Download
(19 MB)
Download
Updated: 10-15-12 11:31 AM
Pictures
File Info
Compatibility:
Mists of Pandaria (5.0.4)
Updated:10-15-12 11:31 AM
Created:10-16-10 06:59 PM
Downloads:9,282
Favorites:14
MD5:
Categories:Generic Compilations, Class Compilations, Healer Compilations
CalaiUI  Popular! (More than 5000 hits)
Version: 4.0.2
by: TheGeek [More]


4.0 » The rise of Lordaeron!

2560 x 1600 resolution designed interface

It's been quite some time since I last touched CalaiUI--with the launch of Mists of Pandaria; it seemed befitting to update and bring something new to the community.

In the past, CalaiUI was built for every class. However, this time around it's only built for Paladins. What does that mean? It means you will need to do a little work on a few small things for it to work with other classes. The reason for this is that awhile back I decided to delete every level 85 character I had for every class. It was becoming too time consuming and I rather focus on my Paladin that I enjoy greatly!

So, to the show. I hope you enjoy the UI; it would not have been possible without the amazing support and careful programmers of the many addons used in my suite.

Most of all; my inspiration; Lui!


Always check the Change Log for update information!


Installation Instructions
  1. Shutdown World of Warcraft.
  2. Create a backup of your Interface and WTF folders. Delete them once you have finished.
  3. Copy the Interface and WTF folders from the zip file to your WoW directory.
  4. Go into the WTF folder and rename ACCOUNTNAME, REALMNAME, CHARNAME. Please verify your information for each of these three folders, we've had countless support emails about this and it's all boiled down to incorrect typing of required names.
  5. To keep saved keybindings and macros, drop the bindings-cache, bindings.cache.old, macros-cache, and macros-cache.old from your backup character folder into your new character folder.
  6. Start WoW
  7. Ensure that ALL ADDONS are enabled.


Configure InGame

Once you load WoW and log into your character everything will be scattered throughout the middle of your screen. Do not fear.

Simply type /reflux switch CalaiUI (exactly how it's typed) and watch your UI reload.

The chat frame is not bounded to the kgPanels at the left and right--it is your responsibility to unlock and set your frames as you see.

If you wish to not use those frames:
  1. Type /kgpanels
  2. Go to Active Panels
  3. Delete chat_left or chat_right respectively

Type /reload to reload the UI.

Reflux has been updated to work, but has been known at times to not. If you are having problems with your UI not looking like our examples, please open up an addon and check the profiles tab. You should see "CalaiUI" as a profile option.

There is a known bug that if you have an account name with numbers you must ensure you copy/type it exactly how it is or addons will not load properly.


Additional Information - please read this!


HELP! I need to update Deadly Boss Mods

I'm using a DBM template that another addon user created and put up on WoWI. The issue, every time a new DBM is released I have to backup some files before I replace.

So, if you are going to update DBM you need to do the following first!
  1. Go to your DBM-Core folder and copy the "textures" and "DBT-Template.xml" file to your desktop
  2. Install the newest DBM download
  3. Copy the files you just backed up to the DBM-Core folder and overwrite the ones that came with the latest download

Special Action Bar?

The Special Action Bar (introducted in Cataclysm) is located in the middle just above Grid.


What about more action bars, aura bars, shape shift bars?

You will need to enable and place them where you see fit.

Type /bt and choose the appropriate bar(s) you require.


Where is the Target Casting Bar?

My mainspec is Holy, therefore I do not need to see what my mates are casting.

To unhide;
  1. Type /quartz
  2. Select "Target"
  3. Check "Enable"

Grid Layout - Healer and Tank/DPS

I have created two different layouts for you to use. The primary layout is setup for Holy; it's a simple centered above action buttons so that I can see what is going on and watch my cooldowns.

You will need to adjust the Grid profile for your taste; by default when you set this up it will automatically use the Tank/DPS layout.

Grid Profile Name

CalaiUI - this is a smaller more compact raid frame that sits mid screen far left.
CalaiUI - Healer - this is the layout you see in my screenshots.


