|Go to Page...|
Enables full functioning communication between 2 or more guilds.
Two users are required to have this addon for it to work (1 in each guild), however only 1 user per guild is
required to have Guild2Guild for all members of both guilds to reap the benefits.
For example, guild chat from guild A will appear in guild B's guild chat, and vice-versa.
==Important Note about Version 8.0.7==
* Version 8.0.7 has a new feature - If there are NO Allied Guilds listed in the "Guild Info Text" then Guild2Guild will Shut-Down.
*This has been added to ensure that Guild2Guild cannot, under any circumstances, randomly connect to other guilds.
== Features ==
* Interface options - Shows All Allied Guilds, Current Relay Channel and Current connections.
* Interface options menu
* Information page 3 - how G2G works.
* You can enable either guild chat, officer chat, or both.
* Allows item linking
* Completely secure since the transmission channel is via in game whispers. The public channel that you set is used for cross guild synchronization only
* You can set the add-on to be even more secure by limiting the guilds that you will accept relays from (in case someone with the addon has characters in multiple guilds) (Gui coming soon)
* Forwards messages that other addons send to the guild addon channel
* More than two people from either guild can have the add-on running at once, in fact its encouraged to have multiple characters with the addon for stability.
* Everyone with the addon will see the guild chat as though it came directly from the person that sent the message. Clicking on their name will have all the same functionality as the regular WOW UI.
* If you do not have the addon installed you will see [Name 1][Name 2], 1 = the current link to your guild, 2 = the person sending the message.
== Usage ==
To use Guild2Guild, just download and install like any other addon, and have a friend (in a
different guild) do the same. Then, decide upon a synchronization channel, and set both of
your G2G's to the same channel, like so:
* /g2g channel relaychannel
Once the channel is set, simply enable G2G as such:
* /g2g on
You should now be ready for intra-guild communications!
== Guild Leaders ==
You can limit the guilds that you can connect to using a white list, and automatically set
the channel and password by adding a string like: (below) to your guild information (through the guild options menu).
* <G2G;C:CHANNEL we want to use;P:PASSWORD to keep it secret;A:My Mates GUILD 1,My other mates GUILD 2;>
* Example: <G2G;C:Fredschannel;P:Flinstone;Aeath to the king,Lushness,Dire Dawn Raiders;>
* Channel is the name of the channel you want guild2guild to use to coordinate relays.
* Password is the password for that channel.
* Guild1 and Guild2 are the names of two or more guilds that you would like to allow to connect to this one. (Guild names are Case Sensitive)
(Password is optional, you don't need to use it if you don't want to have a password.)
Alternately you can create a custom build of guild2guild for your guild to use by editing the file "DefaultConfiguration.lua" (In Notepad) to use a new channel, and channel password, and then Posting the new "Default Configuration" to your guild website for members to download and install.
* Guild to Guild will automatically promote people that are allowed to speak in the officer channel to relays. This is so that the officer chat can be relayed as well.
== Known issues ==
* Error in Achievements showing correctly!
== Summary of in-game help commands ==
To view the usage of Guild2Guild:
* /g2g help
To turn this addon on or off:
* /g2g [on|off]
To turn guild chat on or off:
* /g2g gchat [on|off]
To turn officer chat on or off:
* /g2g ochat [on|off]
To turn relay change notification on or off:
* /g2g relaynotify [on|off]
To set or change the hidden synchronization channel used by this addon:
* /g2g channel [MY_CHANNEL]
To view your settings:
* /g2g report
(ADVANCED: If something really strange happens you can type /g2g stackdump which will take a
snapshot of the last few minutes of guild2guild activity. If you mail me your guild2guild saved
variables file when you log out then I will be better able to debug what went wrong.)
A brief History of Guild2Guild -
To the few very dedicated people that have maintained G2G in chronological responsibility:
* Original Author - Elviso of Mug'Thol
* Modified by - Tassleoff
* Previous Manager/Author - Durthos of Proudmoore
* Update Author - Alvana of Zul'jin
* Current Manager/Author - Jaxom of Hellfire
IMPORTANT NOTE: It is against the T&C's of Blizz entertainment for any addon to allow communication between Alliance and Horde.
Guild2Guild will not allow, under any circumstances, an alliance guild and a horde guild to communicate.