* works with PlateBuffs
* spell icon
* name text is colored by threat
* Totems are shown as icons
* current health value
- current health value is hidden @100% health
- between 35% and 25%, value is yellow colored
- between 25% and 20%, value is orange colored
- below 20%, value is red colored
* added hankthetank's raidicon textures
* show hostile nameplates in combat and/or optionally hide them out of combat
- by default nameplates show in combat and do not hide out of combat
NPCs are not class coloured, never.
Hostile players are only class coloured out of a sanctuary (which excludes Dalaran for example). Generally said, they are class coloured in PvP, which also means they have to be flagged for PvP on a PvE server.
1. Where'z teh options?
Take a look into your World of Warcraft folder: Interface\Addons\dNamePlates\dNameplates.lua. You can open this file with Wordpad, Notepad or any other text editor. I recommend Notepad++ - it's free, google it.
note: If you change anything, you have to reload your interface, either via /rl, /console reloadui or log out ingame.
p3lim - for Overhead
hankthetank - raid icon texture
Cyprias - for helping me to improve the code
local TEXTURE = mediaFolder.."dA"
local FONT = mediaFolder.."Pixelway_Baseline.ttf"
local FONTSIZE = 8
local FONTFLAG = "OUTLINE MONOCHROME" -- "THINOUTLINE", "OUTLINE MONOCHROME", "OUTLINE" or nil (no outline)
local hpHeight = 5
local hpWidth = 100
local cbIconSize = 20
local cbHeight = 5
local cbWidth = 100
local showIC = true
local hideOOC = false
local blankTex = "Interface\\Buttons\\WHITE8x8"
* quick updated for Mists of Pandaria
* updated for 4.1
* the selected nameplate won't be resized by default, anymore (aka adWidth and adHeight are set to 0)
- the option is still there, however ...
- untested, just a quick fix for 4.1
* selected nameplates will now be larger than others
* added options to set the increased size for selected plates
- adWidth = 14 -- additional width for selected nameplate (hpWidth + adWidth)
- adHeight = 4 -- additional height for selected nameplate (hpHeight + adHeight)
* fixed totem icon display, which broke in r14, because of level display ... D'OH!
* added Totem of Tranquil Mind support
* added Spirit Link Totem support
* added 1px border around totem icons
* added highlight for selected nameplate
* tweaked level and name position code
* added an option to set a font shadow offset (default: FontShadowOffset = 0)
- 1 = (1,-1), 1.5 = (1.5, -1.5), ...
* forgot to include raidicon texture ...
* Totems are now shown as icons
* some CVars are now set by default
- SetCVar("ShowClassColorInNameplate", 1)
- SetCVar("nameplateShowEnemyTotems", 1)
* added level display ...
* some minor visual tweaks
* removed some obsolete code
* small visual tweaks
* toc update for patch 4.x
* code rewritten, extremely simplified, no longer based on caelNameplates
* removed class icon code
* removed separate config - some options (size, etc) can still be found in dNameplates.lua
* level is now hidden
* names are no longer abbreviated
Blizzards Nameplates are still bugged and seem to show/hide randomly. This addon modifies blizzards nameplates instead of replacing them. Therefore the same oddly behaviour will happen. This is Blizzards fault. Once Blizzard will fix their code, the issue will be gone. ;)
* nicer raid icon position...
* replaced the "glow border" with a solid border, to match my oUF layout
* added an option to change the border color
* long names will be abbreviated, to match my oUF layout (for example: Sunreaver Mage Guardian becomes S. M. Guardian)
* added an option to change the maximum number of characters before a name gets abbreviated
* revised class icon code
* added new border to class icon
* some tweaks
* removed the class icon textures from the package and use blizzards default textures instead - reduced package size FTW ...
* removed some more unused textures and fonts from the package - reduced package size FTW ... #2
* added an option to change the position of the nameplate (X and Y Offset)
* cleaned up some code and improved PlateBuffs compatibility
* added class icon (only visible for hostile players)
* added 3 icon sets of class textures (oldClassIcons, newClassIcons)
- you can choose a different one, via config
- you might have to adjust the size of the icon, depending on the texture you choose
* added hankthetanks's raidicon textures
* added an icon texture (dBBorderJ) for castbars spell icon
* added a new mouseover highlight texture and made the highlight slightly more visible
* added a more flat bartexture (dM2) and set it as default
* level text font shadow can be turned on/off via "showFontShadow", too
* possible fix for r4 nil error, everyone but myself seems to enounter - D'OH! #2
* added current health value as a possible shown health value
* added an option to show/hide current health value
* added an option to show/hide percent health value
- if both options are true it will show both, current AND percent health value
* possible fix for a nil error everyone but myself seems to enounter - D'OH!
- I need some feedback on this.Since I don't get the error, I can't tell if it's gone now or not.
* added an option to turn auto show nameplates in combat on/off
* added auto hide nameplates out of combat (disabled by default)
* added an option to turn auto hide nameplates out of combat on/off
* added an option to show/hide a shadow behind text (disabled by default)
* removed some fonts
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to PayPal.com
*Clicking the donate button above will take you to Pledgie.com