This addon saves a backup of you chat window info so you can load it on another character.
This addon will need to be loaded all the time or else the chat window settings don't save to the chat-cache.txt file and then your chat windows won't be in the right place; even though they will be showing the right information(at least that's what my testing showed).
/een save - Saves the current character's chat windows
/een load - Loads the backup to the current character
/een autoload - toggles the auto-magic loading of the settings for new characters(default is on)
/een msg - togles the msg box telling you to reloadui(default shows the message)
Use, change or otherwise put this code to use however you feel. I don't think there will be much to fix, but please feel free to let me know of any bugs.
Some of this code was taken from wowwiki, wowace, and from Xinhuan (/ty).
- "DOH!", always fully test first
- Now grabs channels(General, Trade, etc.) *NOTE* I haven't written anything for channels that have passwords or whatever so please let me know how that works (Thanx Hubot)
- Now with COLOUR! (Thanx to Constie-Norgannon for the idea)
- updated the way the mod handles combat log(it can't be moved/resized ? ), while still allowing for other docked frames
- changed the way the mod handles docked chatframes
- Updated TOC to 6.0.2
- added 'autoload' and 'msg' toggles to the /een command
- addon now stores a copy of the settings for each character as well as the account-wide set, this allows the addon to always load the per-character set if its there as the chat-cache.txt file doesn't seem to be saving the positions of the chat windows(even tho the other settings are saving there)
- First version, use /een save to save current chat windows and /een load to load the back to the current character