Noob Report Card is a tool that is geared to new players to World of Warcraft. It helps to remind new players of the various tasks that must be remembered as they begin to level their character. It is presented in a scorecard fashion with colors and on the fly update ability so the player can learn how actions they take affect their score (positive and negative).
* Information presented in a "score card" fashion using colors and fill bars to get a quick read on your progress, just like reading a report card
* Tracks whether you are visting your class trainer after gaining new levels and learning new spells and abilities
* Tracks your equipment status, both durability rating and overall rating of how you are equiped (item level, quality, etc). Scoring gets harder as you change levels to represent the need to get better equipment
* Tracks your progress of professions relative to your level. Helps to ensure production and gathering professions are matched and that you are increasing your skill at a pace relative to your characters level
* Provides help text for each item that is tracked on the score card via Left Click on the status bars
* Provides detailed scoring data screens for weapons and equipment via Right Click on the appropriate status bars. This will aid in understanding how the final score is calculated. Detailed screens include Tool Tips for additional information.
* Minimap button that is used to open and close the report card, and changes it's appearance to remind you that your score has changed in some way and you need to review your scores.
Typing one of the following will bring up the report card:
'/nrc' or '/noobreportcard'
Typing the following will reset the "Need to Train" flag (in case things get out of sync):
Feedback can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Updated for patch 4.3
*Updated for patch 4.2
*Updated for patch 4.1
* Small bug fix for professions. Some combination of professions (like Inscription and Herbalism) were not reporting the correct skill level in Noob Report.
* Changed the logic on identifying when class training is needed. No longer is based on the character's level. Noob report now scans your spellbook to know when spells need to be trained. This was a major upgrade that was needed with the release of Catacylsm.
* Changed the color coding of the status bars in Noob report so that a "black background" is used for areas that are not of concern yet. This will help you to stay focused on the bars that have a "green", "yellow" or "red" color to know how to change your score.
* Made several tweaks to the scoring system of Noob report to help players feel better about their score while working in their starting zones:
-- Tweaked the equipment quality score to make it easier to get to the max score while still in the starting zone
-- Professions are not calculated as part of your "score" now till your character is level 7
-- The max profession skill rate is now "Character level - 4 * 5". Will help to keep you from being discouraged about a low Noob Report score while skilling up your profession.
* All Noob Report status bars now allow a "right click". This way people don't think something is broken with the addon
* Fixed an error with First Aid training
* Minimap button now opens AND closes the Noob Report panel (srry that should have been then when I added that button!)
* Increases the maximum points for professions to 525 in anticipation of Cataclysm
* Added new feature of providing detailed scoring data for weapons and equipment via Right Click on the appropriate status bars.
* Updated various help text screens
* Updated for support on patch 4.0.1
* Fixed bug with minimap icon changing at wrong times
* Added a msg to slash command to allow reset of training flag in case it gets out of sync. Type "/nrc reset"
* Updated help text to be clearer
* Changed the criteria for showing GREEN on the bars. Now only goes to GREEN when at 100%. Will make it easier to know what to focus on
* Modified help text scroll bar to always start at the top of the text
Repackaged the .zip file so that everything is already in the folder strucutre "Nrc".