Recount panel is way out of whack!

You may experience a small habit where Recount's window will move. Whatever you do, do not use kgpanels move panels option, all panels are tied to the addons so you need to move that specific addon. To do this with recount, follow these steps;
  1. Type /recount config
  2. Select Window, unlock window
  3. Drag Recount's window until it is back in the proper space

Recount is not coloring my class properly!

In recount we setup the coloring to show all classes outside of a Paladin as darker gray and the Paladin class lighter gray. The purpose behind this was visual reference at speed; locating a lighter bar against darker bar helps you find your place--especially when you need to monitor your HPS (Heals per Second).

To make this appropriate for your class outside of a Paladin, follow these steps:
  1. Open up Interface » Recount » Profile
  2. Type the name of your class in the "New" box and click OK
  3. Below that select one of the Paladin class in the "Copy From" and click OK
  4. You will see the Recount GUI behind you, close the interface options window and go to the GUI
  5. Select "Color" and you will see how all the classes are same color except Paladin
  6. Click the color box next to your class; adjust it to match the Paladin class
  7. Click the color box next to Paladin; adjust it to match all the other classes

Addons

I would like to thank these additional authors whose contributions have helped us develop a better interface for the community.
  • !Beautycase
  • !BugGrabber
  • Align
  • Ara Broker Guild & Friends
  • Ara Broker Money
  • Ara Broker Reputations
  • Ara Broker Spec Switcher
  • Bagnon
  • Bartender 4
  • Broker Durability
  • Broker Group
  • Broker RaidSave
  • Broker uClock
  • Bugsack
  • Chinchilla
  • Clean HotKey
  • Deadly Boss Mods
  • Docking Station
  • ForteXorcist
  • Grid
  • Grid Status MTs
  • Grid Status Raid Icons
  • Inventory Item Levels
  • kgPanels
  • KuiNameplates
  • Mapster
  • Masque
  • Mik's Scrolling Battle Text
  • MovableHolyPower
  • oGlow
  • Omen
  • OmniCC
  • PallyPower
  • Pitbull4
  • Postal
  • Prat
  • Quartz
  • Raven
  • Recount
  • Reflux
  • Shako
  • SharedMedia
  • TipTac
  • XLoot
  • XLoot Group

Thank you again for trying this UI out and I hope it serves the needs of you!


4.0.3
» Toggle Buttons for Omen and Recount

4.0.2
» Missing MicroMenu Highlight image in zip file.

4.0.1
» Modify Micromenu Button Texture.

4.0
» New Layout.
» Refreshed MOP-compatible addons.

3.3.1
» Fixed xpbarnone setfont tag.

3.3
» Updated core addons to support changes in 4.2; some addons have still not been updated by their authors; performed toc bumps just to clean up interface.
» Added the new totems/weapon buffs bars to the bottom of the player unitframe (see description notes on activating them.)
» Changed font string for all addons to "DeckerB", it's a much better looking font for a 30 inch monitor.
» Cleaned up alignment on some addons.
» Integrated the new DBM template addon.
» Moved to KUI Namplates instead of caelNameplates.

3.2
» Updated core addons to support changes in 4.0.6

3.1
» Implemented the new Unit Frames.

3.0
» Updated all addons to most current release.
» Modified the BT bars so that they do not interfere with Druid shapeshifting (just started playing a Feral).
» Updated Pitbull frames with newer textures to give it a more robust look, increased mana bar size. Will be working with re-designing it entirely, stay tuned to the comments section.
» Integrated the new Movable Holy Power into package for Paladins.
» Added Trinket Bars back to release.

2.0
» Updated all addons to most current release.
» Modified some panels and added a 7th bar to allow for trinket placement.
» Integrated XPBarNone to build for those who are not under level 80.
» Cleaned up some of the modified codes.
» Integrated SBF 3.2 beta to include right clicking off buffs now.

1.3
» added a new optional WTF file for 1920x1080 *Thanks Toxicdust for doing this!
» removed xloot 1.0 and replaced it with xloot (includes monitor and group.)

1.2
» updated the Optional 1024 resolution WTF with an actual one built off a friend who has a true 1024. I had mine almost close, but it was better to have one of an actual player. Should help out those under 1600 resolution.

1.1
» added SexyGrid to the UI. I worked through the Lua and modified it so that it would work with the newest Grid release. If the original author disapproves, please contact me and I will remove it.

If you downloaded 1.0, you don't need to reinstall the entire UI. Just grab !BeautyCase and Grid from the addons folder in the zip and copy it to WOW. Then go into the WTF and get the two Grid files from "SavedVariables" and copy them to your global folder in WTF. This is not available for the 1024 optional file, sorry.

1.0
» initial release
Post A Reply Comment Options
Old 10-17-10, 10:33 AM  
TheGeek
A Firelord
 
TheGeek's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 494
File comments: 216
Uploads: 8
Originally posted by Smoker77
[b]I love the ui but there are 2 minimal faults. Look on screen and the cycle

Edith sagt:
Ach german kann er auch . Wie aufm Screen zu sehen wird die schrift von "tiefen" buchstaben überlagert und die Shards sind verschoben.
Ja, sehe ich. Wir fixierin

To fix the warlock soul shard;

Type /kgpanels config and then scroll down active panels to "player_soulshard". On the right scroll down to the "Nudge" options and click the right button a few times to get it under the shard.

To fix the chat issue;

This might be the font or size, type /prat. Select font and try increasing the General font size or change the font. I know on some resolutions fonts will overlap one another.

Danke! Ich feue mich du gernhaben.
__________________
Last edited by TheGeek : 10-17-10 at 10:35 AM.
TheGeek is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 10:44 AM  
Balrogs
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
hi there

i downloaded it and its working good, BUT with the shaman the totems all in middle of the desk how can i fix it?
Balrogs is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 10:46 AM  
Smoker77
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 8
Uploads: 0
ok da ich genauso gut english kann wie du deutsch *g*

die Namensplaketen sind nur sichtbar wenn ich den npc/spieler direkt anwähle. Sonst erkenne ich nicht wer freund oder feind ist. Bug oder option? ^^
Smoker77 is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 11:47 AM  
TheGeek
A Firelord
 
TheGeek's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 494
File comments: 216
Uploads: 8
Originally posted by Balrogs
hi there

i downloaded it and its working good, BUT with the shaman the totems all in middle of the desk how can i fix it?
I don't have a shaman so I was unable to setup the bar. You can move it by typing /bt and going down to Totem Bar. From there you can modify the X and Y settings to put the bar where you want it.

Originally posted by Smoker77
ok da ich genauso gut english kann wie du deutsch *g*

die Namensplaketen sind nur sichtbar wenn ich den npc/spieler direkt anwähle. Sonst erkenne ich nicht wer freund oder feind ist. Bug oder option? ^^
There is a bug in WOW currently with nameplates not showing properly. Try using this code;

Code:
/script SetCVar( "bloattest", 1)
That should restore your nameplates. Until Blizzard fixes it, some nameplate addons malfunction. This is why I didn't add any at the time. I'm hoping we get a resolution soon and can go back to using caelNamePlates.
__________________
TheGeek is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 11:51 AM  
Balrogs
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
ok thanks i will test it

and an other question is it possible to get healbot in there?

and a nice thanks it looks amazing, smart but everything in
Balrogs is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 11:54 AM  
TheGeek
A Firelord
 
TheGeek's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 494
File comments: 216
Uploads: 8
Originally posted by Balrogs
ok thanks i will test it

and an other question is it possible to get healbot in there?

and a nice thanks it looks amazing, smart but everything in
Yep, it's really easy to add healbot! The panel in which Grid sits is mounted to the UI and not Grid. Just install healbot and either remove or unload Grid. Then setup healbot how you want it and move their frames over the top of that box and wahla. You got it setup!
__________________
TheGeek is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 11:59 AM  
Balrogs
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
ahm

i miss the buttons to change the aura with the dk^^
Balrogs is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 12:04 PM  
TheGeek
A Firelord
 
TheGeek's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 494
File comments: 216
Uploads: 8
Originally posted by Balrogs
ahm

i miss the buttons to change the aura with the dk^^
You have a stance enabled class, on the info panel it explains the process for enabling your stance bar. It's pretty easy;

just type /bt and go down to Bar 5, make sure that "Enabled" is not checked. Move down to stance bar and make sure that "Enabled" is checked.

Bar 5 and Stance bar share the same space. What a lot of us do to increase our button availability without sacrificing loss of space is use a standard bar and drag our stance buttons from the spell book to the bar. I do this on my paladin so that I can show all of my Aura's including my seal and righteous fury. Sometimes in combat you may need to make a fast adjustment and Pally Power won't do this in combat; it's locked.
__________________
Last edited by Cairenn : 10-17-10 at 12:16 PM.
TheGeek is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 12:30 PM  
Balrogs
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 6
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by StormCalai
You have a stance enabled class, on the info panel it explains the process for enabling your stance bar. It's pretty easy;

just type /bt and go down to Bar 5, make sure that "Enabled" is not checked. Move down to stance bar and make sure that "Enabled" is checked.

Bar 5 and Stance bar share the same space. What a lot of us do to increase our button availability without sacrificing loss of space is use a standard bar and drag our stance buttons from the spell book to the bar. I do this on my paladin so that I can show all of my Aura's including my seal and righteous fury. Sometimes in combat you may need to make a fast adjustment and Pally Power won't do this in combat; it's locked.
thx im loving it
Balrogs is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 12:54 PM  
veleda
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 48
Uploads: 0
I see in the Addons that you have Forte Paladin set to run, I play a shaman, is that going to cause a problem or should I disable the paladin plugin and enable the shaman one? I also have a problem with the interface slightly, seems that 1 or 2 of the kgpanels are not where they should be.


http://i52.tinypic.com/r8cuj8.jpg

Edit: Posted picture link
Last edited by veleda : 10-17-10 at 01:01 PM.
veleda is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 01:20 PM  
TheGeek
A Firelord
 
TheGeek's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 494
File comments: 216
Uploads: 8
Originally posted by veleda
I see in the Addons that you have Forte Paladin set to run, I play a shaman, is that going to cause a problem or should I disable the paladin plugin and enable the shaman one? I also have a problem with the interface slightly, seems that 1 or 2 of the kgpanels are not where they should be.


http://i52.tinypic.com/r8cuj8.jpg

Edit: Posted picture link
Yes you will need to disable the Paladin plugin and enable the Shaman one. The original WTF was built off my Paladin and I forgot to turn everything back on.

Looking at your screenshot I see the only panel out of place is recount? My concern is the size of that panel. It's the one that is behind the large panel at the far right. That large panel would be for healbot (which I presume you have enabled as that does not appear to be grid.) You will need to configure healbot and move it on your own as I don't use that addon and have no savedvariables file for it.

That smaller panel I'm talking about, if you type /recount config and go to Window > unlock . Can you move that panel by moving recount? If so, then you will need to extend the height on that panel by typing /kgpanels config and going to the recount window under active panels in kg.
__________________
TheGeek is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 01:37 PM  
Vasaline
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
So, my Bar5 KGPanel isn't following my Bar5, which I moved because, well, I have a nameplate covering it that refuses to move. Everything else *looks* to be right. Here's a screenshot for funsies.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...t7722/lawl.jpg

Edit: Omen was out of wack as well, but I fixed it. ...and fixed the chat box.
Last edited by Vasaline : 10-17-10 at 01:44 PM.
Vasaline is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 01:38 PM  
veleda
A Murloc Raider

Forum posts: 5
File comments: 48
Uploads: 0
Originally posted by StormCalai
Yes you will need to disable the Paladin plugin and enable the Shaman one. The original WTF was built off my Paladin and I forgot to turn everything back on.

Looking at your screenshot I see the only panel out of place is recount? My concern is the size of that panel. It's the one that is behind the large panel at the far right. That large panel would be for healbot (which I presume you have enabled as that does not appear to be grid.) You will need to configure healbot and move it on your own as I don't use that addon and have no savedvariables file for it.

That smaller panel I'm talking about, if you type /recount config and go to Window > unlock . Can you move that panel by moving recount? If so, then you will need to extend the height on that panel by typing /kgpanels config and going to the recount window under active panels in kg.
I actually don't use Healbot, I have grid enabled but there isn't anything in the right panel, I just assumed that because I wasn't in a raid group it wasn't showing. I've disabled recount since I don't use it but I can easily turn it back on and see if that resolves the problem with the tiny kgpanel. The other panel I was talking about was the small one behind my watershield buff above my name. The very small blue block in the picture is Smartdebuff, I don't like pallypower so I took it out and replaced it with Smartbuff and Smartdebuff (been using them for a very long time). My KGpanels seem to be very dark also, is that because they don't have anything in front of them or are mine too dark?
veleda is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 01:48 PM  
TheGeek
A Firelord
 
TheGeek's Avatar
AddOn Author - Click to view AddOns

Forum posts: 494
File comments: 216
Uploads: 8
Originally posted by Vasaline
So, my Bar5 KGPanel isn't following my Bar5, which I moved because, well, I have a nameplate covering it that refuses to move. Everything else *looks* to be right. Here's a screenshot for funsies.

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...t7722/lawl.jpg

Edit: Omen was out of wack as well, but I fixed it.
Bar 5 in it's location will clash with Quartz unless you move Quartz and FX cooldown timer up. Look at the screen shot that says "Updated - shows SexyGrid" to see what all the panels look like.

In regards to kgpanels and bar 5, they are not linked because of stance and no-stance classes. I didn't want to two separate panels for each of them so I just left them unattached. This has proven to be a problem and now has me fixing the WTF's to include the attachment for the next update.

In order to move it, you will need to go into kgpanels "/kgpanels config" -> Active Panels -> bars_right . From there you can nudge or unlock and drag that panel to the right place.

The area circled WTF is grid, it's moved (doesn't surprise me.) Type /grid and go to layout, uncheck "Frame Lock". You will see a little tab above that name that says "Grid". Drag and move it.

Now the other thing that has me curious is the two panels under the chat box. I only have one frame for chat and it's not linked to the chat box because of multiple tabs.

Originally posted by veleda
I actually don't use Healbot, I have grid enabled but there isn't anything in the right panel, I just assumed that because I wasn't in a raid group it wasn't showing. I've disabled recount since I don't use it but I can easily turn it back on and see if that resolves the problem with the tiny kgpanel. The other panel I was talking about was the small one behind my watershield buff above my name. The very small blue block in the picture is Smartdebuff, I don't like pallypower so I took it out and replaced it with Smartbuff and Smartdebuff (been using them for a very long time). My KGpanels seem to be very dark also, is that because they don't have anything in front of them or are mine too dark?
Make sure all addons are enabled, something threw a bug and crashed Grid. I can see the bug bag is red in top right corner. Grid should show at all times regardless if you are solo or in a party.

I'm not sure what that box behind watershield spell timer is. It's not a panel I created.

Yes your panels should be solid black. That's how mine is setup, for smaller resolutions you may want to make them transparent a tad. I didn't like it so I kept them solid.
__________________
TheGeek is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-10, 02:04 PM  
Vasaline
A Kobold Labourer

Forum posts: 0
File comments: 2
Uploads: 0
I fixed everything. The chat box was already set to black, and Omen was in a retarded spot. It looks fine now. Thank you!
Vasaline is offline Report comment to moderator  
Reply With Quote
Post A Reply



Category Jump:

Support AddOn Development!

You have just downloaded by the author . If you like this AddOn why not consider supporting the author? This author has set up a donation account. Donations ensure that authors can continue to develop useful tools for everyone.