|Go to Page...|
Youtube video of the addon in action. Watch full screen and 720p for best results!
Chat Consolidate is a stand alone AddOn for World of Warcraft that filters the chat frame. Too long have players made a macro for the group and spammed the chat lanes with their posts that take up half the screen. Those posters make other posters post just as frequently to get their group advertised as well. Well no longer!
r8 changes - 09/03/10
* Fixed the bug where the tooltip likes to stay on indefinitely
* Fixed the bug where filtering custom channels completely hid the channel
* Fixed a lot of compatibility issues with other chat related addons.
* Added a report feature, where you determine which ignore words you want to report. Either auto report, or a prompt. Also able to hide the report message when using auto report.
* Adjust some dictionary entries
* Adjusted the ASCII Filter to be less strict.
* Adjusted the throttle to be between 1 and 128 instead of 1 and 50.
Chat Consolidate uses a few simple techniques so you can take control of your chat frame once again. Chat Consolidate will do the following:
* Transform long posts that naturally take up more than one line, into a condensed one line Link.
* Transform macroed posts that are small, but send out 5 separate lines, into a one line Link.
o A link upon clicking will display the full message as intended by the poster.
o A link will scan the text for meaningful keywords that you choose. (Comes default with the most common)
o A link can be mouseovered while holding shift (with an option, you can view without shift) into the user's tooltip.
* Color codes keywords. The default addon comes with 26 keywords and predefined colors. These are completely customizable. Change the keyword, change the color, delete it, add more. You highlight and filter what YOU want to see
* Has an ignore feature. Add words you do not want to see. This feature is useful for
o Gold Spam! Comes with common keywords used by gold sellers to filter them out.
o Word filters, like Thunderfury or Anal. Add more like murloc or Chuck Norris if those are prominent on your chat lines.
o Saved or tired to ICC this week. Add ICC to your ignore words and everything ICC related gets filtered out. Then, just open up the dictionary and delete the ICC keyword when your ready to read information about ICC again.
o Language filter! Have kids that play WoW too? Add words you do not want your little one to see. The stock filter merely covers the word, where you can still infer what the word is. Chat Consolidate will remove the entire line! Turn "$@!% these n00bs!!" into ""... that's right! Into nothing!
* Makes your chat frame slimmer. [2. Trade] goes to . <Busy> and <Away> tags are removed! Obviously if they are annoying you with spam, they are neither away or busy.
* Throttle tracker. This will keep up with the number of times you chat is throttled. Just cosmetic so you know how hard this AddOn works for you! As of now, my counter is up to 13,810. How high does yours go?
* Dump Frame. Setting a dump frame allows you to set a frame where chat will never be filtered, throttled, or ignored by Chat Consolidate.
* Override. Sets a frame that you want to always check for width. The addon selects the current frame in focus to determine the width allowed to truncate properly. The override feature is there in case the chat frame you want the filtered chat to appear is not the same width as the one that's usually in focus.
* Auto Report. Automatically reports people you ignore that you opt for. For example, you have the ignore words Black Temple and Anal. You flag anal to be reportable. So when someone says black temple, it just gets ignored; however, anal get ignored and reported.
Slash Command List
/cc or /chatc or /chatcon opens the interface menu
/cc dump n where n is a number 1 through 10 (sets the dump frame, where text will always go unfiltered and unthrottled)
/cc override n where n is a number 1 through 10 (sets the frame used to determine width for truncating messages)
/cc spam - Displays the last message Ignored.
How is this different from SpamThrottle?
Simple, SpamThrottle looks at a message and blocks it for a set amount of time (default is 10 minutes), My addon looks at a message and blocks it for a set amount of unique posts to go by. For instance, if your throttle bar is set to 15, and PosterA posts a message, he has to wait for 15 more unique posts to enter your chat screen before his message can be posted again.
Prefer SpamThrottles method over mine? Chat Consolidate will work together with SpamThrottle, giving you the double layer of spam reduction you desire.
You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.