Q: How do I get to the options?
A: The slash commands are /sr or /smartres; you can also do /sr test or /smartres test to show the test bars. There is an LDB launcher and you can use the Interface/Addons panel as well.
Q: What do the different coloured bars mean?
A: Green is a non-collision/duplicate cast. Red is a duplicate/collision. Blue is when a target has been ressed, has not yet accepted, and someone tries to res the target again.
Q: Why rewrite the original SmartRes?
A: The original SmartRes has been around a long time. It uses outdated libraries that aren't being patched anymore; the code is a confusing mess; Blizzard introduced some nice APIs that made things easier; Ace3 and libraries that are Ace3 compatible are smaller, more lightweight, and use less CPU and memory; SmartRes had become buggy (wasn't disabling itself in combat, non-ressers couldn't see the res bars, occasionally conflicted with oRA2, and other miscellaneous faults and irritants)
Q: Why SmartRes2, and not a simple macro for ressing?
A: For several reasons, chiefly but not limited to
Because macros cannot tell you the name of released (ghost) characters, and SmartRes2 can
Macros cannot tell you how long it will take for the res to land on the target, and keep track ticking down
SmartRes2 shows you the other out of combat resses being cast by the rest of your Party or Raid
SmartRes2 has an auto res key, which when pressed, resses characters not already being ressed, in range, and visible plus resses in the following, intelligent order preferring highest level characters
Mages and Warlocks
Death Knights and Warriors
Hunters and Rogues
Q: How come the auto res and manual res keys don't do anything for battle resses? They aren't working!
A: There are no keybindings for battle resses, and there never will be. Think of it like this: the main tank dies, but you also have a dead Shadow Priest. If I turned on the keybindings during combat, SmartRes2 would always res the Shadow Priest. It is better to pick your res target during combat. The bars are only there to show you which Druid is casting on which target, that's all.
Q: You said in the Known Issues that the Blizzard events don't accurately return a target, but the original SmartRes does. Um, what?
A: Actually, the original SmartRes fakes it, sometimes with the wrong information. While it is possible to be accurate about your own target, getting other players targets is not; the original SmartRes guessed for other players. SmartRes2 is 100% accurate, because it uses LibResInfo, which in turn pulls data directly from the Combat Log.
Q: What? US English?? But I understand other languages. Can I help?
A: YES!! Go here and help contribute. You even get credit directly in the addon!!
=== Known Issues ===
There is a bug in Blizzard's code that sometimes prevents addons from opening straight to their category. Not all users are affected, and there is no fix within the addon itself. However, if you sometimes get SmartRes2 to open properly when typing /sr or /smartres or clicking the LDB launcher, and sometimes it doesn't open properly, you can install this addon which will fix the issue. Do not install this addon unless you are affected by the bug!
It is not possible to retrieve data on characters other than the player if their Accept resurrection is delayed to several rapid deaths in succession. The new bars default to the game's 60 seconds regardless of added delay.
SmartRes2 is a complete rewrite of SmartRes by Maia, Kyahx, Poull, and Myrroddin. This new version is fully Ace3, supporting new, updated libraries and new Blizzard APIs.
- Massive Korean KoKR localization update from Nelsia (thank you!)
- Fix for ticket #76 bad translation string
- WARLORDS OF DRAENOR!!
- Create new per-character SV that tracks whether or not you know Mass Resurrection
- We don't need to check if the player is in a guild, only if they know Mass Resurrection
- LibAboutPanel no longer supports Donate or X-Donate fields, removed
- Update License.txt
- Import new localizations (ptBR from Tercioo, thank you!)
- Poke for updated translations
- Waiting for Accept bars properly fade when someone does a corpse run rather than accepting a resurrection, instead of running the full one minute timer for no reason
- Resurrection bars properly fade when someone cancels their cast
- The fake people on the test bars now have class colours!
- Switch to GUID instead of UnitID wherever possible because GUIDs are constants and not subject to reassignment during group shuffling
- The bug squashing device has been used to great effect
- So many fixes, it is better just to read the bundled change log
- Also, check out this long list: http://www.wowace.com/addons/smartres2/files/567-beta-2-7-1/
- Many frFR French phrases translated by Moguaii. Thank you for those!
- Poke for latest libs, especially Ace3 /w slider fix
- Reduce chat output spam during Mass Resurrection
- Commit patch from hughescr that fixes ticket #71 pattern substitution error
- You can now delete Custom and Mass Resurrection messages by deleting the fields and pressing ENTER or clicking OK
- Corrected spelling on a translation string
- You can now clear the Custom and Mass Resurrection messages
- Nil error during occasional Mass Resurrection cast fixed (ticket # 69)
- TimeOutBars that show people who have not accepted res spells now fade in 0.1 seconds after YOU leave group, regardless of remaining duration on the bars
- Fix rare bug that passes nil to "gsub"
- Memory and CPU optimizations when SmartRes2 is idle AND you are in a group, OR you are not in a group at all
- Poke for updated library files, especially LibResInfo-1.0, which addresses a bug
- ToC bump for 5.3
- Update Pledgie link in ToC
- Add LibDataBroker to OptionalDeps in ToC
- Attempt to consume less memory in idle and disabled modes
- Wipe the time out bars (people who haven't accepted resurrection casts) when you drop group
- Collision whispers go to caster, not target, as intended
- Reduce spam for personal and collision Mass Resurrection messages
- Anchors for both res bars and waiting for accept are unlocked by default for new and reset profiles
- Options screen settings' width normalized by locale (should no longer look wonky for English clients)
- Huge French (frFR) update from pascalwar62 (merci!)
- LibResInfo cannot be installed standalone
- Complete rewrite using LibResInfo instead of LibResComm
- Many fixes, including Auto Res Key
- Macro command now works
- NEW FEATURE: Resurrection time out bars: shows bars for players who have been resurrected and not accepted. Disappears when timed out or accepted
- Mass Resurrection has its own bar colour and text
- Mass Resurrection key hides in options if the player does not know the spell
- Mass Resurrection makes sure there are players that can be raised (ie: do not have RECENTLY_MASS_RESURRECTED debuff)
- All spells and items that can be used to raise players now supported. Remember, instant cast spells are INSTANT, and bars will be too short and fast to be seen
- You can set a Mass Resurrection message in options
- Custom Message and Add to Random Messages table syntax simplified and better explained in tool tips
- Both sets of bars properly save their positions when SmartRes2 is enabled and disabled
- Options redesigned to assist non-English locales
- Fix chat output (you may have to reset your profile, so BACK UP your SmartRes2.lua in WTF\Account\<AccountName>\SavedVariables
- Use Blizzard global strings instead of localization
- Change the class res order
- Hopefully fix bug when resser stops cast, target can't be ressed for a few seconds
- Removed 'cast' command because it never worked
- Added 'test' command to fire the test bars
- Ditched a lot of debug stuff
- Cleaned and optimized a fair bit of code
- MoP updates /w new events and APIs
- cleaned up if/then statements, removing many
- updated libraries
- added /smartres test and /sr test to show test bars without loading config screen
- untranslated Italian will show as English, but the file is there
- get the Monk in there!
- toc bump
- Nevcairiel (Ace3, Bartender4, wowace site admin) to the rescue!
- Really fixed this time. Honest!
- LibResComm-1.0 v68 had translation errors from wowace. Fixed in v70
- The above caused SmartRes2 to not load LRC1 properly. New package uses v70
- Update all libraries to newest versions
- Remove obsolete code warning LibResComm-1.0 is outdated
- Res Bars position now properly saved to the Saved Variables folder instead of layout-local.txt
- Options panes for Res Bars and Chat Output got a massive cleanup. You can now see what you are typing in the Custom and Random messages fields
- Disabling SmartRes2 should not throw nil errors anymore
- Viewing Mass Resurrection (level 25 Guild Perk)
- User configurable setting for maximum displayed bars
Set configurable maximum displayed bars
Make collision bars flash (yes, you can turn it off)
Removed LibVersionCheck-1.0 and related code (wasn't working the way I wanted)
Some bug fixes and optimizations
Rolled esMX into esES locale, which is more complete
Small nerfs to the versioning system to reduce obnoxiousness
Works on Cataclysm Beta!
Pre-Cataclysm changes and updates
Added version checking so when Cataclysm hits, I can easily deal with outdated versions. This can be turned off via the Chat Options tab, but I don't recommend it
Translations updated, but still lots of missing phrases
Now picks up resurrection casts from people without CTRA/LibResComm-1.0 compatible res monitors
Supports bars for Engineering devices (will never have res buttons for those, sorry)
Warns when LibResComm-1.0 needs updating
You can set the height and width of the bars independently of the scale
No more forcing user to reset profile on updating addon
Random Res Message removal is now a multi-select dropdown
Properly resets a necessary variable on party member number changes
Auto res key and /sr cast command work on cross-realm players *Note, if installing no-lib strip version, you MUST set LibResComm-1.0 to "alpha" for this to work
Removed unnecessary MultiSelect library folder
Slimmed down some code (thanks, Morgalm)
Will not try to res AFK units if they were normally a priority
You can now middle-click the LDB launcher to start the test bars
Some localization / translation updates
Newest version of all library files
:OnProfileReset() should call :OnNewProfile() and not :OnProfileChanged()
Fixed "Print" bug and added an Easter egg.
*whew* just read the changelog.txt file. Suffice to say, random res message add and remove to table, font support, cleaned up a lot of code, did some optimizations, re-arranged some options. You *may* have to reset profile back to default settings or delete the saved variables if upgrading. DEFINITELY delete existing SmartRes2 folder first!!!
From Torhal: changed upvalue handling, and fixed ticket # 37 nil value error with whisper target
leveraged the power of Ace3 to reduce code enabling and disabling SmartRes2
changed the default duplicate waiting for accept res bar colour to blue to make it stand out better
removed some useless alpha tags
fixed res_bars nil value error when bars are not visible (tmartin reported bug from Curse.com)
re-arrange toc lib listings so AceGUI loads before AceConfig
removed alpha tags for Curse users so new features show up in beta builds
Minor code fix for IsCastableSpell()
-- IMPORTANT: discovered that auto res key, /sr cast, /smartres cast will not work on cross-realm players. You must use the manual res key to target their unit frame or corpse. I am looking into possible fixes
Beta 1.04 (Was on Curse, not here, sorry)
Added alpha setting for the res bars
fixed issue with texture setting not saved across logouts
deDE update and ruRU updates
added redundancy check for out of range to also check for unit dead (feedback chat)
Annoying double chat message bug fixed
zhCN locale updated (thanks, Annahaid)
Miscellaneous other chat related bugs fixed
Cleaned up res bars options tab. Added whisper as a chat output type. Added waiting for accept res bar (orange by default). A couple of code optimizations. Split the code for visible bars and collision chat notification so they are independent of each other.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com