NOTE: in WoD, the dungeons/raid/pvp windows were merged together into one tabbed window. This removes the need for KeepingTabs for these windows, and this functionality has been removed. The original functionality of KeepingTabs, to combine the friends and social windows, is still intact.
KeepingTabs gives you an easy way to keep tabs on all that is important to you. By adding tabs to the sides of certain frames, it is easier to keep tabs on your friends and guild as well as on your dungeons, raids and pvp. This allows you to use just one keybind for friends/guild and one keybind for dungeons/raid/pvp. It also makes it easier to switch between these (no longer separated) windows.
By default, the new tab for the guild frame opens to the first tab - news and events. If you prefer it to open to the second tab for the roster instead, you may open up KT_Social.lua in any text editor, find this at the very top
--Open directly to the Guild Roster tab
--when switching to the guild frame
local roster = false
and change it to true.
The guild tab should act like the guild perks tab in your spellbook and the top-left circle of the Guild UI, where the icon changes to your guild tabard.
- updated for WoD
- back to original purpose, with only tabs for friends/guild windows (since LFG, PVP, and RAIDS are grouped together now)
- cleaner access of PVP frame
- updated TOC for 5.4
- update TOC for 5.2
- update for renaming of pvp frame
- updated for MoP changes to dungeon/raid finder
- sorry folks, removed the debug print statements I had left in ><
- updated all icons to be square ones (a couple have changed appearance)
- added the PVP frame to the LFG and LFR tab set
- added support for Dungeon and Raid Finders!
- renamed KeepingTabs.lua to KT_Social.lua
- update TOC for 4.3
- fix tab placement on friends frame (Blizz changed the frame so now the tabs require same x,y coordinates that the guld frame had - imagine that!)
- updated TOC number
- fixed tabs overlapping the Raid Info panel
- only create tabs once!
- code updates/organization
- fix for guild tabard icon