Current status: Discontinued, as 5.0 removed the weekly reputation cap.
While Patch 4.0.6 implemented an official and somewhat reliable way to track your progress towards the weekly guild reputation cap (and made a good chunk of this addon outdated) the way this data is presented might not satisfy you. GuildRepCap helps by:
adding information about your weekly guild reputation progress to the chat output, so you see your progress while questing, and don't have to double-check the Guild Frame.
mouseover of the reputation bar in the Guild Frame informs about the time until the next weekly reset
disabled (obsolete? ) feature: Before 4.2, reputation increasing buffs (including the guild tabards) also increased the weekly guild reputation cap. GuildRepCap adjusted the projection of the cap on the reputation bar in the Guild Frame. This feature is inactive until Blizzard (hopefully) enables the old behavior again.
Chat info might not work for non-English locales. If that is the case, please post the chat output you get for guild reputation increases in the comments so I can implement those.
- 4.3 changed the EU guild rep cap to Wednesday, the weekly maintenance day
- well, the weekly cap is unaffected by bonus reputation since 4.2, and it seems it's here to stay *sigh* they make this addon more and more obsolete...
- The "WoW's 7th Anniversary" buff does not apply to guild reputation.
- support for seasonal buffs, which affect guild reputation just like the guild perks and tabards
- a warning is printed in chat when you gain guild reputation with a guild tabard equipped, but the tabard buff is not active (Molten Front bug)
- 4.2 change: base cap is now 4375
- 4.1 changes: check if the player wears an Illustrious/Renowned Guild Tabard
- safety check whether Blizzard or another addon changed GetGuildFactionInfo()
- actual bug fix: does only assume Rank 2 of Mr Popularity for level 12+ guilds, not 8+ *hides*
- turns out round() is not Lua baseline, my bad
- use a more un-ambigous savedvar since it's not local
- support for locales where the chat messages use GUILD instead of GUILD_REPUTATION (e.g. zhTW)