Download
(1 MB)
Download
Updated: 07-29-14 09:30 AM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Siege of Orgrimmar (5.4)
Escalation (5.3)
Thunder Isle (5.2)
Landfall (5.1)
Mists of Pandaria (5.0.4)
Updated:07-29-14 09:30 AM
Created:10-08-10 04:46 AM
Downloads:113,514
Favorites:175
MD5:
5.4
SpartanUI  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 3.2.1
by: Azgaurd [More]
SpartanUI Is designed to free your screen by moving a majority of the interface elements to the bottom. It is the new look for World of Warcraft. Originally Created by Ansu of Dalaran (aka Atriace) it is now managed and maintained by Libidos of Azgalor. You can now join the project on facebook where i will be posting polls and asking other general questions about the direction of the addon.

Required Addons

Bartender4


Installation Note

Disable oUF if you have it installed, This is a addon library used for unit frames SpartanUI has this built in and having a version not compatible with SpartanUI will break things.


F.A.Q

Q. How do i Move my focus/party/raid?

A. As of 3.1 All frames are now movable by holding Alt and dragging no need to unlock or lock them with a command or button.

Q. I changed a option but nothing changed.

A. Some of the new options in 3.1 for Raid/Party Frames require a /reload to be done after changing them, no it will not always be like this but in order to get it out in time for MOP launch day some convenience had to be sacrificed.

Slash Commands

/sui (Shows options window)
/spin (Toggles Spin Cam)
/sui version (Shows which version of SpartanUI you are using)



Features
  • Uses very little third-party code in an effort to remain self-contained
  • Almost zero-setup allows you to install and use it without tons of configuration
  • Support for almost any screen resolution, while favoring widescreen
  • SpinCam - provides a spinning camera effect when AFK
  • FilmEffects - which provide film-like grain effects on your screen
  • Party frames designed to go with the look and style of your player frames
  • Designed to use very little processor time or memory
  • All original artwork with high-res textures and 1:1 ratio for 30" displays
  • Built in reputation and experience bars
  • Integrated coordinates and zone information
  • UnitFrames that fit in with the overall design
  • Profiles - with options being rewrote SpartanUI will now support profiles
  • Minimal slash commands
  • Raid frames with healer mode and DPS mode. One focuses on a quick overview while healer mode will draw attention to those low on health and larger frames than in dps mode
  • Focus Fame and focus Target have been redesigned and are movable
  • All frames are now movable by holding Alt and dragging.
3.1.2:
-Added Monk Chi bar

3.1.3:
Fix - Monk class icon not showing in party frames.
Fix - Monk Statue moved to the right of the CHI.
Fix - Party frames now properly update when someone was invited while in combat.
Fix - Party Frame not showing up after leaving battleground.
Fix - Moved the Extra Power bar (Petrification bar in MV) to the left so its aligned with the player frame to account some people having a issue in Shado-pan Monastery where the bar overlaps with the extra action button on the last boss. (Temporary Fix, Long term this will move only if it needs to)
Change - SpartanUI no longer hides blizzard buffs, blizz does not allow addons to turn off buffs without some lengthy work arounds.
Removed - Player buffs are no longer displayed on the player frame.
Fix - Misc bugs.
Optional Files (0)


Archived Files (1)
File Name
Version
Size
Author
Date
3.1.3
2MB
Azgaurd
10-22-12 06:02 PM


Post A Reply Comment Options
Unread 08-24-12, 12:54 PM  
Medmerd
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Re: Key combos

Originally Posted by Saeniver
is there a way to show the combinations (ex : ctrl + 3) to show on any bars besides the main left one?
I assume you are taking about key bind text. This is controlled via bartender. In the bartender options screen you can choose to show or hide the key bind text per bar.

If required I can give more detailed steps.
Medmerd is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-12, 11:41 AM  
manshima
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 1
File comments: 19
Uploads: 0
I've been playing the stock ui on Beta for a while now with no real problems. There are no graphics for shadow orbs (priest), but the addon ACPoint does a nice job.

The only thing that is bothersome is the offset command seems to be missing now. Any clue as to why? I can still go into the config file and manually add an offset, but the not in-game.
Last edited by manshima : 08-25-12 at 12:00 PM.
manshima is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-25-12, 09:05 PM  
Azgaurd
A Kobold Labourer
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 11
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by manshima
I've been playing the stock ui on Beta for a while now with no real problems. There are no graphics for shadow orbs (priest), but the addon ACPoint does a nice job.

The only thing that is bothersome is the offset command seems to be missing now. Any clue as to why? I can still go into the config file and manually add an offset, but the not in-game.
Try out this version for me: https://github.com/Wutname1/SpartanUI/zipball/3.0.0 I added the priest bar for you let me know if the offset works or not it works in my tests
Last edited by Azgaurd : 08-26-12 at 11:15 AM.
Azgaurd is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-12, 12:40 PM  
Trajick
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 8
Uploads: 0
Version for Tomorrow's Patch Drop

Hey, i've seen some links of some possible updated versions. Does anyone have a link to download a version that will be ready to go for tomorrow's patch drop?
Trajick is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-12, 12:54 PM  
hanjus
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 1
Uploads: 0
Re: Version for Tomorrow's Patch Drop

Originally Posted by Trajick
Hey, i've seen some links of some possible updated versions. Does anyone have a link to download a version that will be ready to go for tomorrow's patch drop?
You can download the latest from here:
https://github.com/Medmerd/SpartanUI-PTR
hanjus is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 09:46 AM  
Medmerd
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by manshima
I've been playing the stock ui on Beta for a while now with no real problems. There are no graphics for shadow orbs (priest), but the addon ACPoint does a nice job.

