Development is on an indefinite hiatus until life can get settled out. If you're an AddOn author and want to see development continue, feel free to contact me. Author Portal
Please visit my author portal for the latest news and to make feature requests and bug reports. Thank you.
Test version updates here: v1.0 (beta)
- General Changes
Power bars are getting an overhaul. The following features to be added:
Custom image support (0% done)
Text positioning options (0% done)
Text display ("lua" text) customization (0% done)
Color picker support (0% done)
- Class Specific
"Cooldown bars" option (0% done)
"Play sound at x HPW" option (0% done)
Combo points resource added (0% done)
Druid (feral [cat])
Combo points resource added (0% done)
Script rewrite (20% done)
Power Bars is getting a complete script rewrite, from the ground up. Some features that you may be used to may not exist during the initial release of the new script's "beta" but I will announce any features that I intend to permanently remove.
I cannot possibly know all of the bugs that might crop up, and will rely on others reporting bugs to me. For a bug to be listed, I have to be able to confirm it, or receive such evidence that even though I can't reproduce it, I believe it exists.
These are the current features in Power Bars. If one of these features isn't working, then there's possibly a bug you need to report. Please see "Known Issues" before reporting a bug however.
Support for Holy Power, Soul Shards, Eclipse Bar, Rune Bar, Mana, Focus, Rage, Energy, and Runic Power
Death Knight Options:
Optional Rune Timers
can use OmniCC instead of default
Ability to toggle the "square" cooldown frame
Alternative layout arrangements of runes, including: 2 rows by 3 columns, and horizontal or vertical lines of runes plus the ability to arrange the position of each rune as desired.
Ability to rescale individual runes.
Ability to throttle Holy Power display to only show when above a certain amount of Holy Power
Alternative layout arrangements of Holy Power parts including vertical or horizontal and inverted arrangements plus the ability to arrange the position of each level of Holy Power individually as desired.
Ability to rescale individual Holy Power
Optional special image to notify you if Soulburn is still active
Alternative layout arrangements of Soul Shards including vertical or horizontal and inverted arrangements plus the ability to arrange the position of each individual Soul Shard as desired.
Ability to rescale individual Soul Shards
Druid (Balance) Options:
A "foresee" energy feature similar to what's found in Balance Power Tracker, original idea belongs to Copialinex and credit will be given to him.
An option to change the opacity of Eclipse if you change into a form other than the humanoid or moonkin forms
Options to adjust various features of the Eclipse layout. You will be able to move the following: The "bar" along which the arrow moves, the real Eclipse value box and the "virtual" eclipse value box
Support for custom images for Resource systems (Runes, Holy Power, Soul Shard, Eclipse)
Ability to turn off default Blizzard resource frames
Toggle display of Power or Resource frames
Alter '0 power' image opacity
Saved Variables and Layouts by character
An Out-of-Combat opacity option for Power and Resource frames
A Resource-frame opacity option
License GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE v3
* Essentially, I don't care if you use parts of this AddOn or all of it. It's free to use and redistribute, and the images are part of that deal. All I want in return is a bit of credit for the work that I do, just as I credit others for the help that they give. A simple link back to this page (if applicable) and a reference to the user Chamenas (or Lulia) is all that is needed. As long as you aren't claiming the work is your own, I'm not terribly bothered.
What Is Power Bars?
Power Bars will be a Power & Resource display AddOn. Its purpose will be to offer customizable displays for all Power and Resource systems in the game, this includes (but isn't necessarily limited to): Mana, Rage, Energy, Runic Power, Focus, Eclipse, Holy Power, and Soul Shards.
The frames for these resource systems will be movable, will be offered with various display options "right out of the box" and offer the user the ability to customize them with their own personal images and colors if they so wish.
Why Power Bars?
I'm aware that there are already similar AddOns out there. So you might be asking yourself "Why re-invent the wheel"?. Well, for starters, this is my VERY FIRST AddOn. I've NEVER made one before. Now, I have some experience scripting and coding, but no experience with the WoW API and my Scripting/Coding skills are novice at best. Thus, I have a LOT to learn.
I wanted an AddOn that I could use to personally customize for Holy Power and Soul Shards, since I didn't see any single AddOn out there that did it in such a way as I would have liked. Power Auras did pretty well, but I wanted something a bit better, and something a bit easier to adjust.
