I prefer the small button approach that I can drag to any side of the screen to a bar.
It has marker timers.
*new* v1.33 and onwards adds world marker key-binds to the Game Options.
Alright... are you going to add?
-sounds and libsink announce for expiring markers,
-bars instead of text timers,
Probably not, it suits me fine as it is.
Hope you find it useful as well.
Configuration: /flareup pos
Show the button out of party for positioning. Flares will not work. Type it again to hide. /flareup timers
Toggles timers on/off.
- Timers do not persist following a reload.
- I've tried to make the timers smart but there is a small chance of "false" positives
depending what you do after you load a flare to the cursor and before you actually put it down.
(fx clicking an actionbutton instead of the "world" or clicking out of range)
- update group triggers.
- .toc update, compatible with WoW 5.2.0
- quick update for WoW 5.0.5/MoP, probably the last one as I'm considering to retire this mod :)
- will probably keep working for a while if no major changes to the game.
- remove some debug code from secure keybinds (no functional changes)
- more improvements to marker timers
(mouse buttons 3 to 5 could confuse the addon, and /cwm 0 wasn't clearing timers properly)
- attempt to fix the 'C stack overflow' error reported by Zidomo @wowi.
(can't reproduce it myself but I have an idea what might have been the issue)
- bufix 4.3 enable/disable logic (was incorrectly enabling in raid when not RL/assistant)
- world marker timer changes
-- timer shadow and anchoring.
-- timers count down again. Assumed time-out of 1hour (unverified!)
- keybind menu changes (Esc -> Keybinds -> FlareUP)
- update for raid manager frame changes
- new feature: world marker key-binds
- .toc update, compatible with Hour of Twilight (4.3)
- .toc update
- don't leave timers and updates running in the background when leaving a party / losing lead.
- seems world markers are persistent after 4.0.6 (last until recalled) and not 5mins.
Timers will count up instead of countdown.
- WoW 4.0.6 API update.
FlareUP timers now respond to individual flare clears as well as "clear all".
- another try at preventing taint
- More aggressive detection of combat status following a reloadUI or logging in combat.