The only thing that is bothersome is the offset command seems to be missing now. Any clue as to why? I can still go into the config file and manually add an offset, but the not in-game.
If your interested in posting (or emailing) your edited config file I can see about adding some options to handle these offsets.
Medmerd is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 01:31 PM  
Trajick
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 8
Uploads: 0
Re: Re: Version for Tomorrow's Patch Drop

Originally Posted by hanjus
Originally Posted by Trajick
Hey, i've seen some links of some possible updated versions. Does anyone have a link to download a version that will be ready to go for tomorrow's patch drop?
You can download the latest from here:
https://github.com/Medmerd/SpartanUI-PTR





THANK YOU!!!!!
Trajick is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 03:53 PM  
spiderx
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
Do u plan to make a package with oUF and Bartender too....somehow i tried to get latest versions for this 2 addons and what happens is that in MOP beta the player frames and party frames arent working for some reason, they still pop up there in left corner instead of as usual near the minimap all neat as in live.

Maybe im using the wrong versions of all necessary addons if someone could point me out to proper ones would be apreciated.

tx for keeping this amazing UI working just hope i can use it tomorrow .

Bartender is ok just oUF seems to be something wrong or not connecting with spartan.
Last edited by spiderx : 08-28-12 at 03:54 PM.
spiderx is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 04:03 PM  
Medmerd
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by spiderx
Do u plan to make a package with oUF and Bartender too....somehow i tried to get latest versions for this 2 addons and what happens is that in MOP beta the player frames and party frames arent working for some reason, they still pop up there in left corner instead of as usual near the minimap all neat as in live.

Maybe im using the wrong versions of all necessary addons if someone could point me out to proper ones would be apreciated.

tx for keeping this amazing UI working just hope i can use it tomorrow .

Bartender is ok just oUF seems to be something wrong or not connecting with spartan.
Ideally this page will get updated. Currently no one has access to do the updates.

Since I personally do not have beta access there is not a whole lot I can do. I know currently my git version worked correctly on PTR and soon as I get home Ill ensure it works on Live (patch 5.0.4) using current versions of oUF and Bartender.

If necessary I will add versions of oUF and Bartender that work with SpartanUI to my git to help out with a smoother transition.
Last edited by Medmerd : 08-28-12 at 04:06 PM.
Medmerd is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 04:23 PM  
spiderx
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 5
Uploads: 0
tx for the fast reply, if it works after u are patched would u mind posting the links for the 3 addons here?

spartan
bartender
ouf

tx in advance

PS: funily enough with live version of oUF it works, probably wont have the new stuff but for my rogue and warrior is working in beta
Last edited by spiderx : 08-28-12 at 04:44 PM.
spiderx is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 08:47 PM  
Netjunke
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
Ive downloaded the current version of SpartanUI 2.6.1 & Bartender 4.5.0 - I have OUF unknown version installed - When I load into the game Bartender is not correctly placing the bars nor is it disabling the default Blizzard bars - When I go into the Bartender settings it shows both SpartanUI Standard & SpartanUI New Test as profiles but neither profile sets-up my bars correctly - Not sure which addon is the issue (SpartanUI, OUF or Bartender) - Hoping someone here can help me out - I LOVE this addon & dont even want to think about having to change =(

In Desperate Need
Last edited by Netjunke : 08-28-12 at 08:48 PM.
Netjunke is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 08:52 PM  
Medmerd
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Netjunke
Ive downloaded the current version of SpartanUI 2.6.1 & Bartender 4.5.0 - I have OUF unknown version installed - When I load into the game Bartender is not correctly placing the bars nor is it disabling the default Blizzard bars - When I go into the Bartender settings it shows both SpartanUI Standard & SpartanUI New Test as profiles but neither profile sets-up my bars correctly - Not sure which addon is the issue (SpartanUI, OUF or Bartender) - Hoping someone here can help me out - I LOVE this addon & dont even want to think about having to change =(

In Desperate Need

The verson posted on this form is not the current verson. You can find a current version https://github.com/Medmerd/SpartanUI-PTR

use the Zip option to down load an updated version. There is also a different version on Curse.
Medmerd is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 09:00 PM  
Netjunke
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
The version of SpartanUI I'm using is from Curse - I came here because Divale posted not to use the comments on Curse to post issues but to come here instead

I'm gonna try to uninstall SpartanUI, Bartender & OUF - I'll reinstall them all tomorrow & keep my fingers crossed that the gremlins disappear overnight

If anyone has any other info, ideas or help I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by Netjunke : 08-28-12 at 09:02 PM.
Netjunke is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-28-12, 09:43 PM  
Medmerd
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 13
Uploads: 0
Originally Posted by Netjunke
The version of SpartanUI I'm using is from Curse - I came here because Divale posted not to use the comments on Curse to post issues but to come here instead

I'm gonna try to uninstall SpartanUI, Bartender & OUF - I'll reinstall them all tomorrow & keep my fingers crossed that the gremlins disappear overnight

If anyone has any other info, ideas or help I'd appreciate it.
The version from my GIT is different then the Curse version. I am attempting to work with the other developer to get my changes properly merged so both version work correctly.
Medmerd is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-12, 06:06 AM  
Netjunke
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
Downloaded the version of Spartan from GitHub that you suggested - My bars appear to be working properly now I'm having the same issue as Spiderx - My player, target & party frames are still in the blizzard default locations - I'm hoping in the next few days those will get sorted out as well - At least my action bars are working & I can start killing stuff again
Netjunke is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump: