0=>4, 1=>5 and so on?
This was just a guess so that you can understand what I'd like to know
snegel is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 04:25 AM  
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian
 
dr_AllCOM3's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 40
File comments: 280
Uploads: 15
Originally posted by snegel
Hi there,

at first thx for this useful addon.
Just a couple of questions for optimizing.
The player bitten by bql is removed from the list or how does the addon handle this?
As we have fixed positions and i would like to minimize movement, could you please explain how the priority list will be processed?
Example:
Number 0 is the one bitten by bql and so removed from the list.
So number 0 bites number 1, and for the next bites? Number 0 bites number 2 and Number 1 bites number 3? Then 0=>4, 1=>5 and so on?
This was just a guess so that you can understand what I'd like to know
You get the first untargeted non-vampire from the list. I don't exactly know who that will be.
dr_AllCOM3 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 11:39 AM  
snegel
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by dr_AllCOM3
You get the first untargeted non-vampire from the list. I don't exactly know who that will be.
hmm, suppose you didn't understand my question

In someway there must be some kind of algorhitm to process the list.
So, for example we have this prio list:

1,2,3,4,5,6

I want to know, who will bite whom?

0, the one bitten by bwl, will bite 1.
Then, next bite, who will be bitten by 0 and who will be bitten by 1? Will 0 bite 2 oder 1 bites 2 and 0 bites 3? And how is further progression?
snegel is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-10, 02:48 PM  
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian
 
dr_AllCOM3's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 40
File comments: 280
Uploads: 15
Originally posted by snegel
hmm, suppose you didn't understand my question

In someway there must be some kind of algorhitm to process the list.
So, for example we have this prio list:

1,2,3,4,5,6

I want to know, who will bite whom?

0, the one bitten by bwl, will bite 1.
Then, next bite, who will be bitten by 0 and who will be bitten by 1? Will 0 bite 2 oder 1 bites 2 and 0 bites 3? And how is further progression?
The progression is dynamic. Whoever bites the fastest of 0-1 gets 2, the other gets 3. The fastest of 0-3 gets 4 and so on.
dr_AllCOM3 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 05:50 AM  
Niightblade
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 21
File comments: 67
Uploads: 1
Hi, I think I may have found a bug.

When I did my initial scan one of the warriors was DPS spec, but was going to tank so I moved him to the tank section.

However during the fight he seemed to still be treated as DPS, i.e. he was way higher in the list.
Niightblade is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-10, 07:29 AM  
dr_AllCOM3
A Cyclonian
 
dr_AllCOM3's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 40
File comments: 280
Uploads: 15
Originally posted by Niightblade
Hi, I think I may have found a bug.

When I did my initial scan one of the warriors was DPS spec, but was going to tank so I moved him to the tank section.

However during the fight he seemed to still be treated as DPS, i.e. he was way higher in the list.
The role doesn't matter, you have to change his number.
dr_AllCOM3 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 01:27 AM  
Niightblade
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 21
File comments: 67
Uploads: 1
It would be great if the addon could detect and adjust for people not biting their assisgned target.

Also a way to dump the order to raid chat would be super

I tried:
/dump LibStub("DocsUI_BitingForDummies").raid[]
/dump LibStub("DocsUI_BitingForDummies").raid{}
/dump LibStub("DocsUI_BitingForDummies").raid
but none of that works

Edit: Oh, and please add some way of adding a single new person without doing a full-rescan <3
Last edited by Niightblade : 02-28-10 at 03:17 AM.
Niightblade is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-10, 03:25 AM  
Niightblade
A Fallenroot Satyr
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 21
File comments: 67
Uploads: 1
Would be good if it detected people who died too
Niightblade is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-10, 02:13 PM  
Somberland
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 4
File comments: 10
Uploads: 0
Whould be Nice if it can broadcast a List before the Fight begins.

Like:
Player 1 -> Player 2
Player 1 -> Player 3 | Player 2 -> Player 4
....
Somberland is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: