I am Etherwind of US-Darkspear and have taken over development of the original facemelter and pushed it into the current age. This is an addon that deals with rotations for shadow priests. This more helps the novice to become a better dps machine and to better manage their spells. Can you get more dps if you are a number cruncher? Probably if you manage manually and have proper timing but the general wow populace need to learn these things. This addon does exactly that.
Finalizing the Face Melter one project with a few more bug fix versions as I am developing Face Melter 2! The new code will be able to handle more changes and will add MANY new features including latency compensation, mind flay clipping support, and movement compensation on spells for maximum dps, and even more past this small list. I will also allow me to fix things without checking a obscene amount of code as well as streamlining it and reducing bloat. Once a public Alpha is available I will be posting it to the optional files section.
Face Melter 2 is now dubbed Face Melter Zwei and features a new visual design for the suggester frame as well as support for many new features. The first release test alpha is scheduled for 2 weeks from now. Among the added features are cooldown indicators (covering Shadowfiend, Dispersion, and Inner Focus), Record keeping for the last two prior spells casted indicated by the new GUI. Latency, cast time, and GCD compensation and cast planning. Turn off SW: D and Mind Blast completely or only have them used in certain conditions (ie. Mind Blast used unless under Heroism/Bloodlust or SW: D only used when target is under a certain percentage or while moving). Support for primary and secondary specs. And many more things planned, also I applied for a Cataclysm Beta Key to plan a Cataclysm release.
- Cleaned up and gave more explanation to the Interface Options.
- Modified some settings concerning priority (should not affect current installations).
- Removed a coding bug which created an issue with not suggesting Mind Blast when a player has 2pT10+.
- Added a requested change for the timing on Mind Blast in correlation to Vampiric Touch when using 2pT10 (untested as my priest doesn't have any set pieces).
- Changed a lot of mathematical computation concerning GCD, spell haste, spell duration, and spell CD that was still residual from old times (prior to me taking over). This allowed for a smoother and better running suggestion box.
- Added some changes to try to compensate for GCD and cast time in the suggestion of Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague. These changes in tests allow me to maintain from 95%-100% up times respectively in tests.
- Worked a bit more to refine the Heroism/Bloodlust support.
- Did I mention lots and LOTS of math?! Oh and extra assurance checks to hopefully allow me to improve things for the future.
- Should not request to reapply Shadow Word: Pain when Shadow Word: Pain is up.
- Now only suggests Shadow Word: Pain upon 5 stacks of Shadow Weaving. Adjusts priority for this very reason. (Tested, Works, and enabled)
- Should support heroism/bloodlust (still to be tested but enabled at this moment)
- Fixed some issues with early and late suggestions.
- General cleaning of the code and added some code based documentation for 3rd party developers. Also removed some now defunct code or alpha staged undocumented code that was sloppy or poorly written.
- First release to www.wowinterface.com
- Added support for tier 9, tier 10 and Mind Blast removal from the rotation as well as various code cleaning duties and preliminary upper support for heroism/bloodlust and shadow weaving the latter two things not implimented or enabled.