However, like most things in life, I really like to share what I make with the world. I didn't want to make a small AddOn that only I would use. I figured: if I'm going to learn how to make AddOns, then I'm going to make AddOns I can share with the community. Thus the origins of Power Bars. The intention of this AddOn is to be an intuitive and easy Power & Resource display management system, offering the user total control and power over how they see their resource and power bars.
Version 0.52 (BETA)
* Made changes to fix a potential issue with 4.1's new implementation of the event COMBAT_LOG_UNFILTERED, the change is intended to make sure the "foresee energy" feature for druids still works
Version 0.51 (BETA)
* Brought up to current WoW version
Version 0.5 (BETA)
* Numerous Script changes
* Changed the Class pages to show only options for player's current Class
* Support added for "foresee" energy for Balance Druids
* Added opacity sliders for Resource textures, Power textures (both main and overlay).
* Added opacity sliders for out of combat for both Resource and Power bars
* Added opacity slider for when Druid is in a different shapeshift form
* Fixed a bug which would cause "Disable power bars" to be checked even if it wasn't active
* Adjusted druid Eclipse text to a more reasonable strata level so it won't overlay on other addon windows
* Added support for a new internal error tracking system
* Changed how the Unlock system works slightly
- Frames can now be moved and rescaled at the same time
- Yellow frames can be both moved and rescaled, green frames can only be moved
- Classes with individual frame elements that can be unlocked may now do so easily from the unlock dialog
- /powb unlock or clicking the unlock button will now unlock the frames, you will need to select the lock button to lock them again
- Power Bars will try to grab smaller frames when they are beneath larger frames and both are unlocked
- Highlighted opacity for the current-focus frame for unlocked frames
Version 0.42 (BETA)
* Fixed a line error when changing specs as druid
* Fixed an error with setting custom aspect ratios for Paladins and Warlocks
Version 0.41 (BETA)
* Fixed runes to properly display rounded numbers for rune cooldowns with haste
Version 0.4 (BETA)
* Added the ability to individually move and rescale frames for multi-frame resource systems such as: Holy Power, Soul Shards and Runes.
* Added support for custom images and custom aspect ratios for custom images
* Added a "Filter" that only shows Holy Power when it's at a certain amount (1, 2 or 3 as set by the user), this is an optional feature. Off by default.
* Added a an option for Warlocks to change their shard images when Soulburn is active. On by default.
* Added an option for Deathknights to turn off "Square" cooldowns. If the cooldowns are turned off, runes will be replaced by darker versions of the rune image.
Version 0.32 (BETA)
* Fixed an issue with Runes being auto-disabled for Death Knights
Version 0.31 (BETA)
* Fixed an issue with Eclipse bars not showing for some players
Version 0.3 (BETA)
* Fixed the edit box for '0 power' opacity
* Added Power bars for: Mana, Runic Power, Focus, Energy, and Rage
* Changed resize controls and made resize based off of a scaling factor
* Fixed reset issues
Version 0.2 (BETA)
* Various script changes
* Added option to disable the resource frame
* Added option to disable Blizzard resource frames
* New images for all the Resource systems
* Added opacity slider for '0 power frame'
Version 0.1 (BETA)
* Added support for Runes
* Added a new Interface panel "Class-Specific Options"
* Runes have an optional timer, you can also turn on OmniCC timers for the runes if you wish.
* New Eclipse bar image
* New slash commands for /powbar
- <panel> "Opens up the corresponding options panel"
- unlock "Opens up the unlock dialog"
- config "Opens up the main interface panel"
- About "Gives general information about the AddOn"
Version 0.03 (ALPHA)
* Added support for Eclipse bars
* Resize now assesses proportion constraint checks after user finishes resizing, causing the frame to scale
Version 0.02 (ALPHA)
* Changed the background texture for movable frames
* Added a Resize option
* Added the ability to restore defaults for size and location
* Changed Move and Resize toggles to a separate dialog toggle, opened in the Interface panel (General Options)
* Added Saved Variables and Layouts, separated by characters
Version 0.01b (ALPHA)
* Added Power Bars logo to the Interface Panel
* Added "Introduction" text section to the Interface panel
* Added "toggle '0 power' frame" to the Interface panel (General Options)