This is a small and lightweight addon for warriors that reminds to apply/renew Commanding and Battle shout buff.
The main purpose of the addon is to show alert frame when player doesn't have warrior shout buff(s).
Alert frame shows when:
You are in combat
Neither of shout buff is applied by you
This solution was created for myself cause I always forget to renew shouts .
Hope it helps someone and I will be glad if some warriors find this addon useful.
Install addon as usual by placing it into "Interface\AddOns" folder.
Only one shout buff can be applied by single player, therefore:
- If player doesn't have any shout buff then Commanding Shout alert shows by default. Shout buffs priority is configurable, see Configuration section below.
- If player already buffed with one shout buff then reminder for second shout will be shown.
- If both shout buffs already active (e.g. by another warriors) then no alert will be shown.
Blessing of Might paladin's buff doesn't stack with Battle shout, so if player has BoM buff then reminder frame for Battle Shout doesn't appear.
Addon doesn't have interface for configuration, all configurable properties are stored in Settings.lua file.
If you need to change reminder frame appearance (resize, change location etc) or other properties you have to modify Settings.lua. It's quite easy to do so you shouldn't have problems with it.
There are couple properties you are able to set as you need:
location, size, borderSize, borderColor: this is appearance properties, modify values of them to configure shout alerts look.
commandingShout: this property is for shout buffs priority. If the property has 'true' value then Commanding Shout alert has highest priority then Battle Shout, and 'false' value set Commanding Shout priority to lower. By default is 'true'.
- Thanks to ALZA and UI he developed. His UI compilation pushed me to learn Lua, Wow API and look deeper into addon development. ALZA's sources helps me a lot.
- Thanks to Shantalya for sFilter addon. This addon based on sFilter addon idea and concept.